Multiplat AFL Evolution 2 - pre-launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we'll all still buy it, because we're desperate for another AFL game. Obviously they're targeting parents and their children with the Christmas buys. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Which means there're problems with it and looking to cash in on the rush and hype.

the new game is on a new engine right? so everything should be new? i would expect they would be keen to show off how it looks and new animations and stuff
Maybe not so... ? Too many cracks and problems.

How the fu** can you say the game looks like nothing more than a reskin with an Ai enhancement when we've seen nothing but a few pics and a shot at goal?
Becuase he is going by past renditions and the fact most AFL games been lacking in certain areas.

Becuase he is going by past renditions and the fact most AFL games been lacking in certain areas.
Except that based off what we have seen it's literally impossible to say its an enhanced AI. The bloke was talking out of his ass.

Except that based off what we have seen it's literally impossible to say its an enhanced AI. The bloke was talking out of his ass.
If they had any cred they would release it pre beta to one of the well known testers so we can have an unbiased opinion.

Should give it to me. AFL Evolution was my most played game for 2017/2018.

I'm not expecting a generation style change (being an Aussie developer and all). Some tweaks here and there would be good.

That said I felt Evolution was a good effort. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I felt it was a good representation of footy in general. I was able to emulate a lot of classic real life moments (game scenarios, shots for goal, passages of play). I enjoyed it enough to buy it on pc as well and it was clearly the superior version.

Should give it to me. AFL Evolution was my most played game for 2017/2018.

I'm not expecting a generation style change (being an Aussie developer and all). Some tweaks here and there would be good.

That said I felt Evolution was a good effort. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I felt it was a good representation of footy in general. I was able to emulate a lot of classic real life moments (game scenarios, shots for goal, passages of play). I enjoyed it enough to buy it on pc as well and it was clearly the superior version.
The only thing the game emulated was the player pointing at the mark when they run to stand it and the umpires mouthing off “I don’t want to hear it”...actually no umpire ever says that so that was a misrepresentation

The only thing the game emulated was the player pointing at the mark when they run to stand it and the umpires mouthing off “I don’t want to hear it”...actually no umpire ever says that so that was a misrepresentation

That's cute

I didn't fully understand the mark system criticism as I usually marked the ball most of the time :D

Most of you have already formed your opinions, I don't see how giving it to some unknown youtuber is going to change them.
I watch a couple of you tubers and they give really good reviews on games which gives me confidence to make an informed purchase.

Considering how broken FIFA is/was on release, I don't have so much worry about this game anymore. The standards are low for me. I obviously want improvement, but could settle for AFL Evo with a few tweaks and still be happier than I was with this year's FIFA. Only 2 months to go (hopefully)

Considering how broken FIFA is/was on release, I don't have so much worry about this game anymore. The standards are low for me. I obviously want improvement, but could settle for AFL Evo with a few tweaks and still be happier than I was with this year's FIFA. Only 2 months to go (hopefully)
It would need to deliver a decent gaming experience otherwise what's the point of developing a new game... The danger is, if they rehash the first game it'll hurt them. I really hope they develop a decent, better game with a truly immersive gaming experience.

It would need to deliver a decent gaming experience otherwise what's the point of developing a new game... The danger is, if they rehash the first game it'll hurt them. I really hope they develop a decent, better game with a truly immersive gaming experience.

I guess we can only hope that this loooong delay is actually being used to improve the quality of the game and make it worth our while. If it is just a rehash with barely any difference, I would not be surprised if the plug is pulled on W.W so they can invest their money elsewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PES is much better. It's not 2004, anymore, EA don't make the best sport titles, in my opinion. I wish Wicked Witch, even if they didn't do the best job could have been given the work on AFL Live 1, like they were given Rugby Challenge 2 to develop for 3.

I thought AFL Evolution was by far the best AFL game ever released, me only knock on the game was the lack of creative options available. I'm big on customization of my sports games and the fact the you were given pre set jumpers for your created teams and no create a league option to play your created teams in was a big downer for me.

Does Wicked Witch even have an account on here anymore, or have they pulled out? TBH, they probs blocked me because I kept tagging them in here :'(
Not just you. Looks like its gone. :(

If they want to cash in on a Christmas release the latest they want to release is around Dec 11, I reckon.
That gives them 2 weeks before chrissie so people know it's out and purchase.
So they should be building hype with screenshots, videos etc. from mid Nov maybe.
If we don't see anything in the next few weeks it'd be a worry.

The interaction Big Ant had with its fans both through social media and big footy was outstanding, they released regular screenshots, clips etc which in hindsight generated a lot of hype. Really poor marketing if the game really is only a few months away.

Just dusted off my PS1 and have to say that AFL 99 is the best AFL game i have ever played. Very basic, but the way the players position themselves (eg they don't just stand in their set position) is great. And the bumps are very satisfying.

I'll buy this game, play the carp out of it, think of how it could be better and start hoping for the next one. as per

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back