Game Day AFLW R1 2019 - Crows vs Dogs @Norwood (2/2/19)

Remove this Banner Ad

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFLW lovers, female-watching lovers, and people who dislike AFLW, just a reminder round 1 is about to start!
Let's get some excitement going people!

What are you hoping to see tonight? What's your predictions?

Philips and Randall to lead the charge of a team with several new faces.
Crows, by 18 points.

Want to see more of those handballs, girls!!

I'll watch the highlights when I get home.

Cant see why not, shes actually fit this year.

I live right around the corner so I'm going to go - a bit of a late start though. Have never watched AFLW before so it should be good I guess

Cant see why not, shes actually fit this year.
She looked a bit rusty in the preseason trial against Freo a fortnight ago. And I think only played 2-3 quarters of the match. I'm really keen to see how she plays out tonight. Without a doubt, Erin is our barometer!

I think there are less players on the footy field than the AFL version - 16 players in AFLW.

16 on the ground - 5 on the bench

It’s warm in the stands! The little fold up fan from work skills is a very good freebie.

Some of our players were having shots on goal down near the race and then bulldogs players came out and started having kick to kick off n the same area. Our players stopped their kicks. I would have kept kicking and if one of the bulldogs got hit, well diddums 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s warm in the stands! The little fold up fan from work skills is a very good freebie.

Some of our players were having shots on goal down near the race and then bulldogs players came out and started having kick to kick off n the same area. Our players stopped their kicks. I would have kept kicking and if one of the bulldogs got hit, well diddums 😉
I was wondering why it was a late start at 8:10pm, then I remembered the heat wave! Hopefully, would be cooler and will see a good spectacle. Anything of note with the current team doing their basic drills?

I was wondering why it was a late start at 8:10pm, then I remembered the heat wave! Hopefully, would be cooler and will see a good spectacle. Anything of note with the current team doing their basic drills?
Not really as they were down the far end for warm up. Nice cheer from the crowd as they went off and the players acknowledged it.

Also there are benches in the stand with huge broken bits of wood making them quite dangerous. How this got past the AFL to approve the ground, I don’t know.
They only approve the playing surface and media areas.

They don't give a s*** about the fans. Haven't you worked that out yet?

Go get 'em girls. Goodluck. I'm tuning in now

It's great to have the footy back.

I wonder if the AFL is going to give each of the AFLW captains $50k to promote the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back