All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combining this with his twitter comments last night makes Tony Khan sound like he's super emotional.

more likely to believe Conrad over Bischoff.

more likely to believe Conrad over Bischoff.

Conrad hadn't posted this when I originally shared the link....

So I stand corrected on the events of Tony's Birthday-- but I'll also stand by my comments that Tony Khan is super emotional and as an owner for a wrestling company shouldn't really being getting into twitter banter with wrestlers.

Conrad hadn't posted this when I originally shared the link....

So I stand corrected on the events of Tony's Birthday-- but I'll also stand by my comments that Tony Khan is super emotional and as an owner for a wrestling company shouldn't really being getting into twitter banter with wrestlers.

I really really like AEW but to see people so quick to defend this guy but continually harass the creator of so many big things in wrestling is weird.

Orange Cassidy, Jimmy Havoc, Joey Janela, Jungle Boy, Pentagon Jnr & MJF all get jobber entrances during the ad break for the Battle Royal—- but Billy Gunn gets his own entrance and theme music.

Who booked this s**t?

Last edited:
This Battle Royal is horribly overbooked—- first we get an interference from Christopher Daniels pretending you be Fenix eliminating Penta

then we get Jimmy Havoc eliminated and then using a stapler on half the field— WTF it’s a Battle Royal, not a Hardcore match

Then Spears runs down & attacks Janella.

...and we’re not even half way through.We don’t need to let everyone get their s**t in every time their on TV.

EDIT: Now Wardlow comes down to distract Billy Gunn. What is this the ‘Run in’ Battle Royal??

EDIT2: ...and now the cliche ‘fake out’ Winner/Final 2 where MJF was forgotten about. Seriously—what is AEW thinking??

Last edited:
This Battle Royal is horribly overbooked—- first we get an interference from Christopher Daniels pretending you be Fenix eliminating Penta

then we get Jimmy Havoc eliminated and then using a stapler on half the field— WTF it’s a Battle Royal, not a Hardcore match

Then Spears runs down & attacks Janella.

...and we’re not even half way through.We don’t need to let everyone get their s**t in every time their on TV.

EDIT: Now Wardlow comes down to distract Billy Gunn. What is this the ‘Run in’ Battle Royal??

EDIT2: ...and now the cliche ‘fake out’ Winner/Final 2 where MJF was forgotten about. Seriously—what is AEW thinking??

Are they competing for anything? I didn't notice anywhere if there is a title shot or anything on the line.

Are they competing for anything? I didn't notice anywhere if there is a title shot or anything on the line.

The final 2 compete in Chicago next week for a ‘Diamond Ring’— but they didn’t explain what the ring is for; if it’s just a prize in itself or leads to a title match

That Fenix vs Jackson match was phenomenal.

Edit: Shida Baker match was also good. So glad Shida won. My new fave

I liked The Dark Order clip. They desperately need some sort of explanation of wtf they are about.

loved the Billy Gunn pop. No harm in a nostalgia entrant when a. They’re in amazing condition and b. They don’t bury anyone.

MJF is just such a good arsehole.

Jericho roasting everyone backstage was good fun. Shame TNT viewers didn’t see it. I couldn’t care less what his big announcement is. Whatever he does on the mic is gold. The whole segment was great and I love the Scorpio Sky push.

A way better show than last week. I really enjoyed it. Probably the most enjoyable Dynamite overall.

Last edited:
I didn't hate the battle royal but yeah was weirdly booked if you think about it. Just alot of guys they've made me instantly care about there.. Page, Janela, MJF etc.
I actually liked the Billy Gunn stuff, nostalgia is fine.

Main event was pretty sick, Allin's theme is nice. Needs to add some size.

Edit - Allin apparently 173cm and 83kgs... wiki has Janela as very similar size. One has to be wrong lol

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The final 2 compete in Chicago next week for a ‘Diamond Ring’— but they didn’t explain what the ring is for; if it’s just a prize in itself or leads to a title match

Presumably it’s just a prize, like the Battlebowl ring in WCW. Hopefully it’s not a MITB type of thing, although if it is then make it so they have to give notice to cash in.

Yeah I love Allin but he’s tiny compared to the main eventers

Haha yeah it's funny though few people on reddit were discussing. I mean I never really realised when he was with WWE but Mox is 193 and 100 kgs.. that's a big boy.

Blokes like Edge and the Hardy's always looked like real average sized guys 10-15 years ago. Now put them next to WWE or AEW talent and they're the bigger guys. Lots of shorter guys now and not as much juice.

Billy Gunn was always massive but couldn't get over as a singles guy and everyone is saying how he towered over everyone in the battle royal. Probably because he is actually ******* massive lol.

Haha yeah it's funny though few people on reddit were discussing. I mean I never really realised when he was with WWE but Mox is 193 and 100 kgs.. that's a big boy.

Blokes like Edge and the Hardy's always looked like real average sized guys 10-15 years ago. Now put them next to WWE or AEW talent and they're the bigger guys. Lots of shorter guys now and not as much juice.

Billy Gunn was always massive but couldn't get over as a singles guy and everyone is saying how he towered over everyone in the battle royal. Probably because he is actually ******* massive lol.

I follow Billy Gunn on Instagram. He’s in such good shape. Besties with Mike O’Hearn

AEW is feeling like a chore to get through for me. Jericho and Cody are really the only two worth seeing.

First match was way too over the top. Second match was fairly terrible. Still no promo time being given in the ring unless your Jericho or Cody.

The Omega promo was so damn cringey. I just don’t understand the hype about this guy, not really sure what the appeal is.

It seems like they’re going to progress storylines on BTE which is ******* stupid. I’m prepared to put in 2 hours to watch your shitty gymnastic matches, the least they could do is put some storyline development throughout the show.

Proud n Powerful just don’t seem to fit the Inner Circle image.

The battle Royal was complete s**t. Billy Gunn looked bigger and better than every other guy in that ring, that is not a good look at all.

I’m beginning to think AEW isn’t for me.

Uhhh... about that...

EDGE-wwe-16795345-800-1203.jpg

...and yes I'm aware that Edge looked very average 10 years ago. :p

On the flip side it helps those that are huge stand out and feel like a big deal like Haggar and Luchasaurus.

NXT pulled out all the stops and finally beat AEW in the ratings. 916,000 to 893,000.

AEW won every demo except the 55+

Was shocked NXT didn’t win last week. They had to win this week. It was practically AEW vs Raw, Smackdown and NXT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back