Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 12 Dreamtime - Essendon v Richmond Sat June 5th 7:40pm EST/5:40pm WST (Optus Stadium) Tigercast And Bombers Podcast Links in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Once again Tipper & Stringer have zero effect against the Tigers. Both let their team down tonight and need to do more when it counts.

Tippa was on one leg most of the night, Stringer was no doubt quiet but probably a flow on effect from Tippa not being able to apply the front half pressure he normally would which was already lacking with Snelling and Smith not in the side.

your not supposed to compliment anything. Just don’t act like a campaigner I suppose?

what Essendon supporter was banging their chests? We have literally the most inexperienced sides in the Comp. do you think because we won 3 in a row we thought we would win the GF or something?

Anyone who watched the game knows it wasn’t a proper 40 point defeat. We down rotations and our fitness is obviously not where it should be with a young team.

you are a massive flog and frankly embarrassing to your supporter base.

Id get offended but If 'Hirds The Word' is saying it, I could hardly bat an eye lid.

Out of all supporter bases, the Essendon ones are by far the biggest sooks I've ever seen. The sheer quantity of umpire complaining was hilarious

Id get offended but If 'Hirds The Word' is saying it, I could hardly bat an eye lid.

Out of all supporter bases, the Essendon ones are by far the biggest sooks I've ever seen. The sheer quantity of umpire complaining was hilarious

I didn’t say anything about umps

Pretty sure this won’t happen, but I would support taking the Dreamtime game to another city say every 3-4 years or so to let that regions Indigenous community make a significant contribution to a magnificent showcase. Perth this year then maybe Adelaide, Sydney or Brisbane in 2024 etc.
I have thought similarly. Have to have a game in Alice Springs at some point too.

We went down to Richmond. Many had us tipped as the Wooden Spooner this year.
If you check the poll on this thread,

34 of 73 people tipped you to win.

Probably your own delusional supporters. What Richmond did was mean though, let you get in front then pile on 7 goals in 15 minutes lol - trying to give each indigenous player on the field a goal

Much of it coming from neutral fans bemoaning the impact of some poor umpiring in favour of a side that doesn't need such an advantage to win

If you check the poll on this thread,

34 of 73 people tipped you to win.

Probably your own delusional supporters. What Richmond did was mean though, let you get in front then pile on 7 goals in 15 minutes lol - trying to give each indigenous player on the field a goal
If you check our prematch thread you'll see most people saying the tigers would win

Gotta say - it looked like the Tiges got the rub of the green with the umps last night - as we did the week prior. Mind you there were some strange decisions that went both ways. First half a lot went richmonds way but the umps must have decided to even this up a little in the second half.

There seems to have been a massive shift in the way games are umpired from 2 weeks ago when they were paying some very soft frees, they now need to be blatant before they are paid. I like it. This is a good thing for the Tigers because of the way they play - on the edge and run and gun as much as possible.

Umpiring has so much more influence in AFL than any other sport so I think the less the umps are involved the better.

PS - does anyone understand the HTB rule?? The incorrect disposal and 'knocked free in the tackle' is so grey.

Pretty sure this won’t happen, but I would support taking the Dreamtime game to another city say every 3-4 years or so to let that regions Indigenous community make a significant contribution to a magnificent showcase. Perth this year then maybe Adelaide, Sydney or Brisbane in 2024 etc.
I was thinking the same. Would be fantastic even every second year and then give both teams the bye the week after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd go one further and have different teams playing every year if it was up to me. Essendon already have one marquee game in Anzac Day, and Richmond have the season opener with Carlton.

I'd go one further and have different teams playing every year if it was up to me. Essendon already have one marquee game in Anzac Day, and Richmond have the season opener with Carlton.
There's a huge difference between ANZAC day and Dreamtime. There's always been an ANZAC day game. Then Essendon and Collingwood decided to market it for themselves. Clever. Dreamtime came about before there was an indigenous round and Kevin Sheedy saw that both teams he'd been involved with shared the colours of the Indigenous Flag. No other two teams do that. So we took that idea and developed it. Brilliant. Why should other teams now take the game away from us? Why don't they come up with their own ideas and marquee games? Nothing is stopping them.

Gotta say - it looked like the Tiges got the rub of the green with the umps last night - as we did the week prior. Mind you there were some strange decisions that went both ways. First half a lot went richmonds way but the umps must have decided to even this up a little in the second half.

There seems to have been a massive shift in the way games are umpired from 2 weeks ago when they were paying some very soft frees, they now need to be blatant before they are paid. I like it. This is a good thing for the Tigers because of the way they play - on the edge and run and gun as much as possible.

Umpiring has so much more influence in AFL than any other sport so I think the less the umps are involved the better.

PS - does anyone understand the HTB rule?? The incorrect disposal and 'knocked free in the tackle' is so grey.
‘Tried to get rid of it’ shouldn’t be a consideration for HTB. What you try to do means nothing, it’s what you actually do that matters. If you have prior you need to dispose of it correctly, if you don’t have prior you don’t need to.
That would mean a) if you have no prior, the ball falls free somehow and it’s not via a kick or handball, it’s holding the ball, and b) if you have no prior, and get tackled into the ground, you don’t have to do the stupid fake handball attempts to convince the umpire you’re trying

‘Tried to get rid of it’ shouldn’t be a consideration for HTB. What you try to do means nothing, it’s what you actually do that matters. If you have prior you need to dispose of it correctly, if you don’t have prior you don’t need to.
That would mean a) if you have no prior, the ball falls free somehow and it’s not via a kick or handball, it’s holding the ball, and b) if you have no prior, and get tackled into the ground, you don’t have to do the stupid fake handball attempts to convince the umpire you’re trying
Itd be interesting to see what would happen if you got rid of the illegal disposal rule (in a tackle) altogether - which is not too far removed from how its interpreted now anyway and then remove the prior interp as well So if you're caught holding the ball and dont get rid of it - you're gone - black and white. Get rid of the grey

Agree the HTB needs an overhaul ....

A genuine attempt with no prior still needs to be in the rule or Geelong will just throw it even more

Back