Game Day AFL Round 17 - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@West Coast (Optus Stadium – 8:10PM EST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Struggling to see how we lose this one to be honest. Would have to put in a real stinker, but looking at our form line that doesn’t seem likely.
Carn Pies!
Yeah spot on. Even if the unthinkable happens and we lose, I can't see anyone on this forum being too upset.

I have a good feeling about this game, if Pendles and Sidebottom can find a purple patch again we should be right in this.

The negative media coverage of Cox may be the rocket he needs. He appears to like media attention - but hopefully not this sort. A p1ssed off Mason is usually a good Mason - for us!
Problem is last time he was the subject of negative press attention he had the following week off so he could stew on things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite relaxed about this one, a win will surprise so expectations are low.
Need to see the right intent.
Probably the perfect time for the group to hit the road.
Bring it on, looking forward to knocking off work this arvo and getting stuck into Friday night beers.

I am normally positive or moderately positive but today I really can't see us winning any line. I so hope I am wrong and hope we don't get schooled, just can't watch at home if we are losing badly. In and out of the TV room hoping in the time I was gone we piled on some goals.

Would love to be coloured surprised. Go Pies!!!!!

At first glance I was shocked like many to see Scharenberg omitted but when you take a look at the starting 18 for West Coast it's clear he was omitted due to having no clear match up. It still carries risk though as without Howe or Langdon to go 3rd man up the Eagles will no doubt look to stretch our defence at times by resting Hickey or heaven forbid Nic Nat forward.

It could get ugly.

I've liked what I've seen of Daicos at times during the past 2 weeks. He appeared really light on his feet in traffic at various stages and it opened up some opportunities for him. He wasn't able to fully capitalise on them this time but it provided some hints he still has something to work with. I wouldn't have been opposed to giving him another shot this week but can understand the decision.

The biggest problem facing Daicos is that alongside Brown, Thomas and Elliott there isn't enough variety between them all (especially the first 3) IMO and they're all of the same small stature. With no Stephenson available replacing one with Crocker looks a better mix of types on paper at least and he should at least provide a stronger physical contest.

I've defended Thomas for most of the year owing to his career best season in 2018 but just like Varcoe his time was up.

At worst some selfish and at times lazy habits have crept into his game over the last couple of months.

At best he's over estimated his own abilities and tried to take on to much.

With Noble coming in and being another who's slight in stature it made sense that one small replaced another.

Last edited:
Seriously, why do posters fear NicNat forward?

He's really not a good forward at all. Is it because he can take the one screamer per game and kicked that goal after the siren once?

Couldnt possibly see a win here. Too few in form.

In any case, I'm off to Adelaide for the Beer n BBQ festival. I'll be watching Frenzal Rhomb with a crazily overhopped IPA and some slow cooked ribs and hoping for the best from the boys, but should it get ugly, Ill just opt for an 9% chocolate stout and try to sooth the loss that way. Cheers!

Winning tonight would be a massive form reversal, but I just can’t see it happening. The eagles have been dominant over us for some time so don’t expect much else in front of their raucous home ground.

Hoping for a good game for IQ, and young Noble for his 1st game.

Stranger things have happened (New Zealand beating India in a one day match that lasted 2 days comes to mind) but can’t see us getting over the Eagles.

Eagles by plenty +40pts

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seriously, why do posters fear NicNat forward?

He's really not a good forward at all. Is it because he can take the one screamer per game and kicked that goal after the siren once?

He does go missing and isn't what you call work horse but his highlight reel is right up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back