Review AFL R2 vs West Coast @ Metricon 7:40pm 13 June 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at this. You can see the fear in NicNat's eyes!!

752552.jpg

Are you serious? Nic Nat threw witts around like a rag doll.
Witts took one mark. He needs to do more around the ground
Nic took zero though. Witts also had more touches in general.

Witts did about the best job anyone could hope to do against a fit Nic IMO. The guy is a freak

The man behind the movement ❤️

Feel for you guys. Rowell and Anderson are going to steal so many Brownlow votes off each other.
Going to be such a devastating problem, Going to have to cry myself to sleep.

Words fail me, What an absolutely unbelievable performance. Definitely a double of JW Double black on the cards tomorrow morning when I get home from work.

Lap it up Suns Nation

We won every quarter. When was the last time the SUNS did that?

Three of West Coasts 6 goals come in a 2 minute burst. Apart from that we were consistent all game. Complete freaking game of football. I take a loss with that sort of full effort. But a win is so much sweeter!

To answer my own question. Rd 3 2017 against Hawthorn was the last time we won every quarter

Not cracking a scotch, but cracking a beer and just reading all the fall out.

So happy for the lads, they have toiled so damn hard and to come out like that, well it just makes all the suffering worth it.

Rowell is special, not much more to say. Anderson also had a good game as well.

Day probably played his best ever game in Suns colours.

Hanley was important early when the heat was on.

Weller made a few errors but his speed and kicking is much needed.

Ainsworth was good late as well snagging some late goals to put it to bed.

Who comes out for Swallow and maybe Ellis next week?

Real opportunity to put some good early footy together for the lads.

Looking at the injury update again, the timeframe for Ellis was within 2 weeks, so I'd say hold Ellis back for another week to make sure he's 100% right. Sexton and MacPherson were ok, but didn't play as well they usually do. But no one played bad, so I guess they decide based on who if anyone's sore, lacks fitness or needs to managed.

What’s the best thing about going for a club that everyone has no respect for??

Looking at the absolute meltdown of the opposition by reading their game day thread post game When we snag a win.

Reasons why WCE lost according to WCE fans
1-The Hub
2-Royal Pines inferior hotel
3-the humidity
4-(my favourite) Taking a knee and being woke before the game started

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the absolute meltdown of the opposition by reading their game day thread post game When we snag a win.

1-The Hub
3-the humidity
The "Hub" might be an issue in a couple of weeks, but they've only been here since Tuesday
That's not much different to normal travel plans for WA teams
Were they commiserating with us when we played the first half of 2018 on the road including having to "Hub" in WA for 3 weeks?

Why Eagles Lost ?
1) No Eagles Fans booing
2) Umpire
3) Overconfident

1-The Hub
3-the humidity
You forgot Vicbias :D

Great win.

HOW GOOD WAS THAT??

All my mates on twitter were so happy for the suns. I was riding the wave.

The way they all hunted the ball. Hunted the opposition. I have never seen that before. Similar to Marsh series form, but even better. And best thing of all, was that it was done mostly over a 4 quarter effort -- apart from letting them get those 4 goals in the 2nd quarter. But it was like something has clicked.

Just finished the replay after having to work tonight. The club went on about how they will show more after rd 1s performance like they do after every bad lose but this is the first time that every single player actually followed through. Can't remember the last time we had such a comprehensive performance. So happy.

Up the Suns

Dave Swallow will be remembered as a guy that was the foundation but never got to taste ultimate success himself IMO
Not sure about that. Might surprise some people to learn that Dave is only 27 years old. I think he's comfortably got another five years in the game and I'd really hope by that point we're playing finals.

Why Eagles Lost ?
1) No Eagles Fans booing
2) Umpire
3) Overconfident
I know it could easily sound like I'm being biased here but I honestly felt like West Coast were getting the better calls from the umps tonight, particularly in the first half. We completely steamrolled them in the second half so there weren't many questionable calls going either way by that point.

So Rowell’s going to be captain and have at least one B&F by the time he’s 21, right? (This isn’t sarcasm. The kid’s a force of nature.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back