Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 20 - Tigers v Lions Sun July 31st 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s very disappointing because you have some very good players and your window is now. That’s just a game that they need to win. You can look amazing at times but when the pressure is on you just wilt, I don’t know what that is. Is it guys like Zorko? Robinson? Obviously you’d know more but if you drop away then you risk losing some really good players.

Who should replace Fagan?
They should shell out for Clarkson.

They weren’t that far off our best defender was a late out which cost the Lions goals from a small forward who was BOG Richmond are a good team especially at the G not sure what Fagan could have done they lost run when Bailey went off
Not had Fort as the Medi-Sub? Prior or Roberston would have been better options. It was just FLAT OUT POOR SELECTION / COACHING.

Not sure that true has a great record on Hawkins
He has had one decent game on Hawkins and dined out on it for three years. He took two marks tonight and got handed his arse by Riewoldt in EXACTLY the manner I said he would before the game.

They weren’t that far off our best defender was a late out which cost the Lions goals from a small forward who was BOG Richmond are a good team especially at the G not sure what Fagan could have done they lost run when Bailey went off
Mate, you’re just making excuses for shitting the bed. You weren’t that far off? You were up by 6 goals at half time, kicked 3.7 in the second half to their 10.8.

You were absolutely smashed in the second half and simply didn’t own the third to kill them when you should of. You’re not winning a flag with that approach.

Hey! How are you?

I would say Adams is worse. He has one of the lowest football IQ's I have ever seen. He simply panics under pressure and sometimes panics for no good reason.

Hey 3KZ!

As someone who saw a ton of Adams in the NEAFL prior to 2021, he can have slower decision making at times but plays tall and strong: who would you bring in to replace him?

Is that a legal means of disposing of the ball?
What are you talking about? He didn't dispose of it at that point. He was tackled but the tackler let go as he was falling down. The ball was put on the ground as he fell and then he re-grabbed it, got up and kicked the goal.

Hey 3KZ!

As someone who saw a ton of Adams in the NEAFL prior to 2021, he can have slower decision making at times but plays tall and strong: who would you bring in to replace him?
Ryan Lester in a heartbeat. The other disappointing thing about our defence is the complete lack of leadership. Harris Andrews is down on form, but provides nothing in terms of direction and leadership. Lester on the other hand plays smart, accountable football, something we totally lack in defense at present.

Ryan Lester in a heartbeat. The other disappointing thing about our defence is the complete lack of leadership. Harris Andrews is down on form, but provides nothing in terms of direction and leadership. Lester on the other hand plays smart, accountable football, something we totally lack in defense at present.

Not a bad choice. I think unfortunately you can see the difference in clutch moments between Andrew and a Sam Collins, Tom Stewart, Steven May type

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who says the umpires didn't influence that game is a Richmond supporter
The umpires influence EVERY game. That's what they're there for. TO penalise teams that break the rules and give free kicks. Hence influencing the game.

Brisbane lost because they scored less than Richmond. Oh, and Mitch Robinson shanked his kick.

One of the more infuriating losses in recent memory but you have to commend Richmond for pulling a finger out and giving it one last blast from past. They were incredible and it felt like one last eff you to the rest of the comp that they can still replicate the best of their premiership years, even if it just for a half of footy.

The raw emotions of losing a game like that stinks mightly. It's a combination of so many different factors that compounds the hurt as well. Up 42 points, the whole MCG hoodoo talk (Which IMO is nonsense when we hardly get to play at the ground), the fact we got belted after HT and more importantly gave up a Top 4 spot AND lost any & all credentials as a premiership contender.

From 2011 to 2018 we were a basketcase but you sit through it all to hopefully one day see your club find some success. To finally be good again but fall short of achieving any kind of success is quite frustrating. One QF win is all we have to show for this current period. It's not good enough and there needs to be questions asked about Fagan and the coaching group, sadly.

Kudos again Tiges, good luck for the rest of the season. Maybe we'll do you a favour next week and actually play for 4 quarters against the Blues.

