AFL 2018 R12: Geelong v North Melbourne: 1:45PM AEST GMHBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats cats, beat us convincingly.

Played us hard and ran us off our feet, theres zero left in the tank, ran all over us in the final quarter once we'd been worn down.

The boys will be glad that the bye is coming up.

Congrats cats, beat us convincingly.

Played us hard and ran us off our feet, theres zero left in the tank, ran all over us in the final quarter once we'd been worn down.

The boys will be glad that the bye is coming up.
You guys will play finals IMO.

Best of luck.

Were tipped for the spoon by all and sundry, i think that its a bit harsh to call us pretenders given nobody thought we would even win a game
Well not pretenders in that sense then. Pretenders in that you aren’t any threat this year. Game was a fizzer , and Geelong never looked like losing imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The major form of insanity is some one who even though it fails does the same thing over and over. I just watched Geelong kick 3 points and North kicked the ball out to the same flank and wing , 3 times each time it came back another point , until the last one , which came back very quickly straight into Big Toms hands and a goal, which has killed off North, while sitting at this desk I'm hearing that Geelong have kicked a couple more???

What is it with every team in the competition, will kick out from a behind to way out on the boundary.
To me it is not advantageous, and they all have to compete for it, yet it is a reason why packs and piles of players wind up wrestling up the boundary , its horrible to watch.
So why not have the courage to have a decent go up the middle.
They are definitely too frightened and it almost appears like the instruction from boring coaches is "never kick down the middle." well if no one ever tries we will get this boundary bullshit which is another horrible look in the game.

The other question I 'd ask of you experts out there, if you compared the goals of Gary Ablett senior to Gary Ablett junior , I 'd love to know the stats as to which one , Dad or Son , kicked more goals from free kicks. I'd bet young Gazza would be double the frees.

I came back into have a look at the game and about 6 minutes away from half time, and out on the wing is a pack and Ablett is in the mix the umpire dancing up to the pack, Ablett on the bottom of the pack hasn't moved the ball, and I thought ball up, but no, young Gazza again gets a free, I don't know what for the umpire will know, even though no one else does.
But Gaz gets so many free kicks its like umpires just assume he's been infringed any time. But he was caught and trapped under the pack how does a bloody umpire pick a free out of that?
Having said all that Geelong definitely much better, more skilled in close and North just looked insipid.

But weirdly Richmond looked off the boil too, last night.

Definitely not watching much real football watching these games now. Goal kicking is terrible too. From mostr players , not all but this year I reckon most.

If you can precision kick around the ground how come they lose their bottle, when it comes to straight on goal kicking.

Is it because they aren't real footballers? Some of them.

We were putrid and they still couldn't put us away until the last quarter.

if we make finals, I want to draw them.
All that kept the Roos in it was the 35-15 free kick count. Won't get that come finals time. Geelong showed today that North can't cope with pressure so keep your fingers crossed.

Gary Lyon is clueless - what does he add?
My comment was regarding Roberts: "May I have this dance, waltzes straight past him", tried for clever word play but misses the mark.

But I agree 100%, Lyon is pathetic, and it's a joke he's held in such esteem in the media as he is given what happened over the last year or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back