Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 51 78.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We well and truly blew that lead. Hawks lifted as a result of that ridiculous fifty against Zorko. Like holding the ball for 0.5 seconds longer is illegal.

We well and truly blew that lead. Hawks lifted as a result of that ridiculous fifty against Zorko. Like holding the ball for 0.5 seconds longer is illegal.
Ridiculous? He refused to let the thing go, despite having his opponent trying to wrest the ball from him. Blatant timewasting 50

Yeah very poor 50.

After Lions got 2 goals from frees at the start of the quarter, my ire was up too.

Lions still in this up to their manes

Three times I saw JOM simply drop the ball once tackled and none of them were called.

It is not corrupt or even incompetence, it is just that one umpire is paying it and the others are not. (and I don't know which umpire is which but the JOM ones were all down the other half/middle of the ground) I have no doubt that if Brisbane were going to the right of screen and JOM did it again he would be pinged like Cox(??) was.

It is my main issue with the umpires in all AFL games. It is clear that they are not on the same page in terms of interpretations.

We all want consistency, we are all never going to get it.

No point whingeing about it. For me its like moaning about the ball taking a leg break Steven Milne style, luck of the draw.

Lol the umpire hasn’t got every decision right, but that was the correct call.

The one not paid against Jaeger? If he was playing for one of 17 other teams, you may disagree. Two steps and a fend is HTB 95% of the time.

Cox was pinged for incorrect disposal. He was tackled and the ball came loose. That should be paid all the time. If he kept hold of the footy, it was possibly holding the ball based on prior opportunity.

The fact he was sort of being accosted by Hawks players at the time i thought gave him the benefit of doubt
Very clever from WX to go straight for the ball so fast. He needed to let go though no ifs buts about it. I doubt he will fall for it a 2nd time.

50 every day unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Of course not. Just call them all, keep it easy for the fans and players. Can be frustrating, but when you pay peanuts, you get what you pay for.

Great little comment there. We are never, ever going to get consistency with our umpires and I catually think given all the circumstances, they doa ******* great job.. But if we paid them enough for it to be a full time job (like every other professional sport) it would improve

Refused to give the ball back

Time wasting = 50

Pretty clear

Last 3 or 4 weeks that's been happening alot, unrealized. If the players knew they were cracking down on it, I don't mind. If not, it was bloody stiff. But the paying public, the lifeblood of the game, aren't privy to those sort of details.

Great little comment there. We are never, ever going to get consistency with our umpires and I catually think given all the circumstances, they doa ******* great job.. But if we paid them enough for it to be a full time job (like every other professional sport) it would improve

We would eliminate the need for so much angst if they were full time, and some level of accountability was made transparent to the public. The fact it hasn't happened yet is a true indication of the contempt the AFL have for their product and their fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one not paid against Jaeger? If he was playing for one of 17 other teams, you may disagree. Two steps and a fend is HTB 95% of the time.

Cox was pinged for incorrect disposal. He was tackled and the ball came loose. That should be paid all the time. If he kept hold of the footy, it was possibly holding the ball based on prior opportunity.
Sorry, I meant the Cox one was the correct call. Not the O'Meara one.

We would eliminate the need for so much angst if they were full time, and some level of accountability was made transparent to the public. The fact it hasn't happened yet is a true indication of the contempt the AFL have for their product and their fans.

Haha we all know this is bullshit.

We could finance an academy where we have 500 men and women entering and best 30 were picked and paid 7 figures a year to umpire AFL... People would still enter gameday threads and blame everything on the 'corrupt'umpires.

Haha we all know this is bullshit.

We could finance an academy where we have 500 men and women entering and best 30 were picked and paid 7 figures a year to umpire AFL... People would still enter gameday threads and blame everything on the 'corrupt'umpires.

It was a bit utopian of me.

Listen to Huddo. Barracking for every free against Hawthorn like some Big Footy flog

And some people reckon this clown is the best commentator?

Commentators always pump up the underdogs. And let's face it, Brisbane weren't expected to get close to your lot in Tasmania.

He is still the best commentator by far. It's not even a contest when the alternatives are BT, Dwayne and Basil.

Really impressed with the response from BL here. After we kicked the first they could be excused for dropping their heads.

Got a lot of ticker this young team, that said we are not in a great place atm

Back