List Mgmt. AFLW List Management, Trades, Draft, Expansion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a good deal for us

We give 18, 37, 40 and McKinnon, and get 22, 26 and 33 in return

Port end up giving 4 and 21, but receiving 18 and 24

Status quo for our position vs Port, we will pick after them
That's quite an understatement! That would have to be the most shockingly bad trade we've ever done. Pathetic.
Whoever's responsible should get the sack.

That's quite an understatement! That would have to be the most shockingly bad trade we've ever done. Pathetic.
Whoever's responsible should get the sack.

Not even being able to get a second pick before Port's second is horrible

If we had ended up with 18, 22 and 37 that would have been a much better result than 22, 26 and 33

If we had ended up with 18, 22 and 37 that would have been a much better result than 22, 26 and 33
Effectively, we've paid someone to take McKinnon, haven't we? What a trade!

It's so bad that I can't help thinking that we have been confused so much by the 11-team process that we didn't actually know what we were doing.

Why the hell would we agree to that deal just defies logic .
Lose a player lose ground .
Understand they might have players in mind ,but you don't give players away to go backwards in draft..

Not a good deal for us

We give 18, 37, 40 and McKinnon, and get 22, 26 and 33 in return

Port end up giving 4 and 21, but receiving 18 and 24

Status quo for our position vs Port, we will pick after them
Who on Earth thought giving up a player to be first ruck at an opponent and moving BACK in the draft was a good deal?
Every other club would have gained a top 15 pick for McKinnon.
That's beyond poor. It's dumb.

Here is a question - who is responsible for our talent ID, drafting and list management in the womens program?

Remember there is only 2 players nominated for SA Pool. Window & Boileau.

After that all picks are National. All clubs weren't told what other clubs receiving. Our 2nd Round Picks are better quality. All players got to requested clubs,

No Rennie stalemate like in previous Draft. Who thinks we should have hung McKinnon out to dry as Richmond wasn't giving us pick 11.

Iam really dumbfounded. Clearly dont understand the logic of moving a very good player to Richmond and move down the trade table. Just not logical. At least its not to me.

Using mens draft values per pick we appear to have given McKinnon away for high 30s but at start of trades of you said we keep Gould and prowse and lose McKinnon you would take that all day everyday

Ps that mega trade was ridiculous with 11 clubs and picks going left right and centre

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha Phil Harper displaying all his f*****g genius as an administrator.

Richmond only gave pick 29 for her then all the pick washing & extra picks turned it into 26!!! 😂.

Like I said before this is a half-hearted, barebones football department that’s just basically some dozy life-long administrator that is still with an organisation because he saw some emails once and forgot to delete them sitting in a small cubicle not really thinking he has to do anything other than ticking some boxes so a team of 21 players runs out during the season. Not to forget he only got the role in the first place because he was the only one at the football club who’d known women's football existed because he was hanging around the Happy Valley football club when they played some games there.

"In another change to Adelaide’s list, midfielder Hannah Button has been delisted, with the Club to consider re-selecting her in the AFLW Draft on Monday."
One of the only wins from this off-season is if she stays delisted, someone at the club must’ve watched back the prelim from last year as prep for the finals and saw her give up 3 of Brisbane’s first 5 goals and think what even is this?

Who on Earth thought giving up a player to be first ruck at an opponent and moving BACK in the draft was a good deal?
Every other club would have gained a top 15 pick for McKinnon.
That's beyond poor. It's dumb.

Here is a question - who is responsible for our talent ID, drafting and list management in the womens program?
IMG_3116.jpeg

Would be interesting who moderated the trade. Dogs got the low numbers. Don't worry their No 1 choices have all moved on Huntington to GWS & Newton to Freo

Harper was probably just happy to unlock the deal by giving 18 to Port not realising the implications.
Just some absolute shitiness the Crows original pick is going to be used to pick up Piper Window.

Rookie central seems to think we have done ok. Will get second sa avail talent and others via national pool
That was going to happen anyway without any trades happening, they’ve basically just gone through this whole exercise to give Richmond a player, ensure Port still has a pick before them and move back and stay with the same players they were going to have access to in the first place if they didn’t give up anything.

Harper was probably just happy to unlock the deal by giving 18 to Port not realising the implications.

I mean, surely not? I can buy us being a bit lazy and disinterested, but not idiotic like that.

If I'm going to be super charitable (although goodness knows why), if the situation was such that Port was always going to have their first pick before us, then moving our first pick backwards (while still staying in front of their second) in order to move the rest of our picks up is at least a minor gain. Still pick one of the SA talent with our first pick, and then have better picks for the national draft.

But I don't see any reason to assume that is the case. It makes me wonder - if we had simply said "no deal, McKinnon goes to the draft", or hell, even just accepted pick 29, would Port have ended up behind our pick 18? If so, it seems almost incomprehensible that we did the trade.

If this had just been pick swaps without McKinnon involved I would be disappointed in it, let alone losing McKinnon as well. It's kind of baffling.

Minimum of 4 Positions are available for the Draft. We had 32 with 2 Inactive. Off List #3 Ward, #6 Button, #21 McKinnon, #22 Whitely, #24 Dowrick and #31 Bonner.

No mention has been made of #18 Smith signed as temporary replacement for Button or Dowrick.

In Feb we could make a decision on Ballard to be Inactive for ACL

Having a close look at the 11 club trade, West Coast gave up picks 23 and 24 to get 14 and 38

We ended up getting picks 22 and 26

Why on earth could we not have received pick 14 and 38 or some equivalent instead of 22 and 26?

I'm guessing it's because Port wouldn't have agreed to their pick slide, which is pretty spineless of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back