Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 3 - Pies v Tigers Fri March 31st 7:50pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

To think their selling point is that they stopped us winning 4 flags in a row. Just actually think about that. 4 flags in a row, But hey, USA, USA. That's why it's so funny.
Are you still thinking about what might have been?

A big tall yank who is most weeks goes missing and cant catch a cold, stepped up and ragdolled the mighty Alex Rance on the big stage...the Tiggers lost the unloseable prelim final.

The coollllliiinnnnnggggwwwwoooooooddd chant bellowing out half way through Q2 when the Cox inspired magpies were up by the best part of 10 goals and the Tugger fans were already off to get the early train.

There's no doubt reading this thread, there's only one way you can read it. It's a free hit for the tigers. We get done, we move on. But, the absolute certainty of Collingwood supporters. Man, they couldn't lose could they? Could they........
Loser mentality alert

Are Tigger fans already back to their glory days of the 90s when they expect to lose each week?

Are you still thinking about what might have been?

A big tall yank who is most weeks goes missing and cant catch a cold, stepped up and ragdolled the mighty Alex Rance on the big stage...the Tiggers lost the unloseable prelim final.

The coollllliiinnnnnggggwwwwoooooooddd chant bellowing out half way through Q2 when the Cox inspired magpies were up by the best part of 10 goals and the Tugger fans were already off to get the early train.
Nope, just laughing at Collingwood supporters hanging on to it. USA USA

Loser mentality alert

Are Tigger fans already back to their glory days of the 90s when they expect to lose each week?
Nah, Richmond supporters understand flags aren't won in March. Somehow Collingwood supporters still haven't learnt this lesson. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Nah, Richmond supporters understand flags aren't won in March. Somehow Collingwood supporters still haven't learnt this lesson. Wash, rinse, repeat.
They aren't won, but they are lost.

Got to win enough games early so can manage your season.

If Tigers end up Rd3 and they couldnt beat Pies or Carl...going to be a long season and plenty of "free hit" games at the backend when you are out of the finals race.

If Tigers end up Rd3 and they couldnt beat Pies or Carl...going to be a long season and plenty of "free hit" games at the backend when you are out of the finals race.
People are underselling Carlton. They are a good team. Our shizer kicking for goal saved them. We should of had a 4 goal win with the ball we won. Pies are playing great footy, no doubt about it. However, I think it would be very fool hardy of any Collingwood supporter to undersell the Tiges. And again, Pies fans have learnt nothing. Richmond don't peak in R3. Come Sept however.......

I see where you are going so wrong now dopple. You actually need to win enough games late so you can manage the early part of the season. ;)

Only the Mighty Magpies know what a 4 bagger is all about 👍

Just imagine if the Tigers hadnt run into a tall lanky yank, you guys would be insufferable if you had managed a 4 bagger.

The Pies always find a way to defend the precious 4 bagger.

We would indeed. Because we would have beaten 68 teams to win flags over a 4 year period. As it turned out we only beat 51 teams to win flags over a 4 year period, approximately 14% more than Collingwood 1927-30 team managed when they beat 44 teams to win flags over a 4 year period. This is the 5th best 4 year period ever recorded, behind Richmond 2017-20 and Hawthorn 2012-15(both 51 team 4 year period masters) Geelong 2007-11(46 team masters) and Brisbane 2001-04(45 team masters.)

What a shame the 'Machine" team choked the two chances they got to beat Melbourne in the 1926 finals, or they could have actually made history as the only 55 team masters over a 5 year period. ;)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We would indeed. Because we would have beaten 68 teams to win flags over a 4 year period. As it turned out we only beat 51 teams to win flags over a 4 year period, approximately 14% more than Collingwood 1927-30 team managed when they beat 44 teams to win flags over a 4 year period. This is the 5th best best 4 year period ever recorded, behind Richmond 2017-20 and Hawthorn 2012-15(both 51 team 4 year period masters) Geelong 2007-11(46 team masters) and Brisbane 2001-04(45 team masters.)

What a shame the 'Machine" team choked the two chances they got to beat Melbourne in the 1926 finals, or they could have actually made history as the only 55 team masters over a 5 year period. ;)
The twisted logic is somewhat impressive, even if baffling.

If I have this straight, according to your logic, a PF loss in an 18 team comp is better than a premiership in a 12 team competition.

Pies 2022 season is better than Tigers 1980??

Time for a nap already meteor?

