Official Club Stuff A Message from the President

Remove this Banner Ad

Things look to be on the up in 2020!

Members should've received this e-mail this afternoon.

Would love to hear your thoughts on how things are going at Moorabbin and what you think the future holds.

On behalf of the St Kilda Football Club, I want offer my thanks for your support as we embark on new beginning at RSEA Park, Moorabbin.

Last night’s history-making first AFLW victory will be a moment those who witnessed it will never forget.

Well over 20,000 supporters have made the journey to RSEA Park for our first two home AFLW matches and Thursday night’s sell-out memorable Marsh Community Series clash with Hawthorn.

It has been incredible to see our iconic ground surrounded once again in red, white and black.

I loved watching a new generation of young Saints cheer on their heroes just as my brother and I did many years ago, squeezing to the front of the Animal Enclosure.

Returning home to Moorabbin was no easy feat and it’s only because of the contribution of our funding partners, including the Victorian Government and the Kingston City Council, and the generosity of our Foundation supporters that it has now become the centrepiece of football in Melbourne’s south.

Those who are willing to financially contribute though our Foundation are the unsung heroes that have ensured our players have access to world-class facilities and we can reimagine the role Moorabbin plays in this club’s future.

Our new women’s team is also blessed to have their own changerooms and headquarters that are the benchmark of the competition, thanks largely to the contribution of the Andrews’ Government.

Championed by Member for Bentleigh Nick Staikos, the State Government backed our push to bring AFLW games to RSEA Park, Moorabbin.

We will continue to work with the Government and our Foundation supporters to ensure the further evolution of our spiritual home can deliver new programs and initiatives that benefit the Club and our local community.

Finally, I want to say a big thank you to everyone who has signed up as we strive for 50,000 members.

This week we surpassed the 40,000 mark which is a record for this time of year.

If you know anyone still undecided as to whether they will join up, I encourage you to help them understand just how crucial our members are to our future.

It’s an exciting time for the club with our women’s team inspiring a whole new generation of young Saints and our men’s team launching a new era under coach Brett Ratten.

On Thursday night we saw a glimpse of the impact our recruits can make, combined with the growth in our young stars.

We know we must be somewhat patient as the team comes together and we embed a new game plan under Brett, but we share your desire for significant improvement.

This starts with being competitive in every game we play. If we can do that then the results will follow and we can put ourselves in contention to return to finals football.

I look forward to seeing you at RSEA Park for our two remaining AFLW games or at Marvel Stadium when the AFL season begins.

Go Saints

That's a great letter from the Prez George.....he absolutely summed up perfectly.

We ARE heading in the right direction.

He can be a very low key prez too....saw him Thursday night in a white shirt....jacket....jeans and runners.....I had to look twice to be sure it was him.

The theme of 'being competitive in every match' is something he was talking about a lot last year.

They must have gotten feedback about how demoralising it was as supporters to watch us get blown away so often by better sides. Although 2019 was a much better year, that was still a big issue. The Brisbane game comes to mind, that was a huge game for the club and we shat the bed.

The club need to be applauded in getting us back to Moorabbin. It is creating a great vibe. We are moving in the right direction, I'm sure of it.

Things look to be on the up in 2020!

Members should've received this e-mail this afternoon.

Would love to hear your thoughts on how things are going at Moorabbin and what you think the future holds.

On behalf of the St Kilda Football Club, I want offer my thanks for your support as we embark on new beginning at RSEA Park, Moorabbin.

Last night’s history-making first AFLW victory will be a moment those who witnessed it will never forget.

Well over 20,000 supporters have made the journey to RSEA Park for our first two home AFLW matches and Thursday night’s sell-out memorable Marsh Community Series clash with Hawthorn.

It has been incredible to see our iconic ground surrounded once again in red, white and black.

I loved watching a new generation of young Saints cheer on their heroes just as my brother and I did many years ago, squeezing to the front of the Animal Enclosure.

Returning home to Moorabbin was no easy feat and it’s only because of the contribution of our funding partners, including the Victorian Government and the Kingston City Council, and the generosity of our Foundation supporters that it has now become the centrepiece of football in Melbourne’s south.

Those who are willing to financially contribute though our Foundation are the unsung heroes that have ensured our players have access to world-class facilities and we can reimagine the role Moorabbin plays in this club’s future.

Our new women’s team is also blessed to have their own changerooms and headquarters that are the benchmark of the competition, thanks largely to the contribution of the Andrews’ Government.

Championed by Member for Bentleigh Nick Staikos, the State Government backed our push to bring AFLW games to RSEA Park, Moorabbin.

We will continue to work with the Government and our Foundation supporters to ensure the further evolution of our spiritual home can deliver new programs and initiatives that benefit the Club and our local community.

Finally, I want to say a big thank you to everyone who has signed up as we strive for 50,000 members.

This week we surpassed the 40,000 mark which is a record for this time of year.

If you know anyone still undecided as to whether they will join up, I encourage you to help them understand just how crucial our members are to our future.

It’s an exciting time for the club with our women’s team inspiring a whole new generation of young Saints and our men’s team launching a new era under coach Brett Ratten.

On Thursday night we saw a glimpse of the impact our recruits can make, combined with the growth in our young stars.

We know we must be somewhat patient as the team comes together and we embed a new game plan under Brett, but we share your desire for significant improvement.

This starts with being competitive in every game we play. If we can do that then the results will follow and we can put ourselves in contention to return to finals football.

I look forward to seeing you at RSEA Park for our two remaining AFLW games or at Marvel Stadium when the AFL season begins.

Go Saints
Seems like almost everything the club is doing these days is positive.
30k grandstand plus standing room around Moorabbin and we could play home games for men and women there.
Put catering and merch on top of that and we'd make a fortune even compared to the new deal at Marvel.

What about traffic, is there anywhere they can do some decent parking?
Its like a 10 min walk to Moorabbin Station so could be far worse.
Buses down Nepean Hwy too.
Parking though has always been limited around there and not sure what the answer would be.

What about traffic, is there anywhere they can do some decent parking?

Surely the AFL & Govt are looking at more boutique stadiums and the re-development of Moorabbin as a alternative make sense. Im no town planner but I would look at relocating the Bowling Club and building a multi story carpark (underground or above ground) in that area. Build stadiums to cope with 25-30 thousand poeple and the club will be flying again!

I am sorry to be negative here and i hope i am wrong. I work in local council and have seen massive challenges to get a lot smaller projects done because of objections from the surrounding community. I reckon most people that live around the ground. Might not follow football and if they do will go for another team. I cant see a permit for a 30k grand stand let a lone a multi story car park being approved.

Last edited:
Surely the AFL & Govt are looking at more boutique stadiums and the re-development of Moorabbin as a alternative make sense. Im no town planner but I would look at relocating the Bowling Club and building a multi story carpark (underground or above ground) in that area. Build stadiums to cope with 25-30 thousand poeple and the club will be flying again!
Ikon Park makes more sense as a boutique stadium than Moorabbin does.

The theme of 'being competitive in every match' is something he was talking about a lot last year.

They must have gotten feedback about how demoralising it was as supporters to watch us get blown away so often by better sides. Although 2019 was a much better year, that was still a big issue. The Brisbane game comes to mind, that was a huge game for the club and we shat the bed.

The club need to be applauded in getting us back to Moorabbin. It is creating a great vibe. We are moving in the right direction, I'm sure of it.

The Brisbane game was the one game which really left me feeling bad in 2019 - so many other games we were at least competitive (either pulling back from an early deficit, or getting a start, and being run down by experienced, older bodies) but that game just felt awful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back