Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 2 - Blues v Cats Thurs March 23rd 7:20pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 37.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a big game for both teams in terms of the season context.

Go 0-2 and all of a sudden round 3 becomes a must win.

Any result is a win-win for me.

Carlton win and it makes it a little tougher for Geelong to make top 4 from 0-2.

Carlton lose, a Carlton loss is always enjoyable.
Also a lose, lose by the sounds of it then

cats by 20 points sadly i just feel blues are missing too many top players.

big game for both teams.

hope blues win but i think cats will edge the blues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised Paddy Dow not playing in this game with Hewett injured
Kicked 4 goals and dominated the VFL practice game last week

would have thought with Walsh & Hewett injured Dow would be the most likely mid to get a game

would have thought with Walsh & Hewett injured Dow would be the most likely mid to get a game
We're all surprised with that...especially after some of the performances last week.

Shows you where he's at doesn't it. Coaching staff must see some serious deficiencies if you can't get a game replacing another mid after a 2s performance like that.

Shows you where he's at doesn't it. Coaching staff must see some serious deficiencies if you can't get a game replacing another mid after a 2s performance like that.
It does show where he is at the club but also ask the question why the coaches are not prpared to give the kid a chance what more could he do to get a game. Surely he is more deserving of a game after his vfl performance than some of the players like Martin & Owies ( i know they play a different position)
just cant work out what benefit it is for Carlton to play Ed over Dow in the long term. Baffling

Hewett out is a huge blow, even with him in we have our work cut out for us. For us to be any chance Cripps has to have an absolute blinder and the big two need at least 8 goals between them. Think the Cats will be too strong, we don't have the depth.

It does show where he is at the club but also ask the question why the coaches are not prpared to give the kid a chance what more could he do to get a game. Surely he is more deserving of a game after his vfl performance than some of the players like Martin & Owies ( i know they play a different position)
just cant work out what benefit it is for Carlton to play Ed over Dow in the long term. Baffling
Don't disagree in principle, but he's already had the chances you're talking about. I think its that his papers are already stamped internally and they're just stuck with him for this year, tried to get a trade done in the off-season but no interest.

Last edited:
Richmond can sign him up but maybe Teague has different ideas?

Kicked 4 goals and dominated the VFL practice game last week.

Dow must have reversed his car over Vossy's dog leaving training one night.
Admire the guys character for staying at the club but he must be looking at Setterfield & Stocker & thinking maybe I should have found a new home too.

Back