Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 14 - Tigers v Blues Thurs June 16th 7:20pm (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Carlton by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Carlton by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Carlton by a lot

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

weitering - best defender and our vice captain
pittonet - only true ruck option
marchbank - looked 1000x better with him playing last week
cerra - starting 22 midfielder
williams - starting 22 defender
mcgovern - looked 2000x better when he played earlier in year and was close to BOG rd 1 vs. tiges

cunningham - was best 22 last year and would be this year, but hasn't played all year so can't count him
o mcdonald - best 22 at start of year but only played 1 game, so can't count him
ed curnow - likely finished but decent depth if required
williamson - showed promise early and played plenty of seniors, but handy depth but off for mental health reasons
parks - played seniors last year, fringe this year.

so 6 bona-fide best 22 and mostly key players, followed by 5 depth/fringe players.

in case anyone wanted a true understanding of the injury list.

weitering - best defender and our vice captain
pittonet - only true ruck option
marchbank - looked 1000x better with him playing last week
cerra - starting 22 midfielder
williams - starting 22 defender
mcgovern - looked 2000x better when he played earlier in year and was close to BOG rd 1 vs. tiges

cunningham - was best 22 last year and would be this year, but hasn't played all year so can't count him
o mcdonald - best 22 at start of year but only played 1 game, so can't count him
ed curnow - likely finished but decent depth if required
williamson - showed promise early and played plenty of seniors, but handy depth but off for mental health reasons
parks - played seniors last year, fringe this year.

so 6 bona-fide best 22 and mostly key players, followed by 5 depth/fringe players.

in case anyone wanted a true understanding of the injury list.
Dusty missing so call it even.

Richmond are very aggressive and infringe way more than any other team, but last night they only got called for frees against probably 1 every 3 times they should have
Sure my whiny little friend.
It's a point you feel the need to make several times in every Richmond game day thread, which seems to contradict your incessant and tiresome complaining that the umpires outrageously favour Richmond every game day. But you've never let reason, or logic get in the way of a good whinge :thumbsu:

Also please don't forget to mention how teams suddenly and magically become more disciplined when they play Richmond, so give away less frees.

I guess it's a change from your usual schtick about Victorians not doing enough to gift West Coast the success for which you feel they are entitled.

Richmond were missing commensurate quality players round 1 including IIRC triple premiership champions Vlastuin, Lambert and MacIntosh. Plus Prestia was subbed off with an injury in the first and Reiwoldt playing with a broken thumb.

But I don't recall Richmond fans using collective injuries as an excuse like Carlton does.

I guess our fans aren't as fragile as Carltons fans who need to reassure themselves and whine to others.

Then there's the umpiring excuses 🤣

It's OK to admit your still not that good bluebaggers.

Amazing people thought the rain would favour Carlton. Thought we had the edge when it was dry, but Richmond absolutely dominant when it was wet. Too clean, too well set-up around contests (marking contests in particular) and deserved the win, smashed us at our own clearance game and 76 to 51 inside 50s, kinda amazed it was as close as it was really.

Thought our makeshift backline held up pretty well under the circumstances. Saad was immense, people were still questioning bringing him in earlier this year? lol

Yeah that was a bizarre call, assuming they were using the angle we all assume they were and was used for TV. As you say, the fingers that were wobbling clearly never touched the ball, seemed like they just assumed the fingers behind the ball in the vision also touched and wobbled. Not an unreasonable assumption perhaps but dunno how you call that conclusive per the rule though.
Why would a players fingers wobble if they weren’t touched by a ball? I don’t think they wobble like that unless something is brushing through them.
Definitely touched and correct decision. Finally the officiating used “common sense”in our favour last night.

Richmond were missing commensurate quality players round 1 including IIRC triple premiership champions Vlastuin, Lambert and MacIntosh. Plus Prestia was subbed off with an injury in the first and Reiwoldt playing with a broken thumb.

But I don't recall Richmond fans using collective injuries as an excuse like Carlton does.

I guess our fans aren't as fragile as Carltons fans who need to reassure themselves and whine to others.

Then there's the umpiring excuses 🤣

It's OK to admit your still not that good bluebaggers.

No, you blamed umpiring and injuries.

Carlton supporter's talk about injuries, yet if Prestia didn't get injured round 1, Richmond would have most likely won

Case in point

Nice melt :thumbsu:
You seem very invested in your hate for Richmond.
Not unusual for Collingwood supporters.
Richmond; the only club that can turn Woods into one-eyed Blues supporters.

Instead of replying to my post, you decide to call it a melt for some weird reason. My guess is that it's probably quite likely that you're not the sharpest tool, but from this short back-and-forth you definitely are a tool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proud of these 🏆🏆🏆 versus 🥄🥄🥄 or was it 4? Bwahhaa.
Nah it's better than that 5 spoons since the year 2000......a spoon every 4 years .....no wonder you have 20x Top 20 draft picks in the side...you can't help but be half decent. I'll have to look up whether RFC have 5 spoons in their entire existence. Bwahha.

Have I missed something? It looked like he clearly touched the ball - and Broad was convinced he touched it and TBF thats normally a good sign - is there other footage that says otherwise?
Like I said, assuming they were using this angle I'm not sure thats 'definitive' and a quick overturn of the umpire's call as per the rule;

touched.png

The only fingers I could see clearly moving on that angle were the ones outside the line of the ball. Almost would have had to touch it with his thumbs, or the index finger of his right hand, which may have in fact happened - again, I just wouldn't say its 'definitive' on that angle, as those digits are all behind the ball and you can't clearly see them move as the ball goes past.

Look, it probably was touched - Broad's immediate reaction, as you said. Not that we should be taking the players' word for anything either.

Proud of these 🏆🏆🏆 versus 🥄🥄🥄 or was it 4? Bwahhaa.
Actually it was 5:-

2002, 2005, 2006, 2015, 2018

The have the full kitchen draw 🤣

What a club!

For bragging rights their last bastion is to default to premierships from when players would don their pantaloons by candlelit rooms and place kick their goals to victory in a 4 team competition.

Their club really does not mean anything to the modern game. They are as important as Fremantle.

Like I said, assuming they were using this angle I'm not sure thats 'definitive' and a quick overturn of the umpire's call as per the rule;

View attachment 1425928

The only fingers I could see clearly moving on that angle were the ones outside the line of the ball. Almost would have had to touch it with his thumbs, or the index finger of his right hand, which may have in fact happened - again, I just wouldn't say its 'definitive' on that angle, as those digits are all behind the ball and you can't clearly see them move as the ball goes past.

Look, it probably was touched - Broad's immediate reaction, as you said. Not that we should be taking the players' word for anything either.
Moving forward, you think we will see players ‘twinkling’ their fingers when attempting to smother?

Or, will clubs get the guy from Police Academy to teach players how to mimic the sound of a ball being touched?

Nah it's better than that 5 spoons since the year 2000......a spoon every 4 years .....no wonder you have 20x Top 20 draft picks in the side...you can't help but be half decent. I'll have to look up whether RFC have 5 spoons in their entire existence. Bwahha.
Richmond:- 5 spoons since 1918. 1 per 21 years.

Carlton:- 5 spoons since 2002. 1 per 4 years.

76 inside 50s for only a return of 11 majors! I know it was tough conditions but with that type of dominance we need to be converting much more.
Hats off to the midfield coaching group this week as this was the area I was so worried about.
76 inside 50's is an absurd amount. Granted I think the Blues got around 50 themselves. The win was like a lot this year for the Tiges. Played well, set it up, then made it look harder than it needed to be. Probably a sign that we aren't good enough for long enough, but we are giving ourselves a chance.

Back