Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 2 - Lions v Demons Fri Marc 4th 7:50pm AEDT (GABBA) Power Out! BT Silenced! Crowds Sing and Dance in the Aisles!

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Best Match Thread Ever

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What a weird game.

Brisbane really should've won by 50+. How Melbourne got within two goals is crazy. Says a lot about how well Oliver and Lever in particular played, and what happened in the 5th quarter.

Casualty count; 3 lights, Max Gawn, Half of Brisbane's team, and Brisbane's percentage
I don’t think they’ll be getting another night GF up there for a while

02DBDF07-2CC2-49E1-83A9-6E64A0990675.gif

Clearly the power failure was a ploy by the AFL to get people to talk about this game instead of the NRL
I almost forgot Garang Kuol got his first international goal so it clearly worked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 extra minutes and I reckon Melbourne wins that game.

Bizarre finish to say the least.
And yet if the lights don't go out, I don't think they have that sudden burst.

It's all swings & roundabouts.

IMG_20230324_231802.jpg

someone ii GIF

Very interesting if it costs them come finals.
Probably more if it costs us Top 4.

If we miss finals on %, more issues to deal with lol.

In the English Premier League game Wimbledon-Arsenal match in 1997, the lights ‘failed’ 13 seconds into the second half with the score nil-all. This was due to a Malay/Hong Kong spread betting syndicate disrupting the power and was one of many such lighting "failures" in the League. In 1999 at Charlton Athletic, the syndicate were caught red handed. Back at Charlton, Thirteen seconds in meant that the game could be counted as completed and the score stand and a very nice risk mitigation.

Did a syndicate banking on at least Melbourne being competitive, flick the switch by inducing a power failure.?

Asking for a friend

Back