One of the more infuriating losses in recent memory but you have to commend Richmond for pulling a finger out and giving it one last blast from past. They were incredible and it felt like one last eff you to the rest of the comp that they can still replicate the best of their premiership years, even if it just for a half of footy.

The raw emotions of losing a game like that stinks mightly. It's a combination of so many different factors that compounds the hurt as well. Up 42 points, the whole MCG hoodoo talk (Which IMO is nonsense when we hardly get to play at the ground), the fact we got belted after HT and more importantly gave up a Top 4 spot AND lost any & all credentials as a premiership contender.

From 2011 to 2018 we were a basketcase but you sit through it all to hopefully one day see your club find some success. To finally be good again but fall short of achieving any kind of success is quite frustrating. One QF win is all we have to show for this current period. It's not good enough and there needs to be questions asked about Fagan and the coaching group, sadly.

Kudos again Tiges, good luck for the rest of the season. Maybe we'll do you a favour next week and actually play for 4 quarters against the Blues.
I was at the Rich vs Gold Coast game a few weeks ago. I know what its like to lose when you're 40 points up. Often injuries make a big difference. Brisbane lost 3 key running players to injury. In the GC game, Richmond lost Lynch early and both rucks were injured.

Personally I would like to see Fagan have success. I think he's an excellent coach.

Absolutely 100% correct. Fagan lost this at selection table. Marcus Adams is a flat out POTATO but he is Fagan’s pet and gets a game every week. Answerth, McStay, Lyons, Gardiner and Andrews are also walk up starts, despite the fact they have been in terrible form. Then there is his general stupidity naming Fort as the Medi Sub. At his presser he got called on it, admitting it was a mistake and then made up some Year 9 excuse about his thought process. After we got thrashed by Melbourne he talked about giving players a “mulligan” and he has done NOTHING to address the issues exposed in that game. He should be sacked! 1-5 finals record and a ‘wet the bed’ culture at the club. Pathetic! Lions go nowhere with Fagan as coach. He is cooked.
But the Barometer was playing, anyway you’re players were awfully chirpy early in the game considering apart from Neale they’ve won nothing ( I could be wrong Robinson may have a couple of spoons) and they even managed to win nothing when the season was played in your backyard, they should stfu and zip it until they can show something, Daniher was pointing to the scoreboard in the first quarter , hope he r]pointed to it at the end as well

I was at the Rich vs Gold Coast game a few weeks ago. I know what its like to lose when you're 40 points up. Often injuries make a big difference. Brisbane lost 3 key running players to injury. In the GC game, Richmond lost Lynch early and both rucks were injured.

Personally I would like to see Fagan have success. I think he's an excellent coach.
I think injuries as an excuse, IMO, are totally fine for a close contest that is see-sawing throughout 4 quarters and therefore little things like injuries to key players can add up.

For a side to be up 40+ points, excuses such as injuries go out the window for mine. Richmond just went to a level that we could not match and it was clear that Dimma out-coached Fagan in the second half by shutting down our corridor usage. A few injuries doesn't change those facts.

I'd love nothing more than to see Fagan hold up a cup with the Lions, we were in a real bad way during the Leppa years and before that but footy isn't always fairytales and sometimes the ending you want, isn't what you get.

But the Barometer was playing, anyway you’re players were awfully chirpy early in the game considering apart from Neale they’ve won nothing ( I could be wrong Robinson may have a couple of spoons) and they even managed to win nothing when the season was played in your backyard, they should stfu and zip it until they can show something, Daniher was pointing to the scoreboard in the first quarter , hope he r]pointed to it at the end as well
I agree. Brisbane are down hill skiers who show no character on the big stage and that is a reflection of the culture that Fagan has created. He has steadfastly refused to make players like Adams, McStay, Rayner, Lyons, Gardiner and Answerth accountable at the selection table and as a result, these players continuously let the team and supporters down. Fagan will select them every week irrespective of form and he has done so for years. Harris Andrews is in terrible form and our defence is a shambles, but Fagan has done nothing to address this. It is just poor coaching. He is completely lacking in imagination.

Back