Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Bombers v Saints Sat March 30th 4:20pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A good game of strategem.
Essendon fairly attacking with plenty of tall timber, and Saints waiting for the counter punch.

You can't have been watching much of us since Ross Lyon has returned to coach us, we usually try to play fast direct attacking footy now.

Ross can still slow the game down and go defensive when we need to but all good teams can play different styles to suit the game situation.

I try to watch as many games as possible, not just my own team. But I will admit I probably have a bit of Ross Lyon bias for ugly/lower scoring games.

I know the Saints have been a bit more direct recent seasons, but still hard to tip/bet on Saints by large margins or expect a high scoring game. As I said I think the bookies capped the total fairly accurately. I could be wrong, anyway I hope your lads get up mate.

Brad Scott and the players spent all summer talking about how they would defend this year, yet every club has just walked through them this year to score.

Butler scrambles a flukey goal in end but, the pressure from Saints is pretty good.

St Kilda could have had this game wrapped up by now but for some reason Ross Lyon doesn’t instruct the players to play their own game, instead it seems he insists to play on the oppositions level. Also gotta kick goals from set shots. Lot of blokes that spend more time looking in the mirror than practicing goal kicking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oof Nick Martin
Cringe Wince GIF

Back