Mod. Notice 'Adelaide Posters Only' option - do you want it?

Would you like to see the Adelaide board include an 'Adelaide Posters Only' concept?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

On what team board would you expect to see a thread such as "What do we need to do to reign supreme in SA?"

You have one guess only! ;)

On what team board would you expect to see a thread such as "What do we need to do to reign supreme in SA?"

You have one guess only! ;)

Answer: Get rid of the supporterbase, which is Ports biggest liability in its quest for world domination.

BTW the AFC supproterbase is the AFC's biggest asset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what would you call regressing, which is what the marshmallow thread request is?

Tbh I couldn't give a toss which is why I haven't voted. But its pretty interesting to observe the dynamic whereby some posters who have been registered users of bigfooty.com longer than others have become comfortable with the way they remember things and want to keep it that way.

Some pretty sanctimonious posturing culminating in notions like "see how us hardcore oldskool posters think and vote da same", with the pompous implication that posters of different opinion or shorter registration period are somehow on the outer. Them and us. An intriguing internalisation of what this whole debate is about. Oh the ironing.

Theres also been some pretty OTT emotive scribing. The heart rending stories about multiculturalism are particularly hilarious.

Its a footy forum guys. Who gives a toss if the odd thread is for Adelaide posters if thats what a bunch of posters want? If you don't like it, don't read or post in that thread. I would've thought that would be a perfectly reasonable approach, but that was before it became clear a way of life was at stake.

Anyway, thats all I care to say on the matter. Its just interesting to observe how groups react when their long held status quo comes under question. Play on.

So what would you call regressing, which is what the marshmallow thread request is?
Superiority king has spoken.. I'm really not fussed about if it happens or not but many are missing the point.. It's not about people hiding away in some thread, some are sick of every conversation between Crows supporters being hijacked by Port posters.. You can't bring up one thing about them without them storming in fighting it, trying to justify it, whatever..

Sometimes, no one really gives a * what they think or what 2 cents they want to put in.. People just want to have a casual conversation, not every thread has to be some big serious debate and so on.. And if some want to have a joke about them without them coming in starting fights about it, so be it.. People will still know and expect that they will be in other threads.. This is the Adelaide board and many don't like them, just like they don't like us.. They are a passionate rival of ours..

What's funny is some actually thinking that Port posters come here to have a nice chat etc, a tiny number do.. They think so low and disrespectfully of the AFC yet we are meant to embrace them, pfft..

Righto folks - I know I originally said I wanted to let this run its course (another week almost) - but I think we're fairly clear on the boards collective set of opinions now.

We've reached a decision, just need to prepare a 'media release' for you on what that is.

Will post back outcomes here once we've done that (will probably take today and tomorrow depending on when all 3 mods finding time to 'talk' a bit more).

Superiority king has spoken.. I'm really not fussed about if it happens or not but many are missing the point.. It's not about people hiding away in some thread, some are sick of every conversation between Crows supporters being hijacked by Port posters.. You can't bring up one thing about them without them storming in fighting it, trying to justify it, whatever..

Sometimes, no one really gives a **** what they think or what 2 cents they want to put in.. People just want to have a casual conversation, not every thread has to be some big serious debate and so on.. And if some want to have a joke about them without them coming in starting fights about it, so be it.. People will still know and expect that they will be in other threads.. This is the Adelaide board and many don't like them, just like they don't like us.. They are a passionate rival of ours..

What's funny is some actually thinking that Port posters come here to have a nice chat etc, a tiny number do.. They think so low and disrespectfully of the AFC yet we are meant to embrace them, pfft..
You're not meant to 'embrace them'.

You have options.
Engage in discussion/banter
Report if they are out of line
Ignore them

No one's asking you to like them. I'm just not censoring the world for you when you have options to do that yourself.

You have options.
Ignore them

No one's asking you to like them. I'm just not censoring the world for you when you have options to do that yourself.
I understand that but it doesn't help the moment at which the conversations get turned to muck..
And I know you guys can't be here to moderate all the time..

Ok maybe not embrace, maybe accept their mud slinging and thread derailing that they get enjoyment out of..

You have options.
Ignore them

No one's asking you to like them. I'm just not censoring the world for you when you have options to do that yourself.[/QUOTE

You have options.
Ignore them

There's a big difference between us and other boards though. Other boards don't have to regularly deal with Port supporters. Apart from 3 exceptions, your average port supporter is the lowest common denominator of the bigfooty afl supporter.

You guys might want to play Mr Politically Correct but i refuse to rollover and let them tickle my tummy. If they keep trolling then this board will change from a board of interesting discussion to a free for all - so be it.

I like the idea of just ignoring the multitude of obvious or subtle Port trolls. Even better though,why don't our mods implement a Port Power Troll of the Month award.

Back