Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Eerie silence from all those types who claimed Clarko not giving Rusty a quote after the big fella emailed contact at nmfc.com.au ten minutes before going live = Clarko not having the guts to face his accusers = Clarko must be guilty.

Yeah you would think that it would have been a better course of action.

Hopefully in the next couple of days the aggrieved and Fagan and Clarkson can all reach some sort of peace.

and the Hawthorn football club can burn to the ground.

I strongly suspect they will unite to find the real racism and racists at that club once Clarko and Fagan say yes, in retrospect we see now how our behaviour wasn't culturally appropriate and certyainly not anything we'd do at our current gigs where you blokes know we are very well regarded by our indigenous players and fellow coaches.

Doubt it. This will never leave them
entirely depends on their approach to it on a more personal level. there's very much ways of processing, working through, and working past any negative expereince that we encounter. they all vary in their challenges, and the factors involved. You could argue it will never leave them in the way it will always be something they have experienced, that's obviously undeniable. But how it effects them going forward can be very different.

www.heraldsun.com.au

Hawks to be urged to apologise at mediation over racism allegations​

Mark Robinson, Michael Warner

4 - 5 minutes

Hawthorn will be urged to apologise and acknowledge that racism took place at the club as part of official mediation starting on Tuesday.
But the prospect of successful conciliation is considered dim, according to one source, because accused former Hawthorn officials Alastair Clarkson, Chris Fagan and Jason Burt have strongly rejected claims of racism made by First Nations players and their partners.
All parties are required to attend the mediation – or send a legal representative – meaning coaches Clarkson and Fagan could come face-to-face with some of their accusers for the first time since the saga erupted.
The Indigenous families at the centre of the scandal will push for Hawthorn to adopt the fabric of Collingwood’s “Do Better” report, and offer a formal apology to all of its past players confronted by racism at the club.
The establishment of a formal “truth-telling” framework, put in place by the Magpies, is also being sought.
Compensation to all affected parties, including the three Hawthorn officials and the Indigenous families, will be central to the negotiations in Melbourne on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Hawks set aside $1.5 million in their annual report late last year, money earmarked for legal expenses and potential compensation payments.
However, a sticking point over whether a settlement is reached this week could involve the size of the payments and the wording of public statements and proposed apologies.
A Hawthorn spokesman confirmed a club delegation, led by president Andy Gowers and chief executive Ashley Klein, would be present at the talks at an undisclosed location.
“We continue to work in good faith through the Australian Human Rights Commission process and as we have said previously we want to see the matter resolved fairly for everyone involved,” the club said.
But Hawks great Don Scott believes “heads should roll” from the Gowers board if compensation payments are made.
“They’ve set aside $1.5 million and I reckon it’s already cost them that again in legal representation – so somebody has got to fall on their sword,” Scott said.
“Why have they got to pay this money out when the AFL said they have got no case to answer? It’s not their money – it is club and members’ money, but it’s easy to give away when it’s not yours. The Hawthorn members have been hoodwinked.”
Should the talks fail, the racism dispute could be headed to a Federal Court hearing.

North Melbourne’s head of football Todd Viney confirmed on Saturday that Clarkson would be absent from the club this week to attend the talks.
“For a footy preparation point of view, it’s not ideal, but we’ve got a really good staff of people to make sure we can get prepared as best we can,’’ Viney told the ABC.

“The bigger picture is that hopefully it can be put to bed and they can sit down altogether and get a resolution to the long-running saga.’’

Phil Egan, the author of Hawthorn’s Binmada report that triggered the crisis, will not attend the mediation sessions.

The scandal has caused great division at Hawthorn and shattered numerous relationships within the AFL industry.

Gowers was the club’s football director at the time of some of the alleged racial incidents.

Former Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett said last year the fact the Hawthorn board was considering making compensation payments was “absolutely absurd”.

This headline's only purpose is to scare the accused away by implying they'll need to apologise if they attend the meeting.

Cooler heads, open chat an no expectations is what's allowed this meeting to go ahead.

A headline like this right before the talks is nothing but an attempt to derail it. He's an utter fkhead.

This headline's only purpose is to scare the accused away by implying they'll need to apologise if they attend the meeting.

Cooler heads, open chat an no expectations is what's allowed this meeting to go ahead.

A headline like this right before the talks is nothing but an attempt to derail it. He's an utter fkhead.
I doubt the accused or anyone involved gives a flying fundamental about what’s in that rag.

I doubt the accused or anyone involved gives a flying fundamental about what’s in that rag.

Yeah the terms of the meeting will have been hammered out in excruciating detail before anyone sits down.

That they've all committed to privacy, signing stat decs etc, is telling

this is such a misleading clickbait headline - in the first instance you don't "face" the Human Rights Commission, they are attending without prejudice conciliation

It's this sort of stuff which illustrates how poor governance is in the AFL - this is the governing body acting as a media outlet to generate ad revenue, against the interests of one of its constituent clubs.

If I had Andrew Forrest-type money, I'd give the club a blank cheque to take this crap on at law - just despicable

Any progress update here? Not a lot in the news, only the Hersaldsun has reported anything of note, nothing from afl, news.com.au, foxfooty, sen etc. Doesn't seem to be a big thing for the tabloids...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m confused. Didn’t Cyril refer to Clarko as a father figure and basically part of his family and the alleged racist against Cyril was the President at the time?

How has this become Cyril vs Clarko?..

That doesn't sound top encouraging
I heard Jay Clark trying to breakdown the elements of the substance testing scandal currently doing the rounds. He has no more information than anyone else and he got so many of the facts wrong it was startling.

These journalist are so loose with their language and facts. It’s incredible that 1. Anyone takes them seriously anymore 2. That they’re not taken to court every other day.

I wouldn’t trust a word he says based on his reporting today. And I’ve never had any issues with him before I think he’s probably been a North sympathiser to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back