Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Maaannn! Watched the GF with my sister yesterday arvo (nice work Peel) - her daughter is great mates with Ella Roberts, they played in the Busselton Footy Club u/17 premiership together last year, just after Ella had played in the WAFLW premiership with Peel... Ella's a dead-set Freo supporter who's already spewing knowing she's going to end up at the Eagles. :'(
Seriously that warms my heart.

what happen?
She's walked away from footy for a year to take up a promotion at work.

Given she hasn't had a great time mentally of professional football I don't expect to see her back, but hopefully she will come back for the season after next.

This is pretty alarming tbh, correct me if I'm wrong but Sabs was a diehard docker who dreamt of playing for the club?

If we can't hold onto players like that then maybe something is boiling at the club?

Duffy's move to the mids was one of our great hopes next season, this will set the club back quite a bit

Good on her. Life is bigger than football. Wish her success in to the future whether we see her back at some point or not.

She was BOG in the WAFLW Grand Final on the weekend just gone. She was playing in the midfield. Arguably the most talented footballer on our list.
Remember Neesham said that it was blessing when he got sacked and started work with Clontaf.

All best to her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude but I have to jump on and say that it won't be just Freo fans who will miss Sabrina next season. Over here in the east we don't get a heap of coverage of WA talent but solid AFLW followers know she is a star and the competition will be poorer for her absence.

Brings to light the incredible difficult choices that the players face as they currently sacrifice a fair bit just to play.

AFL need to look at a better payment structure or they will lose more stars as time goes by.

I think it’s reasonably well known that Sabreena has had some issues with her mental health. Together with her new career opportunity you can understand her choice. Hopefully she’ll play for Peel next season, keep her touch and be back for Freo the year after. Fingers crossed for her personally that she gets her mental health sorted and gets fulfilment and satisfaction from her new position. As a kid who came through the foster system it seems she wants to give back, so big props to her for deciding where her priorities lie and not being swayed by outside noise.
Devastated from a footy perspective. No Sharp, no Duffy leaves our forward line short a couple of super talented, clever, freakish, X-factor smalls to pull those impossible goals out of their backsides. 😬

In the meantime - go well Sabs. 💜

awww man, shall really miss Sabreena playing next year, genuine x-factor and exciting talent. All the best for her and any girls pursing other career opportunities, you cannot blame them. Bummer :(

Gemma is in a hurting place at the moment too, but hopefully football serves as a distraction and support.

urgh, hope she's okay. Such a tough gig this sport business. They're dropping like flies at the mo - I really hope that 2020 window where we looked dead on hasn't been and gone, feels like a real opportunity we were robbed of

Sharp and Duffy not playing next year just opens spots for Morrison, Tighe and McMahon to fill. I'm really excited to see what Morrison can bring as she just exudes x-factor and looks dangerous whenever the ball is near her (like Duffy). If Tighe can get through her injury issues I still think she could tear the competition apart. She's tall, ultra quick and very skilled. She'll make a massive difference to our team, and a male version is exactly what the men's team needs as well.

Hyde and Verrier were very good in the WAFLW Grand Final and I can see both taking another step next year, both playing more midfield/wing. Webb has taken a step via WAFLW as well, playing more inside.

The 'big' move I'd make this off-season is putting Ebony back to CHB. I'm not sure we got any more attacking play from her playing on the wing than we did in her first AFLW seasons playing down back. CHF would be the other option but I think we need to back in Roux and others to take another step.

I don't think we can go wrong getting either Rowley or Franklin with our first pick. Good talls are hard to come by and Franklin looks a quality prospect for either end of the ground. Rowley is my favourite young player apart from Roberts so my preference is her but if it doesn't happen then so be it. West Coast really need some tall targets so it is going to be an impossible choice for them. Picking 5 more after our first pick seems a lot but I don't think the WA pool is as shallow as some are saying - none at the Rowley/Franklin level but quite a few worth taking a chance on imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back