Review AFL R6 v Melbourne @Giants Stadium 6:05pm Saturday 11th July

Remove this Banner Ad

Its Sydney. No big surprise there. Lots of Vic type support. I don't imagine many suns supporters live in NSW
I believe it was Melbourne home game? They would handle the tickets. Probably 50-100 for Suns fans. I could be wrong.

Post match presser journos need to ask better questions. Nothing about how the mids were hammered, even though he alluded to such. Would have liked Dew to expand, but I guess there aren't many good journos left.
I can clear that up for you. They worked harder, for longer and Witts got smashed and our mids didn't adapt to gawn winning majority of the hitouts

Ease up on Fiorini etc, it was only 5 games ago we were getting belted every week, thats was a great game and we are now so competitive💪☀️ Its great to see we are actually on the way up!!!!!

My Essendon mates and I were chatting, and we all agreed that Izak Rankine might be the most exciting thing we’ve seen on a football ground.

That dummy run and sharking Gawn’ tap still has me in awe.

Last edited:
My Essendon mates and I were chatting, and we all agreed that Izak Rankine might be the most exciting thing we’ve seen on a football ground.

That dummy run and sharing Gawn’ tap still has me in awe.
Exactly after the disappointment of the loss l have to remind myself l've just seen the 2 best debut games l've ever seen in one season and l've been going to the football regularly since 1980.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha Matt Rowell would be useful right now haha *sobbing*
Not gonna lie I sobbed in the shower a little... But think of it this way, Can you imagine when we get them both on the field at the same time?

Gawn has done that to many ruckman over the years, Witts won't be the last.
Yeah that was my takeaway from that, Gawn monsters everyone. I don't nessercary want to give anyone a free pass two weeks in a row but if anyone has earned it it's Witts

Didn't someone say on here that they couldn't get tickets to this game? As in they weren't being sold? Maybe only Dees members were allowed in?
Yeah that's a smidge questionable... Those obnoxious jerks that kept popping up on the fox footy mics were driving me mad.

I was thinking about the end of the game a little on the way to work and I've come to the conclusion that if we get our nose in front at any point towards the end there we would have defended well enough to win it but chasing the game cost us the last two goals and that was the end of it.

Just one online kick and we take home the points, Fusterating but the takeaways of fighting to be in it right until the bitter end is going to be a hallmark of Suns sides to come.

It's honestly an expected tempering of expectations but as it was mentioned, Our development isn't linear.

I just hope we can bounce back now the blowtorch is on us a bit and really get stuck into Sydney next week.

Whatever crowd was there looked close to 100% Melbourne fans.
I ended up ringing the club during the week (I live in Sydney now), and this was not open to the public, checked online at all the major outlets, AFL site, Melb site, GC site. I was filthy when I saw those pretentious germs in the crowd allowed to go to the game, heaven forbid a Victorian club without their mums and dads in the crowd.

Still bitter from last night, we could have won that. Melbourne are not fantastic as good as their list is, they're a bunch of plodders with limited skill. Gawn and Viney were the difference in the centre clearances, and we missed some set shots that we could have nabbed 2 or 3 of them and we've won.

I ended up ringing the club during the week (I live in Sydney now), and this was not open to the public, checked online at all the major outlets, AFL site, Melb site, GC site. I was filthy when I saw those pretentious germs in the crowd allowed to go to the game, heaven forbid a Victorian club without their mums and dads in the crowd.

Still bitter from last night, we could have won that. Melbourne are not fantastic as good as their list is, they're a bunch of plodders with limited skill. Gawn and Viney were the difference in the centre clearances, and we missed some set shots that we could have nabbed 2 or 3 of them and we've won.

That’s utter shite that you weren’t given the opportunity to be there.

Fingers crossed you get an opportunity to go to our Mini GF against the Ugly Ducks this week.
yeah im sure that one will be available because it's the ugly ducks at home! But I'm driving back to gods country on the Thursday with the wife and kids now that Kim Jong Palaszczuk has removed the concrete barriers to visit the my folks and the in laws. Will be up there for about 10 days, so fingers crossed Round 8 is released at Metricon and I can get to that one.

I had such grand plans this year to use all my frequent flyer points to get to a heap of games this year (still paying for my seat at Metricon)

yeah im sure that one will be available because it's the ugly ducks at home! But I'm driving back to gods country on the Thursday with the wife and kids now that Kim Jong Palaszczuk has removed the concrete barriers to visit the my folks and the in laws. Will be up there for about 10 days, so fingers crossed Round 8 is released at Metricon and I can get to that one.

I had such grand plans this year to use all my frequent flyer points to get to a heap of games this year (still paying for my seat at Metricon)

I’m not with you at all on the reverence to the Premier. I strongly respect and appreciate what she’s done till now.
I know it’s hurt people financially and I respect people having different views.

I ended up ringing the club during the week (I live in Sydney now), and this was not open to the public, checked online at all the major outlets, AFL site, Melb site, GC site.

LeverPuller I saw on the Melbourne board you mentioned you were able to attend the game last night.
Seems like Suns fans didn't have the opportunity. Can you shed any light? Did you access tickets through your club?

They have a great ruckman and a lot of ball winning mids so not really surprised they did well there.

All the talk this week was the struggle the Demons have had actually scoring. And that struggle continued against us. For me, those handful of un-pressured D50 turnovers was the biggest difference.

We gave them about 5 good opportunities to score goals directly from our unforced errors. If we tidy most of those up we are a big chance to win. The good thing is that, as Dewy said in the presser, those are in our control. We can reduce those, and if we do we can win games like these.

It would help if we got the ball inside 50 more often. Only 28 last week and 35 this week. The forward line is dangerous but needs more opportunities. The midfield without Buzz is solid, but we need Weller and Swallow to have more impact around the contest. Not sure Touk and Hugh can do much more than they are now.

Ando looks like he needs a spell.

They have a great ruckman and a lot of ball winning mids so not really surprised they did well there.

All the talk this week was the struggle the Demons have had actually scoring. And that struggle continued against us. For me, those handful of un-pressured D50 turnovers was the biggest difference.

We gave them about 5 good opportunities to score goals directly from our unforced errors. If we tidy most of those up we are a big chance to win. The good thing is that, as Dewy said in the presser, those are in our control. We can reduce those, and if we do we can win games like these.

It would help if we got the ball inside 50 more often. Only 28 last week and 35 this week. The forward line is dangerous but needs more opportunities. The midfield without Buzz is solid, but we need Weller and Swallow to have more impact around the contest. Not sure Touk and Hugh can do much more than they are now.

Ando looks like he needs a spell.
Yes, turnovers killing us but if we halved midfield against Cats and Melbourne we probably won both games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back