Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 15 - Cats v Demons Thurs June 22nd 7:20pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn’t agree more - that’s all exactly where the appeal lies.
Every ground doesn’t have to be the same. It’s really great sitting so close to the action at K.Park. I’m sorry other clubs didn’t hang onto their grounds. I’d have been happy to travel to Princes park etc.
I saw a few games at Princes Park back in the early 90's, great viewing.

Geelong-vs-Melbourne.png

10th v 3rd

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 15

GEELONG V MELBOURNE
THURSDAY JUNE 22ND 7:20PM AEST (GMHBA)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

CATS

B: Z.Guthrie, S.De Koning, Z.Tuohy
HB: J.Henry, T.Stewart, T.Atkins
C: I.Smith, M.Duncan, M.Holmes
HF: O.Henry, J.Cameron, T.Stengle
F: G.Rohan, T.Hawkins, B.Close
FOLL: R.Stanley, M.Blicavs, T.Bruhn

I/C: J.Bews, M.O’Connor, G.Miers, J.Kolodjashnij
EMG: O.Dempsey, O.Mullin, J.Bowes, M.Knevitt

In: R.Stanley
Out: J.Bowes (Sub), P.Dangerfield (Illness)

DEMONS
B: T.Rivers, S.May, J.McVee
HB: A.Brayshaw, J.Lever, C.Salem
C: A.Neal-Bullen, J.Viney, E.Langdon
HF: K.Pickett, B.Fritsch, T.Sparrow
F: J.Smith, M.Gawn, K.Chandler
FOLL: B.Grundy, C.Petracca, L.Hunter

I/C: J.van Rooyen, M.Hibberd, J.Jordon, H.Petty
EMG: C.Spargo, A.Tomlinson, T.Woewodin, B.Brown

In: H.Petty
Out: A.Tomlinson (Omitted), C.Spargo (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

It's been a long time since Geelong lost two games in a row at home, this time we may see the unusual result of a 10 goal win for Melbourne.
My fellow Cats fans are delusional if they think Geelong can beat the Demons, Cats have no rucks, no midfield and no hope!

Last edited:
It's been a long time since Geelong lost two games in a row at home, this time we may see the unusual result of a 10 goal win for Melbourne.
My fellow Cats are delusional if they think Geelong can beat the Demons, Cats have no rucks, no midfield and no hope!

Dangerfield is a big out... but its Geelong in Geelong so always a good chance

I wonder when was the last time Geelong did not start as favourites in Geelong...

Edit: Rd4/Rd12 2015 Geelong lost to North and Melbourne respectively in consecutive KP games

Clarry back; Paddy out doesn’t help matters for the cats… although he does butcher it Clarry.. and their connectivity with the forwards is not great … however can’t see cats conceding 65+ inside 50’s and getting it done… midfield of cats need a big week…!
Goodwin said Oliver is no certainty this morning

Y
Dangerfield is a big out... but its Geelong in Geelong so always a good chance

I wonder when was the last time Geelong did not start as favourites in Geelong...

Edit: Rd4/Rd12 2015 Geelong lost to North and Melbourne respectively in consecutive KP games
Yep, but that's a pretty big gap frond 4 to Round 12, Geelong only lost to GWS just a few weeks ago. In 2015 they missed the finals with 11 wins for the season, i don't see them winning any more than 3 more games for the year in 2023, we've been spoiled over the past 20 years and i'm not that faxzed by it all, they have to do a rebuild now, no stop-gap measures. we're in for some pain in the next few years. Cats need some midfielders and fast!

Stanley back means Blicavs can play mainly midfield. But no Danger, Guthrie and probably Bruhn means it's a very thin midfield group. If Oliver misses maybe we can be competitive enough in there to give it a shake.

Dees should be favourites but I think it'll be close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tricky selection week for the Redlegs, we can be assured that they will mess it up.
Cats by 31.

If it was played at literally any other ground in the universe I wouldn’t give the Cats any hope given their current state, but Alphabet stadium gives them a squeak. Still think Melbourne will get the job done.

Tough to go against Cats on the rebound.

Though, the Dees impressed with their hardness at ball, and I thought the two rucks were very very good together.

Foreward line looked a bit more dynamic with J Smith running around stirring up trouble. I really enjoyed Dees combativeness and discipline. WAR. The tactics of sitting off oppo ball carrier a bit to block and attack the receiver paid off.

But how do Dees come off a week off normally?

Duck it, I've convinced myself, Dees strengths match Cats weaknesses right now.

Dees by a couple of goals.

Cats midfield is Rubbish without Guthrie & Dangerfield and these 2 players are looking like they probably only have 1 more season left
Cats defense has been good last few years but teams are starting to work them out and implementing methods to cut out their intercept game and stewarts effectiveness as port di last week and made him have to defend 1-1 rather than sag off and intercept at will.

Cats biggest weapon is the fowards with Hawkins , Cameron , Rohan but Melbourne will have the perfect players to shut them out of the game

Cameron - Tomlinson
Hawkins - May
Henry - Hibberd./Lever
Rohan - Lever/Hibberd
Miers / Rivers

But when you look at the midfield
Petracca - Oliver - Viney - Gawn - Grundy - Brayshaw - Neal Bullen

Melbourne 38 points

Beautiful ground. We’d be happy to welcome you down there- comon hawkers.
Would we?
Would take a fortnight to disinfect the place after their ‘fans’ stink up the joint.

Does Kardinia Cafe still make the best burger in Vic?

Stanley back means Blicavs can play mainly midfield. But no Danger, Guthrie and probably Bruhn means it's a very thin midfield group. If Oliver misses maybe we can be competitive enough in there to give it a shake.

Dees should be favourites but I think it'll be close.

It's good have Duncan back.
Maybe back to midfield on a permanent basis? He's always been our best user and has no issues racking up plenty of the footy.
Mullin I hope comes in because he is probably our quickest player and we really need more of these types to be chasing down the ball carriers.

Back