Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC) – 200th this weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

The amount of different sex partners BigSexc has quietly advertised in the last few years is extortionate.

chloroform.gif

Hold on hold on.

I thought the two year thing applied if under sixteen then once sixteen it didn't matter?

It's true, but it used to be 2 years between the ages of 16 and 18. They changed it. I know because they forced us to read the laws during teacher training. I was surprised to see it had changed.

Very unlikely to happen - but if it's consensual then I don't see a problem with it.

16 year olds are mature enough to be held responsible for their own decisions.

Ah, no, no they aren't. Believe me, I teach teenagers and most of them are terribly naive and in no way prepared to be involved with somebody 10 years older, let alone a 50 year old. The balance of power in such a relationship is way out of kilter - not conducive to an equal relationship. The younger party ends up doing things against their better judgement because they are always the junior/unknowing party. Anyone who thinks a 16 year can be equal to a 50 year old has been reading too many Lolita fantasies.

Ah, no, no they aren't. Believe me, I teach teenagers and most of them are terribly naive and in no way prepared to be involved with somebody 10 years older, let alone a 50 year old. The balance of power in such a relationship is way out of kilter - not conducive to an equal relationship. The younger party ends up doing things against their better judgement because they are always the junior/unknowing party. Anyone who thinks a 16 year can be equal to a 50 year old has been reading too many Lolita fantasies.

What?

I'm not talking about relationships!!!!

Jesus, I agree that would be insane - I'm just saying, if a 16 year old decides he/she wants to * a 50 year old... well, they're at a stage where it's their decision to regret.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He does already have a lady-friend though, Chelsea was it? It was mentioned in the interview before the age-of-consent derailment.

Charlotte.

FTR it's not weird I know that, was in my year level at school until grade 2 I think.

What?

Jesus, I agree that would be insane - I'm just saying, if a 16 year old decides he/she wants to **** a 50 year old... well, they're at a stage where it's their decision to regret.
Teenage obsession starts exactly where you so delicately describe... That's why we need laws to stop old creeps messing with young kids. 16 year olds are not as mature as they think they are.

So how 'bout that drafting? :p We've almost got a team now!

What?

Jesus, I agree that would be insane - I'm just saying, if a 16 year old decides he/she wants to **** a 50 year old... well, they're at a stage where it's their decision to regret.

The thing is the 16 yo would always, almost without exception, regret it - or worse - at some stage

Even at 18 you think you know it all. Later, you realize in fact you knew s**t all

Everyone has had a bit of fun which is fine, it's off season, but off topic posts will be removed from now on to recapture some semblance of proper discussion.

Guys, announcement from Crimson Azure in the Rules thread...

Guys & girls,

The board has become a little bit of a free for all over the last few weeks & we want to get some structure back & topical threads to be exactly that a thread to discuss a topic.

A few things that need to be addressed:
  • Posting of images & gifs as a response to posts - Not an acceptable response or statement in a serious discussion thread.
  • Derailing of threads/going off topic - If a thread is about trades thats what the expected discussion is to be about. That is the same with all other threads too.
  • Abuse/personal attacks - Not that there has been much of this but play the ball not the man.
  • Creating threads/repeating threads - If there is a thread on the player or subject consider if you really need another thread or can it fit into the existing thread?
We know its the silly season & we have never seen the MFC so active this time of year or the board so busy but please be mindful of the above points.

Captain Jack & RandB may want to add more to this so stay posted.
This was brought about largely by the action in this thread the other day with that discussion about consent and underage sex. As it says in the quote, we love a bit of banter and amusing discussion, but that one just kept going in a thread that is meant to be about discussion of Jack Viney. Plus it was pretty damn weird to be talking about that subject for so long and in such detail. Kinda creepy tbh.
Anyway, just thought I would post this here as some may not bother to check out the Rules thread. Carry on.

What's the club record for tackles in a season?
Over/under Jack will break it as a rookie?

Junior laid 143 in 2006. To beat it, he'll have to lay more than 6.5 tackles a game (assuming we don't play finals, which is a pretty safe assumption).

For reference's sake, Scott Selwood laid the AFL record 202 in 2011;

Only 2 players laid more than 143 in 2012:
Andrew Swallow: 160 at 7 per game;
Ryan O'Keefe: 156 at 6.5 per game.
(helped by playing 23 and 24 games respectively.)

Doubt I'd be betting on it, just quietly.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO not Brick

Remember our last Brick?

BWE is fine :D :thumbsu:
He's been labelled the 'brick with eyes' as a junior, which is why I went straight to Brick. Admittedly I don't call the old Brick Brick, but rather Tortoise...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back