Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 12 - Hawks v Pies Sun June 5th 2:10pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Pies by a goal or less

• Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm neither, i'm trying to explain to you how coaches would see it + how they voted.
I’ve been following the AFL my whole life so am fairly familiar with it all.

I’d just like some Hawkers to open the second eye on this one - coaches rated Daicos’s game higher than Newcombe’s as per coaches votes.

I’ve been following the AFL my whole life so am fairly familiar with it all.

I’d just like some Hawkers to open the second eye on this one - coaches rated Daicos’s game higher than Newcombe’s as per coaches votes.
You're not understanding it tho, coaches rarely go perfect in agreement (5-5, 4-4, 3-3, 2-2, 1-1) bar Lipinski getting 1.

I thought Cameron was clearly BOG so having Fly give Daicos 5 made little sense.

They were both as good as each other and were good at different things. It's really incomparable. If Newcombe wins it probably goes the other way.

You're not understanding it tho, coaches rarely go perfect in agreement (5-5, 4-4, 3-3, 2-2, 1-1) bar Lipinski getting 1.

I thought Cameron was clearly BOG so having Fly give Daicos 5 made little sense.

They were both as good as each other and were good at different things. It's really incomparable. If Newcombe wins it probably goes the other way.
If this helps you sleep better at night, good.

All I know, and what you won’t acknowledge because you’re one eyed, is that the coaches quantitatively (8 votes to 5) and qualitatively (Daicos - 5 & 3, Newcombe - 3 & 2) said Daicos had a better, more impactful game.

Let’s leave it at that.

What makes one an expert analyst?
If this helps you sleep better at night, good.

All I know, and what you won’t acknowledge because you’re one eyed, is that the coaches quantitatively (8 votes to 5) and qualitatively (Daicos - 5 & 3, Newcombe - 3 & 2) said Daicos had a better, more impactful game.

Let’s leave it at that.

Which has no bearing on who’s a better player.

Glad the AFL have come out and admitted they missed 3 obvious frees for Ginnivan. Human error is to be expected as long as they admit the mistakes they make we just have to live with it.

McRae needs to learn the "Never complain, Never explain" motto. His whining in the media over the floppers free kicks will hurt the team. I'd like to say it is something he'll learn with more experience as a coach, but Clarko never seemed to catch on either. We got royally screwed by the umpires for weeks after each of Clarko's tantrums, even when the AFL agreed with him - possibly ESPECIALLY when they agreed with him. Those *ers don't like having their faces rubbed in it.

The flopper might get a few more soft frees in front of goal via his knee buckling and head ducks, but the umpires will find other ways to punish the very public whinge fest (especially the "Umpires privately admit" stuff). Poppy was constantly illegally held in the last couple of years of his career because defenders had worked out you needed to punch him in the face before the umpires would deem him worthy of a free kick due to having got a reputation for milking too many cheap ones. Still got paid highs from time to time, but otherwise got absolutely nothing. Probably what Ginnivan has to look forward to now too.

McRae needs to learn the "Never complain, Never explain" motto. His whining in the media over the floppers free kicks will hurt the team. I'd like to say it is something he'll learn with more experience as a coach, but Clarko never seemed to catch on either. We got royally screwed by the umpires for weeks after each of Clarko's tantrums, even when the AFL agreed with him - possibly ESPECIALLY when they agreed with him. Those duckers don't like having their faces rubbed in it.

The flopper might get a few more soft frees in front of goal via his knee buckling and head ducks, but the umpires will find other ways to punish the very public whinge fest (especially the "Umpires privately admit" stuff). Poppy was constantly illegally held in the last couple of years of his career because defenders had worked out you needed to punch him in the face before the umpires would deem him worthy of a free kick due to having got a reputation for milking too many cheap ones. Still got paid highs from time to time, but otherwise got absolutely nothing. Probably what Ginnivan has to look forward to now too.

Its Collingwood though. The fact McRae made a private conversation public tells you everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McRae needs to learn the "Never complain, Never explain" motto. His whining in the media over the floppers free kicks will hurt the team. I'd like to say it is something he'll learn with more experience as a coach, but Clarko never seemed to catch on either. We got royally screwed by the umpires for weeks after each of Clarko's tantrums, even when the AFL agreed with him - possibly ESPECIALLY when they agreed with him. Those duckers don't like having their faces rubbed in it.

Can't recall Fly complaining personally. I can recall however him being asked in a presser whether he would seek clarity around the issue and he answered said question

Can't recall Fly complaining personally. I can recall however him being asked in a presser whether he would seek clarity around the issue and he answered said question

Lol. Everyone that regularly watches pressers knows that "seeking clarity" is code for "complaining".

According to the AFL site:
"COLLINGWOOD coach Craig McRae says the AFL has privately conceded umpires missed multiple free kicks that should have been paid to livewire forward Jack Ginnivan on Sunday."

Now that's not directly quoting him, and after the presser, it was Graham Wright who followed up with the "complaining", but making public statements about private conversions seems like a good way to get the umpires off-side. Good luck winning the free kick count again this weekend.

Back