Ablett coming home

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Geelong have to do is pay proper value for him. That's the part you're not surprisingly leaving out.
So what is"proper value" for a 34 yo with shoulder injury history?

You're ******* disgusting mate. Bloke's sister has just died and you're being a disingenuous little campaigner.

How did she pass away? terrible tragedy.... RIP.... Hope the Ablett's stay strong through this tough time...

Geelong fanboys want to be the good guys and help Ablett out, just as long as they get him practically for free instead of paying something even close to reasonable to the evil Gold Coast organisation. Gotta 'win' the trade week.

Absolutely bang on. Trying to take the moral high ground because it suits them to do so. If they cared about Gazza they'd just give the Suns something decent for him rather than trying to get him for free. Oh yeah but it's really all about Gary. No it's about the GFC as usual.

Cats fans pre-trade "he's a broken down old man he's maybe got a year left....he's worth virtually nothing"

Cats fans post-trade "we just got the best player in the competition for a bag of chips. We're gonna win the flag next year"
Reality is somewhere in the middle. GC have to cut their losses and geelong have to fork out a little. Pick 19 or 22 is about fair

You're ******* disgusting mate. Bloke's sister has just died and you're being a disingenuous little campaigner.

Come off it. You clearly don't get the point I'm trying to make about Cats fans emotional blackmail of the situation.

You only need to go to the Geelong board to see the majority of cats fans talking about Gary like a piece of meat who "is no way worth pick 19". Instead of talking about him as a past club champion who is in need most fans on your board would rather go for stringer instead of stepping up and doing what has to be done.

Last edited:
No way Geelong can afford that. They spent big on established players last year. Going two years in a row without bringing in any quality youth would be some seriously shoddy list management. I've also heard this years ND is rather shallow. They can't be assured they will find any quality players late in the draft.

We've been finding more players through the rookie draft.

Stringer is 10 years younger. Use your head.

I realise that. All I'm saying is Cats fans are hanging it on opposition fans for being insensitive when the truth is for all their "sympathy" they'd rather bring stinger in than welcome Gary back.

They only want him if it doesn't compromise their draft position but they're so quick to say the Suns should give up their best and most highly paid player for nothing.

Hypocrites the lot of them.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come off it. You clearly don't get the point I'm trying to make about Cats fans emotional blackmail of the situation.

You only need to go to the Geelong to see the majority of cats fans talking about Gary like a piece of meat who "is no way worth pick 19". Instead of talking about him as a pass club champion who is in need most fans on your board would rather go for stringer instead of stepping up and doing what has to be done.

The only ones treating Gary as a piece of meat are those haggling for his 'worth' as a player on the verge of retirement and since Geelong is not actually after Gary it is the GC who's treating a champion of the game in this manner.

Other clubs who've had veterans request trades have quite happily let them go for 'peanuts' (i.e Hodge, Mitchell, Chapman, etc...) because their respective clubs respect them for all they've done for them in their prime years and realise their 'value' as long term players (and that older player's output diminishes as they get older), is minimal.

Geelong hasn't tried to 'poach' Gary, is Gary who has approached the club. And as much as we'd like to accommodate his wishes to finish off his career with the club his family has strong ties with, Geelong won't be taken advantage of by giving up anything higher than a 4th rounder which would result in non-Geelong numpties laughing at our expense for months on end.

Last edited:
Absolutely bang on. Trying to take the moral high ground because it suits them to do so. If they cared about Gazza they'd just give the Suns something decent for him rather than trying to get him for free. Oh yeah but it's really all about Gary. No it's about the GFC as usual.
Please quote where the GFC have given the impression that they are trying to now get Gary Ablett for 'free'? I believe that Geelong have proven to be fair and honest traders - maybe even too fair. A few 'fans' having a more outlandish opinion will have no bearing on what actually happens.

Please quote where the GFC have given the impression that they are trying to now get Gary Ablett for 'free'? I believe that Geelong have proven to be fair and honest traders - maybe even too fair. A few 'fans' having a more outlandish opinion will have no bearing on what actually happens.

Don't bother. Posters seem to think that Geelong not giving up Mitch Duncan means they're horrible and unreasonable. I'm sure Richmond posters and Adelaide posters would happily give up Dusty or Sloane for Ablett if he were wanting to come to them. Anything else would be greedy.

I realise that. All I'm saying is Cats fans are hanging it on opposition fans for being insensitive when the truth is for all the their "sympathy" they'd rather bring stinger in than welcome Gary back.

They only want him if it doesn't compromise their draft position but they're so quick to say the Suns should give up their best and most highly paid player for nothing.

Hypocrites the lot of them.

Who the f*** would rather Stringer, filthy c*** that he is, over Ablett?

This is hilarious. We aren’t the ones who went after Ablett, HE wanted to return, so now we are in the process of working through a trade that won’t completely stuff us in the future.

He’s 34, played 30-40 odd games in last 4 years, we aren’t going to be giving up pick 19 2018 first round and Duncan like everyone here thinks we should ffs.

There is a great deal of posturing from some on this thread, many of which are using this tragedy to push a self serving agenda and point fingers at the Suns as uncaring and in some cases even responsible.
I have no intention of replying to these trolls. I am only posting to point out that since the tragedy no Suns posters have reacted or even posted in this thread, a sign of respect for the family at this time.

Turn it up idiot, we aren't talking about 2014 here champ.
He's 34 next year and barely played half the games available in the last 3 years.
The fact he won the B&F is an indictment on the Suns, says very little about Ablett himself.
Your sense of saltiness knows no bounds.

Salty because we smashed you in the PF?

This is hilarious. We aren’t the ones who went after Ablett, HE wanted to return, so now we are in the process of working through a trade that won’t completely stuff us in the future.

He’s 34, played 30-40 odd games in last 4 years, we aren’t going to be giving up pick 19 2018 first round and Duncan like everyone here thinks we should ffs.

And Gibbs approached us with constantly gets forgotten by everyone in Victoria....

Ablett is a C63 black with a worn steering rack and a coolant leak.
There's also a hint of a top end knock.
Might be able to patch it up and get 50 thousand kms of pure joy out of it, or it could all fall in a heap and you can't even pass it off to a dodgy second hand chop shop.

And won a BNF this year playing 14 games....

The "Ablett is old broken down" routine is getting kinda old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back