Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 1 - Pies v Dogs Fri March 19th 7:50pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty ordinary game if I'm being honest.

Dogs midfield was pretty dominant but they really need to clean up when going forward. Yes the Pies did defend really well but I think they butchered quite a few opportunities as well, some of their decision making going forward needs work. Bruce in particular looks really short of confidence.

Without Moore Pies lose by 7-8 goals, I think. I think their strategy was OK but like the Dogs they butchered a number of opportunites going forward. Still they didn't look great and no real changes from last year.

Macrae - 35 disposals
Smith - 35
Hunter - 31
Dunkley - 30
Bont - 29
Libba - 28
Daniel - 27
Williams - 27
Lipinski - 26

Pendlebury was Collingwood's highest with 25 disposals.

All for 69 points and a 16 point win. Dogs need more from their forwards.

Classy touch when the Pies fans cheered Adz. Brought a tear to his dads eye by the looks. And his ex team mates classy too at the end. Nice.

Stef and English paired up well, worked Grundy over, that was a nice change for us. Bazlenka was everywhere, Josh Bruce still needs to kick, our midfield makes up for weaknesses at both ends.

Good to see neither coach "activate" the sub.

Dogs were very good and if it wasn't for the Pies defence it would have been close to a 10 goal margin. It's too bad for them that everyone forward of halfback couldn't hit the side of a barn door most of the time and when they did they'd drop chest marks. I really enjoyed the first half but the second half was definitely of lower quality as Collingwood kept *ign up and the Dogs were playing tempo footy when they could.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doggies were definitely the better team in the first half, was about even from then onwards though.

Collingwood's forward line is hugely lacking, Their defenders carried them pretty heavily.

I hate Collingwood as much as anyone but umpires 100% ****ed them quite a bit, Still the better team won in the end probably.
Pay back for the amazingly biased umpiring on Anzac day in 2019 :think:

Last edited:
That margin flattered them. We are a far better team than Collingwood and the margin would reflect that if we had a competent coach who understood forward structure.

Both teams with a non-existent forward line.

Dogs should've won that by 6-7 goals.

I wish Treloar well. I was a pretty harsh critic of him as a player, but from all accounts he's a top bloke, and it was bullshit the way we treated him and Stepho. Our whole salary cap situation is/was an embarrassing sh*tshow of epic proportions.

Honestly, I'd say us not finishing bottom 6 would be a win. We suck. Big time.

Both teams with a non-existent forward line.

Dogs should've won that by 6-7 goals.

I wish Treloar well. I was a pretty harsh critic of him as a player, but from all accounts he's a top bloke, and it was bullshit the way we treated him and Stepho. Our whole salary cap situation is/was an embarrassing sh*tshow of epic proportions.

Honestly, I'd say us not finishing bottom 6 would be a win. We suck. Big time.

Love the avatar mate currently wearing a Razor Ramon t-shirt

Margin flattered them.

If we had a competent coach who knew what forward structure was, the margin would reflect the true difference.

Bontempelli had a terrible game, but there was still daylight between the midfields.

Back