Remove this Banner Ad

BIGBEZ

Norm Smith Medallist
May 22, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Bloods!
After yet another awesome display today and our season being shot, I need something positive to read, how good is this bloke and is he a chance?

How GOOD is GOODESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

god he get's a special little cheer everytime he touches the ball.

Has their even been a quadruple brownlow medallist? He'll wrap up another as a forward to go with his 2003, 2006, 2009.

He was pulling votes out from everywhere last year and his form recently has been just as good so you never know, though we probably haven't won enough games!

You'd have to say if we go anywhere near the top 6 in the next few years the odds are pretty high he'll win a third one given his tendency to get lots of votes!

huge chance

he's been our BOG for the last few weeks, and before ROK moved to midfield he was almost BOG every week

but tbh i really don't want him to win a 3rd brownlow.... as it just tarnishes the medal and goodes's own reputation.... as he wouldn't be the most deserving triple brownlow medallist

huge chance

he's been our BOG for the last few weeks, and before ROK moved to midfield he was almost BOG every week

but tbh i really don't want him to win a 3rd brownlow.... as it just tarnishes the medal and goodes's own reputation.... as he wouldn't be the most deserving triple brownlow medallist

theres been way less deserving brownlow medalists than Goodes..

God i hope he does get it. Can you imagine the chaos on the main board, with those who do not know (from bedders) going red on how he should never have won one. Absolute star and if he can win his 3rd he will no doubt go down as one of the most damaging and exciting players to have played the game. Those who do not rate the man can continue to do so at their own peril as over the next 3 or 4 years he will continue to dominate the game from CHF.

his form warrants votes so it'd be great if he wins, but its hard to see it happening when he's in a team with only 8(hopefully 9) wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know i am getting way ahead of myself but bugger it im gonna ask it anyway. He will be a Swans HOFer and an AFL HOFer, but will he be elevated to Swans legend status? If he doesnt win a 3rd Charlie i still think he will be worthy by the end of his career (3 or so years more of great footy) of being placed up there with the greatest of our club in Pratt, Skilton and Kel.

Thoughts?

huge chance

A way better player than the dress wearer in Ian Stewart

I know i am getting way ahead of myself but bugger it im gonna ask it anyway. He will be a Swans HOFer and an AFL HOFer, but will he be elevated to Swans legend status? If he doesnt win a 3rd Charlie i still think he will be worthy by the end of his career (3 or so years more of great footy) of being placed up there with the greatest of our club in Pratt, Skilton and Kel.

Thoughts?

When he retires he'll be very likely to be a:

- AA player
- Swans co-Captain
- Premiership player
- 300 gamer
- Swans Games Record Holder
- Dual/Triple Brownlow Medalist
- Leading Swans Goalkicker (2009, ...?)

I love and respect MOL, Kelly, Lockett, Skilton etc. But geeze, those accolades make Goodes something beyond even them.

Massive, massive chance. Should be near the lead at the half way point and with the St Kilda guns and Swan slowing towards the end of the season he would have made some ground but not sure if it's enough.
About 10 in serious contention imo. Goodes, Swan, Judd, Ablett, Selwood, Hayes, Montagna, Dal Santo, Boyd, and Black.

It would be good to see dual or triple medalists because the 2003 count was good to watch. I'd like to see Hayes and Goodes as dual winners. I can see Swan winning though.

I think it's safe to say that if Goodes wins a third Brownlow, he'll be the worst triple-Brownlow medallist ever....
I dunno. I'm not sure if Bedford was being sarcastic but my grandfather never thought much of Ian Stewart either. If Goodes does win a third, it will be deserved and and will send the BF hate to a new level. I can't wait. :D:thumbsu:

I think it's safe to say that if Goodes wins a third Brownlow, he'll be the worst triple-Brownlow medallist ever....

He's been our only elite player for quite some time, I think it's fair to say he deserves it.

Your kiddin arent ya?

Like bedford says, Stewart wasnt even the saints best player.

Ill tell a little story about Baldock, my grandad(ex South player) lived on the property next door to the Docs back in Devenport, The Doc used to run through the streets of Devenport bouncing two footballs at the same time, one in each hand, he played a key position on players twice his size and dominated, baaah in internet terms, Baldock>Stewart

He's been our only elite player for quite some time, I think it's fair to say he deserves it.

No i wasn't being sarcastic, at that time Darrel Baldock was clearly a better player than Stewart. Bloodstainedangel has just taken this board to a new level of, sorry i better not say.

Guys, seriously, I was poking fun at the fact that so few people have won 3 Brownlow medals. It was an ironic statement, I wasn't saying he didn't deserve it at all. Goodes would be in absolute elite and highly exclusive company. One of them has to be the worst! :eek:

Also, I wasn't aware Stewart had won 3 Brownlows (honestly I didn't even know who he was!). Thought it was only Skilts, Bunton and Reynolds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back