Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 17 - Port v Demons Thurs July 8th 7:40pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne look the most complete team in it for me. Just have every area of the ground covered.No real weaknesses.

I don't get oppo coaches decisions to tag Oliver. He's definitely gettable as a tag option, but if Petraccas getting 30 and 3, the Dees are winning everytime. I'd rather put some effort into slowing Petracca a bit.

Geez, how much of a victim complex do you guys have? The replay showed Rozee cop a knock to the head, and then your best player came in and pushed him over, while he wasn't looking, like a soft****. It's not Rozee's fault your team is full of morons.
Hi, going by your username, how long and what times are you allowed to use the internet?

I don't get oppo coaches decisions to tag Oliver. He's definitely gettable as a tag option, but if Petraccas getting 30 and 3, the Dees are winning everytime. I'd rather put some effort into slowing Petracca a bit.

Although Petracca is clearly the better goal kicker and has better burst speed and strength, and a Oliver is clearly better by hand and in close, each is not poor at the other’s strengths (Oliver’s set shot goal finishing is poor however).

So if you effectively tag one, the other can adjust to compensate to a degree.

Oliver has consistently used his pace and kicking this year, it was always there but he shelved it for whatever reason. Petracca’s better fitness carrying forward from last year is the other big difference. It’s a different sort of midfield depth in that it’s the same players, but their gamestyle options are deeper than they used to be.

Viney on the other hand is pretty much one game style only, similarly Harmes, so while that’s depth from a number of players perspective it’s not depth within the one player. Jordon also provides depth in one player as he can be inside or outside depending on what’s required.

Oliver is definitely more tag-able as de Boer showed earlier in the year. Petracca is so strong he’s hard to nullify, but I agree that if you could nullify one as a coach it would be Petracca as he is much more damaging much more often when he’s on.

Wines wasn’t able to have his normal influence because Viney was sweating on him whenever he got it.

We are a better midfield when Viney and Harmes realise they are not Petracca or Oliver, and really bring the pressure and defensive and negating mindset imo. Sometimes they try to do too much.

Wines wasn’t able to have his normal influence because Viney was sweating on him whenever he got it.

We are a better midfield when Viney and Harmes realise they are not Petracca or Oliver, and really bring the pressure and defensive and negating mindset imo. Sometimes they try to do too much.

Good point. Harmes and Viney are your midfield A grade foot soldiers that can be reliable on doing their job without the expectations doing the fancy stuff.

If Melbourne continues to be relatively injury free they'll be hard to beat. Its very very hard to get through as injury free as they have been. If any of May/Lever/Petracca/Oliver/Gawn go down they'll be a different team.

Not convinced yet, Port made tonight far too easy for them. If we get some of our injured guns back, play smart and they still beat us again I'll be more convinced. That game now to decide the top 2. If we manage to beat Sydney which Im not confident about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, how much of a victim complex do you guys have? The replay showed Rozee cop a knock to the head, and then your best player came in and pushed him over, while he wasn't looking, like a soft****. It's not Rozee's fault your team is full of morons.
Connor Rozee is a peaheart

50 posts in your history flog boy, whinging about people coming onto the Port board and trolling.
have a look ********, this is the gameday/autopsy board.

hahaha, what a numpty

Sure bud, its not at all sad that you Richmond supporters are going full toys out the pram and rocking up to gameday threads potting everyone in sight now that you are cucked. Not sad at all.

Massive loss for the Port Power football club tonight. Probably takes them out of top 4 and premiership contention.

Real choke tonight
Melbourne supporters gloating in this thread is fair cop. But jeeeeesus Christ maybe worry about your own club?

just another soft utensil troll

You saying it doesn't make it true. Go stink up some other thread. Richmond supporters are like the us, just butt in where they are not wanted, think everything revolves around them and throw the toys out the cot when things don't go their way. Just a bunch of sad pathetic people that think supporting a sports team elevates them above other people.

You saying it doesn't make it true. Go stink up some other thread. Richmond supporters are like the us, just butt in where they are not wanted, think everything revolves around them and throw the toys out the cot when things don't go their way. Just a bunch of sad pathetic people that think supporting a sports team elevates them above other people.
You mean it doesn't?

Hi, going by your username, how long and what times are you allowed to use the internet?

You booed a guy all game for being hit in the head. I know your idol is king hit clarko. I'm sure we're the same 30-40 year Olds no matter how much you tell yourself you're any better.

You booed a guy all game for being hit in the head. I know your idol is king hit clarko. I'm sure we're the same 30-40 year Olds no matter how much you tell yourself you're any better.
That's a bit of a stretch, just not nearly as long as the one your doing.

That's a bit of a stretch, just not nearly as long as the one your doing.

What's a stretch? The fact that Rozee got hit in the head for a clear free that your crowd thought he invented, then one of your senior players pushed him over when he wasn't looking, then he was hit high again all in the space of about 2 minutes and you booed Rozee for the rest of the game instead of your moron players. Or is it Clarko, the guy who savagely king hit a player from behind in an exhibition match, who attacked fans, who was banned from junior football. There is plenty of a-holes in this story. I'll give you a hint on which person isn't, it rhymes with Mosey.

wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh:joycat::joycat::joycat::joycat::joycat:

Back