List Mgmt. AFLW List Management, Trades, Draft, Expansion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, thanks, just saw it, 25 minutes too late.

Scorpus or Drugs Are Bad Mackay? , can you please merge? I dunno how.
Thanks.

I've redirected it here, posters should also see something on the main forum which will hopefully direct a bit of traffic into the AFLW forum!

Do we create new traditions at AFC:
A. Like basketball retire the Number;
B. Like Collingwood give it to Adelaide's AFLW first pick each season; or
C. Not do anything special.

So who do we think is likely to go from our main squad - assuming 4-6 starters
My thoughts are Ponter, Stevie Lee, Munyard and Gould
Hopefully we hold onto Jones, Allen, Charlton and Woodland. Keep our key pillars and we should be right around the mark again next season

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

She grew up there as a kid, besides she had all grown up success here.

Just wait until they suck, she’s not competing, and you’ll probably find her heart drifts back to the scene of all her success
That is not what she is about, she is home now as you first mentioned, she grew up there as a kid. Alberton was, and is her home away from home.

Thanks for looking after her and allowing her to show what a sporting and human champion she is. She's come full circle now.

Unlike all the flogs that have left us over the years... Dangerfield, Tippett, Gunston and many more - you cannot wish Erin anything but the best.

Because she leaves us a triple premiership player, a star of the competition and a player that gave us her all. She couldn't have done more for the club. So she can leave with our best wishes.

Wish her the best? What best? Poaching our players? Beating us in Showdowns? Maybe a power premiership? I don't wish her those things.

I hope she remains injury free, but otherwise I hope she never plays in another win.

That is not what she is about, she is home now as you first mentioned, she grew up there as a kid. Alberton was, and is her home away from home.

Thanks for looking after her and allowing her to show what a sporting and human champion she is. She's come full circle now.

1 Corinthians 13:11

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a (wo)man, I put away childish things. ;)

Wish her the best? What best? Poaching our players? Beating us in Showdowns? Maybe a power premiership? I don't wish her those things.

I hope she remains injury free, but otherwise I hope she never plays in another win.

I'm perfectly happy for her to play in plenty of wins, as long as they're not against us and don't lead to a premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port's AFLW has a bit of a flavour of Port circa 97/GC17/GWS.

Expansion club, hasn't existed long enough to ruffle any of my feathers, it's kind of cute that they're trying like when the 3 year old tries to help mum make dinner.

Hard to take them seriously enough (for the moment) to ruffle my feathers. Presumably that time will come.

Port's AFLW has a bit of a flavour of Port circa 97/GC17/GWS.

Expansion club, hasn't existed long enough to ruffle any of my feathers, it's kind of cute that they're trying like when the 3 year old tries to help mum make dinner.

Hard to take them seriously enough (for the moment) to ruffle my feathers. Presumably that time will come.

No, I don't agree.

The Port womens team will be incorporated into the sneering culture that the rest of their club has. Erin making statements suggesting that she never felt like our club was home even after winning three premierships there will be used against us in every respect.

This is our arch rival, this is not the inoffensive gold coast.

See I found Port very inoffensive until that early 2000s period when they started showing a pulse.

Every now and then if you get a replay of Darryl Poole, Bowen Lockwood and Stephen Paxman running around I get a bit of a smile.

Should just retire from playing and go there as their coach. Going to hurt her legacy now more than enhance it. The game is moving past her.

Erin making statements suggesting that she never felt like our club was home even after winning three premierships there will be used against us in every respect.

When did she say this?

I heard her say that going to Port "feels like coming home" but that's a very different statement to saying that the Criws never felt like home. I might have misses an interview where she said the latter though?

So who do we think is likely to go from our main squad - assuming 4-6 starters
My thoughts are Ponter, Stevie Lee, Munyard and Gould
Hopefully we hold onto Jones, Allen, Charlton and Woodland. Keep our key pillars and we should be right around the mark again next season

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've heard Ponter and Thompson being bandied around as being the other players to potentially switch.

Ponter will be a massive loss if she decides to leave.

Our key players are Sarah Allan, Chelsea Randall, Anne Hatchard, Ebony Marinoff. Eloise Jones and Ash Woodland. If we keep all of these players we will be flag favourites (not that the AFL media has ever acknowledged the quality of our squad).

I wish Erin all the best for the future and she will always be a three times AFLW Premiership player 😃.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back