List Mgmt. AFLW List Management, Trades, Draft, Expansion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

When did she say this?

I heard her say that going to Port "feels like coming home" but that's a very different statement to saying that the Criws never felt like home. I might have misses an interview where she said the latter though?

People who are home cannot come home.

What do you think the purpose of the statement was?

SA under 18's women's team won the National Champs so there should be a few good players to help Port start things ok, unless they're under ages but you would think Port would have a few years of get the best few SA players before we get a chance.

People who are home cannot come home.

What do you think the purpose of the statement was?

Home can clearly have two meanings in this context. If I grow up in one place, but then move to a different place for work or any other reason, I can build a life there, and it can become my home. I can very much love my time there. Nonetheless, years later, if I then return to the place I grew up, you would refer to that as coming home. It wouldn't mean that the place I just spent years at wasn't my home, or that I "never felt at home" there.

I think the purpose of her statement was pretty clear. She grew up loving Port Adelaide. She spent parts of her childhood literally in the changerooms. She is coming back home to the club that her family has been involved with since before she was even born.

That is a very different statement than saying "I never felt at home at the Crows."

SA under 18's women's team won the National Champs so there should be a few good players to help Port start things ok, unless they're under ages but you would think Port would have a few years of get the best few SA players before we get a chance.

The best players in the SA U18 team are not eligible to be drafted this year, as far as I know. There are still some quality players in there.

Our key players are Sarah Allan, Chelsea Randall, Anne Hatchard, Ebony Marinoff. Eloise Jones and Ash Woodland. If we keep all of these players we will be flag favourites (not that the AFL media has ever acknowledged the quality of our squad).

I wish Erin all the best for the future and she will always be a three times AFLW Premiership player 😃.
I agree with all of those but would also add Ponter, McKinnon, Biddell and Martin.

Home can clearly have two meanings in this context. If I grow up in one place, but then move to a different place for work or any other reason, I can build a life there, and it can become my home. I can very much love my time there. Nonetheless, years later, if I then return to the place I grew up, you would refer to that as coming home. It wouldn't mean that the place I just spent years at wasn't my home, or that I "never felt at home" there.

I think the purpose of her statement was pretty clear. She grew up loving Port Adelaide. She spent parts of her childhood literally in the changerooms. She is coming back home to the club that her family has been involved with since before she was even born.

That is a very different statement than saying "I never felt at home at the Crows."

It has one meaning. Especially in the context.

She was deliberately contrasting the new club, the one that she expressly said she would recruit for, to the old club who she would poach from. She knew how that would be perceived, and she knew full well that pictures of her in our guernsey saying Port Adelaide is the club that feels like home would be plastered over the AFL media.

Denying that she was doing this is pointless.

Erin doesn't love our football club- so be it. Let those of us who do defend it.

We had some great years with her, and she played a major role in all of our flags and they are some happy memories and always will be.

But, she plays for the enemy now, she has chosen to play for them - don't for a second think Port dangled a huge pay packet in front of her to entice her there. The fact is if Port and Crows existed at the same time at the start of AFLW, she would have chosen them without a second's hesitation. She didn't choose us at the inception of AFLW, we were her only option.

Those who feel they are home, don’t ever feel the need to leave.

Especially than yo say they are “going home”

Those people were never really at home in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Angela Foley is off to Port Adelaide

That's a shame. There had been rumours about it. Still, not a disaster. She's 33 already and coming off an ACL, and plays in the area of the ground we performed best this year. Sucks to lose her but 2022 already demonstrated she is replaceable on field, and we have plenty of leadership back there already in Randall, Allan and Rajcic.

Does anyone know if there a limit on how many players we can lose to one expansion team and how many we can lose in total to all expansion teams this year.

The AFL still hasn't said, but if it's like the last expansion round we can lose up to eight as expansion signings. Any losses beyond that would require trades and for the player to be out of contract.

No limit (beyond the eight overall) on how many we can lose to one club.

That's a shame. There had been rumours about it. Still, not a disaster. She's 33 already and coming off an ACL, and plays in the area of the ground we performed best this year. Sucks to lose her but 2022 already demonstrated she is replaceable on field, and we have plenty of leadership back there already in Randall, Allan and Rajcic.
Yep another one that doesn't hurt in the long term

So that's two relatively senior signings for Port, probably will be their captain and vice captain.

With some luck, those two have taken the big bucks. Clubs are allowed to nominate two players to give additional payments two outside of the salary cap, hopefully that's Phillips and Foley, which means we are competing on a relatively level playing field in terms of salary for retaining other players.

So that's two relatively senior signings for Port, probably will be their captain and vice captain.

With some luck, those two have taken the big bucks. Clubs are allowed to nominate two players to give additional payments two outside of the salary cap, hopefully that's Phillips and Foley, which means we are competing on a relatively level playing field in terms of salary for retaining other players.

Port Powah Woman going for the Geelong look, signing a 37 and 33 year old as their first two players.

It's probably wise of Port they are going to have a super young team they need experience and leadership.

I have about 7 Crows players in my head which I believe are our main keys to success and if we can hold on to them we'll be fine, if any of them leave I'll be gutted.

I never included Philips as I always knew she was either leaving or retiring.

Will be interested if Phillips gets more of her basketball friends to come join Port.

The last time Port went through an expansion process they lost Chad Cornes and Brogan, so maybe they think they have to start at the oldest and work their way down the list

You'd think they would be targeting 26-29 y.o's that have leadership experience but will still be playing in five years time as the juniors develop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back