Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not expecting big things from LDU tomorrow, and that is fine. He showed a lot on Saturday and to expect him to back that up with better stats against a far more experienced opposition midfield is unreasonable (want to get in ahead of the inevitable LDU bashing if he only has 10 disposals).

From my perspective its a big win that he's getting games in 2020. Consistent game time, injury free, with the occasional 15-20+ touch/1-2 goal games should be everyone's expectation. Anything above that is a big bonus.

Set himself up with a string of 10 games in 2020 and prime himself for a big 2021 preseason. This is when we can adjust our expectations for more (not ridiculous) output.

Just keep building LDU.

I posted about the extra work he and a few others in Simpkin, Thomas and Bonar were doing over preseason where they practised bursting from the centre square and hitting up a leading target, and how the quality of LDUs kicking was stop and stare good.

Poor BBB must be looking back at that whistfully.

Agree. I think we have more than one elite ball user under our nose. Scott, Taylor, Thomas, Perez, and of course Jy will all be known as elite ball users over their careers.

... and just wait until Will Walker finally gets back on the park. That’s when the serious action will start!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not expecting big things from LDU tomorrow, and that is fine. He showed a lot on Saturday and to expect him to back that up with better stats against a far more experienced opposition midfield is unreasonable (want to get in ahead of the inevitable LDU bashing if he only has 10 disposals).

From my perspective its a big win that he's getting games in 2020. Consistent game time, injury free, with the occasional 15-20+ touch/1-2 goal games should be everyone's expectation. Anything above that is a big bonus.

Set himself up with a string of 10 games in 2020 and prime himself for a big 2021 preseason. This is when we can adjust our expectations for more (not ridiculous) output.

Just keep building LDU.

Let's look for quality over quantity. There were a few things he did against the Cows that were just elite. Top of my mind was the handball he fed out to Goldy in the forward line that led to a goal and his own roving of a marking contest to kick the final goal of the game on his opposite foot. There were a few others as well. If he can keep showing us glimpses of that talent and potential then I will be happy even without amassing big numbers.

One thing that was really notable in the footage of LDU from the scratch match was his work roving to Xerri in the centre bounces. He was reading the ball well, ripping possession, and exploding forward. We haven't seen that yet at AFL level but I am confident it will come. To me, it looked as though he was a little bit in two minds when he contested in the centre square between playing a defensive role and going ball hunting. Great to see him in at plenty of bounce though.

Why post thumbnails like that?

The acurate one is barely getting anything done as it is.

Not true There's Ms Sarah, Ms Barbara ( charted accountant) I asked her if she wanted to borrow my abacus. Ms Tina a Paramedic, Ms Louise a Doctor and Ms Viv a Psychologist. Ms Viv finds me interesting, I'm not sure about her.

And me the shitmen 🤷‍♂️

Oh.........

1596520487428.png

I'll be happy if he puts his right boot on his right foot and his left boot on his left foot, and if required he can get someone to tie them up for him given his history with shoulder and groin injuries.

Makes sense with two 4 day breaks that they rest him tomorrow night and then play him against Melbourne on the weekend.

Fairly confident he'll be back against the Dees. Rhys stated weeks ago that the club were going to to managing our list through this period. I got the distinct impression that it wouldn't be surprising if every player on the list got a game over the next few weeks (those who are listed as fit).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took yet another step forward tonight. The silver lining in the dark cloud of tonight's performance.

Are there still people who don't think he will be a top quality player?

There are a lot of them in the game day threads that just pick on him for one average handball. Additionally, they say that he won’t make it based off of one handball.

Took yet another step forward tonight. The silver lining in the dark cloud of tonight's performance.

Are there still people who don't think he will be a top quality player?
I've always believed he would be, pleasantly surprised he was able to produce a match like today coming back from OP just a few games ago though, shows he's got the desire, as well as the skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back