Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Size has nothing to do with it though. Zurhaar can do anything Davey can.
Well the point is we need to play a quick small forward going forward. Now if Davey is not that guy then you need to be looking at another quick small forward . Only way I am looking at Zuhaar is if Stringer does not stay or we simply give up on genuine KP forwards and go with 3 medium 190 - 192 guys and Wright as 2nd ruck / forward. I think Zuhaar can play but with Langford / Stringer / Caddy (another 193cm forward) I am not sure he is exactly what we want.

I think Zuhaar can play but with Langford / Stringer / Caddy (another 193cm forward) I am not sure he is exactly what we want.
This is the heart of the issue, cap space is limited and can be used to far greater effect attracting free agents to fill other roles we need to improve upon.

Isaac Cumming or Ben Ainsworth would offer far greater bang for buck than Zurhaar I feel.

Is Ainsworth just a faster version of Gresham ? His forward pressure has never really been off the charts. Has never averaged many tackles. I think the small forward spot we need filled is tackling / pressure with some pace. A Walla type.

Is Ainsworth just a faster version of Gresham ? His forward pressure has never really been off the charts. Has never averaged many tackles. I think the small forward spot we need filled is tackling / pressure with some pace. A Walla type.
I see him more Jamie Elliot than Jade Gresham, I do agree that a pressure forward should be high on our priority list though

F50 ground ball gets; I read that and see equal second. Am I wrong?

Yeah. Equal 4th is correct, as there are three guys above him (not trying to state the obvious, genuinely clarifying).

Rankine, Stengle and Higgins all have more than him. They would be considered a tie for = 1st. But because there are 3 of them, all the guys tied on 21 then become = 4th.

If Higgins had 1 more for example which took him to 24, he’d be 1st. Stengle and Rankine would be = 2nd. Gresham and all the other guys would still be =4th in that situation.

Shocked Gresham is 1st for goal assits. Has been good but comes across as selfish, but that might just be saints friends swaying my opinion.

Good player but a half forward Accumulator/goal scorer not a small skillful pressure fwd.

Gresham has been fine but it doesn't change my view that an elite small forward should be at the top of our free agency shopping list. Looking at the free agent list and really only Tyson Stengle sticks out.

slim pickings otherwise

Shocked Gresham is 1st for goal assits. Has been good but comes across as selfish, but that might just be saints friends swaying my opinion.

Good player but a half forward Accumulator/goal scorer not a small skillful pressure fwd.
I haven't gotten the impression that he's selfish - just that he backs himself on the run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt Rosa certainly has his work cut out for him

Perkins, Caldwell and Stringer the priorities
Followed by Jones, Cox, Kelly, Setterfield and Guelfi
Then Hayes and Menzie. Would put a 2yr offer in front of Hayes to avoid a D'Ambrosio situation.
Think we can leave Heppell, Shiel, Goldy and Hind until very late to see how they finish the season

1715777142749.png

Last edited:

Then Hayes and Menzie. Would put a 2yr offer in front of Hayes to avoid a D'Ambrosio situation.
Think we can leave Heppell, Shiel, Goldy and Hind until very late to see how they finish the season

View attachment 1989939
Some on the Geelong board genuinely think Perko is gettable.

View attachment 1989939
That isn't actually too bad really. And would be pretty typical for most clubs. I don't see Caldwell or Stringer going anywhere else and Perkins unlikely. The guys we are more likely to potentially lose are the likes of Hayes and Bryan who aren't getting opportunity.

View attachment 1989939
Along with Hayes and Bryan I could see Setterfield continuing his journeyman status. He's a good B- midfielder in a team that has half a dozen B+ midfielders. Nothing against keeping him but he would rightly feel that game time will elude him here.

View attachment 1989939
Wouldn't be shocked if Setterfield was cut tbh

Funny thing is I’d give setterfield 3 years. At coin reflective of his role

Prime age player. Plays a role at a b+ level great depth can be best 22.

If you have setterfield, Kelly, Guelfi, Laverde types as structal depth that’s a really important thing for balance

Funny thing is I’d give setterfield 3 years. At coin reflective of his role

Prime age player. Plays a role at a b+ level great depth can be best 22.

If you have setterfield, Kelly, Guelfi, Laverde types as structal depth that’s a really important thing for balance
Zero chance he gets 3 years. He's an injury prone role player. He'd be lucky to get 2 years.

this might be bold to state, but:

why don’t we do some necromancy? resurrect coleman, make him a football playing machine (corpse). i’d wager some of our players do enough now candy that their sense of smell’s ****ed, so the rotting smell won’t affect them.

the perfect footballer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back