AFLW AFLW Players -v- AFL Players Comparison: Who is their counterpart?

Remove this Banner Ad

After our inaugural AFLW game + historic win last night, thought we might have a bit of fun comparing AFL + AFLW counterpart players by position. Or to discuss/compare our AFLW Players with past Geelong players.

As an example BlakeyNoFlakey + I thought we saw a bit of Scarlo about Meg McDonald.

Today, I've been considering which player Morrison is most like. . .Selwood? Dangerfield? Dusty? Fyfe? Sloane?

To refresh memories:
AFLW Round 1 Team
B: 40. Anna Teague, 44. Bec Goring, 4. Cassie Blakeway
HB: 28. Denby Taylor, 11. Meghan McDonald, 21. Becky Webster
C: 12. Renee Garing
HF: 27. Sophie Van De Heuvel, 26. Maddie Boyd, 9. Nina Morrison
F: 8. Kate Darby, 23. Phoebe McWilliams, 5. Jordan Ivey
R: 14. Aasta O’Connor, 6. Julia Crockett-Grills, 16. Olivia Purcell
I/C: 45. Maddy Keryk, 2, Danielle Orr, 24. Maddy McMahon, 13. Maighan Fogas, 7. Mia-Rae Clifford
Emerg: 10. Georgie Rankin, 1. Rene Caris

safe_image.php

Who do you think, Geelong AFLW's counterpart is from Geelong AFL?

After our inaugural AFLW game + historic win last night, thought we might have a bit of fun comparing AFL + AFLW counterpart players by position. Or to discuss/compare our AFLW Players with past Geelong players.

As an example BlakeyNoFlakey + I thought we saw a bit of Scarlo about Meg McDonald.

Today, I've been considering which player Morrison is most like. . .Selwood? Dangerfield? Dusty? Fyfe? Sloane?

To refresh memories:
AFLW Round 1 Team
B: 40. Anna Teague, 44. Bec Goring, 4. Cassie Blakeway
HB: 28. Denby Taylor, 11. Meghan McDonald, 21. Becky Webster
C: 12. Renee Garing
HF: 27. Sophie Van De Heuvel, 26. Maddie Boyd, 9. Nina Morrison
F: 8. Kate Darby, 23. Phoebe McWilliams, 5. Jordan Ivey
R: 14. Aasta O’Connor, 6. Julia Crockett-Grills, 16. Olivia Purcell
I/C: 45. Maddy Keryk, 2, Danielle Orr, 24. Maddy McMahon, 13. Maighan Fogas, 7. Mia-Rae Clifford
Emerg: 10. Georgie Rankin, 1. Rene Caris

safe_image.php

Who do you think, Geelong AFLW's counterpart is from Geelong AFL?

I have heard Morrison described as Fyfe like ..do they mean visually? From the little I saw she seemed to be a ground player with a good side step. I think we need to see them more to get a good handle on the comparisons..

I have heard Morrison described as Fyfe like ..do they mean visually? From the little I saw she seemed to be a ground player with a good side step. I think we need to see them more to get a good handle on the comparisons..

I'm not so sure about the appearance TC, in the AFLW Rd1 thread, someone posted a pic of Nina + Buzza, which, when looking at their hair, makes them more alike.

For the purposes of this thread, I hadn't considered similar appearance comparisons, but that would be great fun!

Let's hope none of them look like Lingy.
Ha! Do you remember when Nicole Dodds was on the AFL Footy Show a few years ago + defended criticism of Ling's appearance? She was so sweet! Just adores him!

But, I'm with you Max, no Ling look-alikes please!

Is Purcell the AFLW's Max Rooke?

I'll have to watch her more in future games. Although Purcell was mentioned by some, I only noticed a couple of her Disposals, so I'm not qualified to say. I was mesmerised by Morrison, Boyd, McMahon, Orr, McDonald + Clifford lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously Mcdonald has to be Scarlett.
Nina Morrison reminds me of a younger version of the main chick out of Wentworth.
She is pretty good looking.

The 39yr old women playing for the pies made Ling look like a super model

Cecilia McIntosh?
481765-tlslargeportrait.jpg

There were a couple of Pies AFLW players who were Dane Swan doppelgängers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back