Adelaide sacks Burton and Camporeale, Chapman and Ricciuto survive

Remove this Banner Ad

When he removed Trigg we thought all was good, but instead he went back and handpicked his mates to go in key positions, and hired a CEO who knows nothing about AFL.

Dunstall and Pav work with him so there was no way he was going. But he cannot be in a senior position if we want to get close to a full recovery.
This is it, he, Fagan and Reid were responsible for this, they can't just sack the little guys.

No issues with the two being sacked, but that shouldn't be it.

One thing, Chapman is actually on the way out. His succession plan has started.

We just don’t know who’s replacing him, but this season coming is his last.
They can't just put it on him though.

The incoming coach is a dead man walking if they don't fully start over imo.

As head of football, he was ultimately responsible for the infamous camp that players are now revealing "divided" the playing group.

On top of that, it was reported that not only was he responsible by merely being head of football, he actually contacted Collective Mind specifically to run the camp, having tried to work with them during his time at Brisbane.

Prior to that, he joined the club from Brisbane in a fitness role, having overseen a shocking run of injuries at Brisbane, which he then brought to Adelaide which we later had to fix by hiring Steve Saunders
Clubs fall in love with favourite sons. Add Riccuto who's pretty stubborn and fiercely loyal I think he stood by him way too long. Whoever appointed him needs to be questioned as well. I'm sure every Brisbane fan was celebrating him leaving
His fitness programs included overdoing weighted hamstring exersizes. He ruined the Lions and ruined us last year injury wise.

Burton is a cancer in any football department, his tenure at Brisbane was by far the worst we ever had with injuries.

Greg Swann was worth hiring just for canning Burton's arse.

Sidenote: Did Matthew Hass somehow survive?

Last edited:
Burton is a cancer in any football department, his tenure at Brisbane was by far the worst we ever had with injuries.

Greg Swann was worth hiring just for canning Burton's arse.

Sidenote: Had Matthew Hass somehow survived?
Mooted changes to high performance as well.

I'm still filthy we lost Poulos and Bode bringing Burton back.

Adelaide can start to heal now as a club. Will still take 2 or 3 years though before players are willing to trust them enough to be traded in to the club. I'd be retiring Tex as well, just to get rid of all the rot. I've always seen it as Burton, Pyke, Camporeale and Walker, as those that led the push and endorsed it after the fact. Chapman is highly complicit too, but it's always hard to sack a chairman of the board, given their position.

Excited though now to see how a young team of Milera, Jones, Fogarty, O'Brien, Himmelberg etc. can change the direction of the club. Sloane hopefully becomes captain, and they can just have a year to pay freely and not worry about all the drama and W/L ratio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aside from being at the club for nearly 10 years which is far too long to hold one position, he was incapable of implementing decent midfield structures; turned hard nut junior players into soft, lazy, unaccountable one way runners; refused to think about any defensive elements of the game like proper tackling, defensive running, tagging; and was thought to be a chief instigator of stagnant, ultra-conservative selections
Nailed it succinctly as can be !!!

Adelaide can start to heal now as a club. Will still take 2 or 3 years though before players are willing to trust them enough to be traded in to the club. I'd be retiring Tex as well, just to get rid of all the rot. I've always seen it as Burton, Pyke, Camporeale and Walker, as those that led the push and endorsed it after the fact. Chapman is highly complicit too, but it's always hard to sack a chairman of the board, given their position.

Excited though now to see how a young team of Milera, Jones, Fogarty, O'Brien, Himmelberg etc. can change the direction of the club. Sloane hopefully becomes captain, and they can just have a year to pay freely and not worry about all the drama and W/L ratio.
Not sure I agree about Walker. He was our highest goal scorer this season. At least he's stepped down from the captaincy. That at least takes away his gold pass if his form turns putrid.

Sounds pretty camp.
giphy.gif

;)

Last edited:
Roo's record is a mixed bag. He sacked Sando which was the right move and the initial appointments of Walsh & Teague were good. Subsequent appointments of Burton and Hass have been a disaster though.

Not sure I agree about Walker. He was our highest goal scorer this season. At least he's stepped down from the captaincy. That at least takes away his gold pass if his form turns putrid.

Mmm, I was more thinking about his support towards these culturally damning decisions. He didn't seem to care or acknowledge the damage it had done. Not sure I'd want a bloke like that around the club; no matter how many goals he kicks

Which leaves Tradies and small business owners..... the campaigners that actually get s**t done.

So the ones who like to rip everyone off and produce sub-par finishes and the ones statistically likely to fail. Yeah cool man.

Funny how everyone sticks the boot in and acts like their club is perfect yet there isnt a single club that hasn't gone through some sort of s**t.

Please explain how you can sack a board member

This should be interesting

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back