Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Bombers v Saints Sat March 30th 4:20pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Their 'bomb it in' game plan without King there to make a contest could unravel badly.

Can Cameniti compete in the air against McKay to at least force ground balls to advantage?

I'm not sure.
We only do that when we’re for instance taking it in there quickly from a centre bounce. Otherwise pretty much our whole team have pushed way up the ground- like a basketball team running end-to-end- which creates a “Pagans Paddock” type situation, where the F50 is empty and everyone’s trying to win the foot race back to goal.

really worried about essendons hard nosed players like Nicholas hind and mason redman

Interesting, Mason The Hammer Redman has returned but The Devil’s Bend Elbow aka Nick Hind is starting as sub. Don’t worry E D G E fans HillBilly-Bob Draper is lining up.

Bad news Setterfield is missing with a knee issue. Has proved a decent trade in for Essendon.

Would be pretty surprised if it’s low-scoring. Essendon have scored over 100 points in both their games this year, but have struggled to defend the ground, and as such can get scored against the other way. If that trend continues, it could be a pretty free-flowing shoot-out on the fast deck.

Ross Lyon and free flowing game?

Especially with the outs, like King I think Saints slow this down into a grind fest. I don't mean low scoring like Freo and Adel yesterday but I think the bookies have got the total at 167 set about right and it's about a scoreline of like 90-75 or so, would be surprised if bombers kick over 100, but hey anything can happen.

Saints will cruise this in even with the outs. Saints defence and outside run superior. Not even close.

Only lack of effort would lead to a loss which will not happen.

Setterfield out is significant as that's the one area in recent times my team has been vulnerable.

Saints by 70.

We only do that when we’re for instance taking it in there quickly from a centre bounce. Otherwise pretty much our whole team have pushed way up the ground- like a basketball team running end-to-end- which creates a “Pagans Paddock” type situation, where the F50 is empty and everyone’s trying to win the foot race back to goal.
Saints have a much better and mobile forward strategy this year. Folk watching will have noticed Max's forays up and back, on the move, and linking up with other players.

Saints will cruise this in even with the outs. Saints defence and outside run superior. Not even close.

Only lack of effort would lead to a loss which will not happen.

Setterfield out is significant as that's the one area in recent times my team has been vulnerable.

Saints by 70.
I generally agree, but think you may have veered a bit too far with the 70 points!

Ross Lyon and free flowing game?

Especially with the outs, like King I think Saints slow this down into a grind fest. I don't mean low scoring like Freo and Adel yesterday but I think the bookies have got the total at 167 set about right and it's about a scoreline of like 90-75 or so, would be surprised if bombers kick over 100, but hey anything can happen.

You can't have been watching much of us since Ross Lyon has returned to coach us, we usually try to play fast direct attacking footy now.

Ross can still slow the game down and go defensive when we need to but all good teams can play different styles to suit the game situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turnovers killing Bombers already.

Back