Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

When opposition sides get a run on we panic and rarely hold the ball and slow the game down. That's what i was referring to. We didn't do it much early in the year but seem to be doing it more now.

Or we do.but we can only do it in our defensive 50 and can't find the kicks that will at least get it onto a wing. So when the turnover eventually happens it's already in their forward half

Or we do.but we can only do it in our defensive 50 and can't find the kicks that will at least get it onto a wing. So when the turnover eventually happens it's already in their forward half
In the third quarter, where we lost the game there were two turnovers in their forward half that resulted in goals and they came from situations where we didn't do that but dump kicked the ball. Then Wardlaw turned it over a metre their side of the wing from a poor kick and one of them kicked a goal but iirc you don't like us mentioning it when young players turn it over like that so i'll just say it was LMac instead.

Last edited:
In the third quarter, where we lost the game there were two turnovers in their forward half that resulted in goals and they came from situations where we didn't do that but dump kicked the ball. Then Wardlaw turned it over a metre their side of the wing from a poor kick and one of them kicked a goal but iirc you don't like us mentioning it when young players turn it over like that so i'll just say it was LMac instead.

Lol I was agreeing with you. It takes confidence to retain possession, and if you can't get it out of your defensive 50 quickly then options close off, and you either turn it over close to goal or are forced to dump kick.

Luke has been pretty solid the last month or so too

When opposition sides get a run on we panic and rarely hold the ball and slow the game down. That's what i was referring to. We didn't do it much early in the year but seem to be doing it more now.
I found it interesting that Dermott Brereton on a number of occasions highlighted when our players failed to take the split second first option on transition, and he suggests that's something we need to do to cut the opposition open. It's true what he's saying, we do need to be able to take those options to become a great team. However, I also suspect it's by design that our players have slowed down our ball movement a little bit recently to try to reduce the impact of turnovers.

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Have defended this bloke, however someone needs to have a word to him and tell him enough is enough.

The club simply cannot have any more instability or negative press. Meant to be a bye week and out of the spotlight.

Now it will be a week of Pile on, Clarko will cop a suspension of a couple games and even more instability occurs.

Pretty poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a absolute joke, would not have been directed at umpires, more as a passionate supporter. Seems like a bit of a vendetta

Yep absolute joke! Now the media painting the picture that he “abused” the umpire. Give us a break FFS…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back