Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

It's really just a rhetorical question ... but why couldn't we have played the trial against Carlton at Alberton Oval on a Saturday afternoon? A Friday evening (starting at 7pm) at Footy Park (no apologies for not calling it AAMI) for a trial game was never going to pull any sort of crowd (it was even worse than I expected) and Footy Park looks shocking with all those empty seats. And speaking of those seats, they're also cold as a graveyard in winter. And while I'm at it, if we play a trial game at Alberton, why not wear the traditional PAFC prison bar guernsey for that game ... surely the AFL wouldn't cease to exist if we did that??? Or would it be all too much for - as Eddie W calls him - the boring bean counter from Thebarton?

It would have my support. Hell more people went to the Port v Sturt game at Alberton (where everyone paid) than the Port v Carlton game at FP (where most would have got in free), that alone should tell someone something!

Originally posted by Ford Fairlane
It's really just a rhetorical question ... but why couldn't we have played the trial against Carlton at Alberton Oval on a Saturday afternoon?

Don't you people get it? This was the Wizard Cup Regional Challenge. Taking the football to the masses. What is more regional than Pleurisy Park? Why would the boring bean counter from the Barton allow people to stand at the footy? They might get excited, involved, yell a bit. There were corporate considerations here. Like ensuring Max and Leigh and Glen got the fridge adequately stocked for their Tuesday night poker game.

Re: Re: Alberton Oval

Originally posted by Eddie Woloschek
Don't you people get it? This was the Wizard Cup Regional Challenge. Taking the football to the masses. What is more regional than Pleurisy Park? Why would the boring bean counter from the Barton allow people to stand at the footy? They might get excited, involved, yell a bit. There were corporate considerations here. Like ensuring Max and Leigh and Glen got the fridge adequately stocked for their Tuesday night poker game.

I'm sorry ... what was I thinking ... ? Obviously I mixed up football and corporateball ... ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back