Leaving all the dick-swinging aside, this will be an interesting little test for Collingwood tonight.

All through 2022 they were "Underdogs made good". Even in the first two rounds of 2023 they weren't necessarily seen as favourites.

Here, they're expected to win and win well. Richmond are banged up and injured and far from their best, and Collingwood are flying. All the expectation is on them to put this game away comfortably and assert themselves as the media's Premiership Favourites.

It will be good to see how they handle being truly the hunted instead of the hunters.

We are an inclusive comp. Why should flags count from 1930 in a 6 team comp and be used? How is that a fair comparison for a team like Port for example? That's why we say what we say. Those flags are not relevant since 1990. New comp, new teams. It's not that hard for the rest of us to understand. But, your grade three level of comprehension will only get you so far in life i guess.
Your user name is ironic - you want to relegate Jack Dyers contribution to Rich as completely irrelevant because early VFL history should be ignored.

The stupidity here is breathtaking.

When you change your user name we’ll all know you’re serious.

Jack and all the legends of the game since it’s inception, have a revered and iconic place in our history, as do all the teams winning flags.

Your user name is ironic - you want to relegate Jack Dyers contribution to Rich as completely irrelevant because early VFL history should be ignored.

The stupidity here is breathtaking.

When you change your user name we’ll all know you’re serious.

Jack and all the legends of the game since it’s inception, have a revered and iconic place in our history, as do all the teams winning flags.
No, there's respecting, recognising and understanding history, then there's understanding that life is evolutionary and change inevitable. The VFL comp no longer exists. As you even pointed out, the AFL came into existence in 1990. I didn't realise school is still in for you here. But, i will continue to school you should you wish it.

Leaving all the dick-swinging aside, this will be an interesting little test for Collingwood tonight.

All through 2022 they were "Underdogs made good". Even in the first two rounds of 2023 they weren't necessarily seen as favourites.

Here, they're expected to win and win well. Richmond are banged up and injured and far from their best, and Collingwood are flying. All the expectation is on them to put this game away comfortably and assert themselves as the media's Premiership Favourites.

It will be good to see how they handle being truly the hunted instead of the hunters.
This is exactly the game where you put your money on the tigers.

Everyone talking Collingwood up as flag favourites and the best team to watch in the competition......what could go wrong?!:laughv1:

Falling Over GIF

No, there's respecting, recognising and understanding history, then there's understanding that life is evolutionary and change inevitable. The VFL comp no longer exists. As you even pointed out, the AFL came into existence in 1990. I didn't realise school is still in for you here. But, i will continue to school you should you wish it.
You’re spinning wheels sport.
It’s a gotcha moment- you’re caught in an untenable position.
You can’t have it both ways. Either ALL the history counts, including Jack or it’s irrelevant pre -1990.
You can’t have it both ways.

I think your argument that only post 1990 history counts, has been destroyed.

You need to go back to the drawing board.

If you want respect history as you say - then that means you need to respect all teams winning flag’s regardless of when it occurred.

I can see you twisted in knots - so I’ll leave it there.

Last edited:
Your spinning wheels sport.
It’s a gotcha moment- you’re caught in an untenable position.
You can’t have it both ways. Either ALL the history counts, including Jack or it’s irrelevant pre -1990.
You can’t have it both ways.

I think your argument that only post 1990 history counts, has been destroyed.

You need to go back to the drawing board.

If you want respect history as you say - then that means you need to respect all teams winning flag’s regardless of when it occurred.

I can see you twisted in knots - so I’ll leave it there.
Nah, as previously pointed out, unfortunately you seem to lack an ability to recognise change while paying respect to the past. Unfortunately i think intellectually we're on a different page and you just lack the basic comprehension skills to understand my point. That's sad, but it's also the word we live in. Hey, good luck tonight, you're gonna need it.

It's your poster living in the past. I'm trying to bring him past 1990 or 2016. Have a chat to him will ya?
Anything more than performance over the past 12 months is completely irrelevant. You’re all as bad as one another.

Mason Cox is actually a pretty big out for the Pies (had a pretty good start to the season)

Probably not a night for big talls though, the game will be won and lost through the mid field and wings/flanks and I think the Pies have the edge in that department.

The Tigers best chance is to make it a defensive, low scoring slog, make sure the Pies have little space on tbe wings to run and carry (which is a strong strength of theirs)

They haven't got the leg speed to go toe to toe with the Pies in a shoot out (in my opinion)

Back