All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Gage is a guy who should’ve made millions for what he’s given to wrestling, I’d love to see a couple more matches with Kingston & Moxley.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't mind some blood and guts every now and then. Jericho made Nick look a million bucks.

Punk to debut Sept 1 and lead the Dark Order.

"American Dragon" Bryan Danielson to debut Sept 22 in NYC and replaces Jericho in the Inner Circle as Fozzy go on tour towards Nov/Dec as they're coming to Australia early 2022 supporting Buckcherry.

I like page's entrance really needs to drop the dark order though.the "elite" entrance was crap. (Really crappy movie btw).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not much of a fan of this week's. Jericho/Gage was a lot, maybe the booking of the ten man will all be okay in the end but God it seemed bad in the moment, and the injury clearly derailed the much-anticipated FTR/Santana & Ortiz match.

Felt to me like now was the time to pull the trigger on Page. Omega/Christian seems like it's main eventing the PPV, and I see that as a huge step down (I guess Punk's return to the ring is what they're anticipating being the big draw for that show).

Not much of a fan of this week's. Jericho/Gage was a lot, maybe the booking of the ten man will all be okay in the end but God it seemed bad in the moment, and the injury clearly derailed the much-anticipated FTR/Santana & Ortiz match.

Felt to me like now was the time to pull the trigger on Page. Omega/Christian seems like it's main eventing the PPV, and I see that as a huge step down (I guess Punk's return to the ring is what they're anticipating being the big draw for that show).

Hangman should have won the world title at All Out in September. It is the right time.

Finally got home to watch it.

Jesus they really are smashing it out of the park lately in almost all areas.

Survivor series match was great and I’m invested. I also have no idea what happens next.

Disappointing for LAX and FTR. Not the way they would of wanted it to go. Hopefully Cash is ok.

Britt Baker rules.

If Punk isn’t on the Rampage “1st dance” then they have no one to blame themselves for the riot that will come. From the title of the show, to the close up of the crowd screaming CM Punk as well as Darby Allen’s promo it’s being confirmed without being confirmed

Great to see King Haku. His son his fricken huge, though green. Great to see Archer get a dominant run.

Loved Cody being cut off from one of his 10 min emotional promos. He will be heel in a few weeks.

Miro is gods favourite champion. That is all.

I’m over HFO, don’t care. Move onto the Christian Jungle Boy story.

Thunder Rosa is over. Julia Hart has a future huge baby face, but green. It was ok.

Mox promo was great. He has been money since he joined AEW.

Not the biggest fan of these “death match” type matches but both Jericho and Gage did a great job telling a story.
So is he becoming The Lion Heart” for the 3rd trial?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During Thursday afternoon’s second-quarter financials call, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon was asked about AEW signing released WWE talent. Vince responded by saying:

"It's certainly not a situation where it's rising tides because Ted Turner was coming after us with all of Time Warner assets as well. It was a different situation. AEW is where they are. I don't really know what their plans are, all I know is what our plans are. I don't consider them competition in the way that I considered WCW back in the day. Not even near close to that. I'm not so sure what their investments are as far as their talent is concerned. Perhaps, we can give them some more."

President and Chief Revenue Officer Nick Kahn also added a few comments, stating:

"The way we look at these situations, it's sort of like a horserace where the horse has blinders on. We're looking straight ahead and in our lane and making sure we stay in front of the pack. At the same time, everything is our competition. Someone had a line a couple of weeks ago that we chuckled about, 'sleep is our competition.' If it was up to us, people would be up 24 hours a day watching content from different content providers, hopefully, including ours. We don't look at any organization particularly as competition, yet we see everything as competitive in terms of what we're trying to do in terms of eyeballs."

Judging by those comments Vince and WWE don't give a single * about " Ratings Wars" that the fans and the Bryan Alvarez of the worlds are.

Probably explains why he let Jericho appear on Broken Skull and that in the end they released / let Black, Rusev, Andrade, Christian, Big Show , Henry etc and most likely Bryan go also.

People bag the s**t out of Vince and yeah I think he is out of touch in terms of how Raw is booked for sure but whenever you listen to most podcasts people always seem to talk highly about him and he doesn't really stand in anyone's way if they have a chance to make more money elsewhere.

With all the technology , streaming services , social media ratings are almost irrelevant and as fans we are pretty lucky that we have so many options to see so much talent do their thing.

Judging by those comments Vince and WWE don't give a single fu** about " Ratings Wars" that the fans and the Bryan Alvarez of the worlds are.

Probably explains why he let Jericho appear on Broken Skull and that in the end they released / let Black, Rusev, Andrade, Christian, Big Show , Henry etc and most likely Bryan go

Possibly but he's still petty enough to ban WWE talent on Jericho's podcast.

Judging by those comments Vince and WWE don't give a single fu** about " Ratings Wars" that the fans and the Bryan Alvarez of the worlds are.

Probably explains why he let Jericho appear on Broken Skull and that in the end they released / let Black, Rusev, Andrade, Christian, Big Show , Henry etc and most likely Bryan go also.

People bag the sh*t out of Vince and yeah I think he is out of touch in terms of how Raw is booked for sure but whenever you listen to most podcasts people always seem to talk highly about him and he doesn't really stand in anyone's way if they have a chance to make more money elsewhere.

With all the technology , streaming services , social media ratings are almost irrelevant and as fans we are pretty lucky that we have so many options to see so much talent do their thing.

He is 70 whatever old and a billionaire. He doesn’t give a s**t full stop. He probably expects to be dead the next time that WWE is in trouble.
The stations etc that pay for the rights to these programs however do actually care.

He didn’t “let” any talent go to make money elsewhere. He and his yes men were angry enough with the stuff up off Blacks release to call other talent to make sure the release was 90 days not 30.
He fired them hoping to re-sign them on lesser contracts.

Part of the difference to the Monday night wars is also they're not really fighting over the same market and are clearly two shows aimed at different fans. Sure there's some who watch both but if you're a fan of the PG era WWE there's probably limited appeal in AEW. Same with AEW a lot of their fans id imagine were not fans of the WWE product before AEW got going and a lot would have been attitude era fans. Monday night wars were really two similar products that legit could change the average fans mind of which to watch live each week.

I mean, the striking thing is that it's 20 years and it's still all about Ted Turner.

Vince cares. It's why they got NXT onto TV in the first place. And it's why NXT is clearly being punished for getting their butts kicked instead of destroying AEW (among other reasons). It's why they're doing their first TV Taping at MSG in a decade, a booking announced two weeks after AEW announced their big NY show. Vince's whole thing has always been about destroying competition. World of Sport Wrestling getting a pilot was enough for them to move all in the British scene (as it turns out, that scene was perfectly capable of destroying itself). They've raided ROH & NJPW when those places have started getting a little too big for their boots. You think Vince is happy that AEW is outselling them in NY, that their TV ratings keep on bouncing back, that the key demo threatens Raw on some nights? No way. It's an investment call, he's not gonna lay out his concerns there. But actions speak louder than words.

I don't think Nick Khan cares that much, as he seems to be actually smart. So it's just whether Vince listens to his president. WWE shouldn't be worried, they're on an entirely different planet. The Saudi deal brings in as much money each year as AEW's TV deal does.

I know this is an old comment but I'd rather hear from Cornette instead of Russo.

Russo I can't take seriously.

Yep generally miles more worthwhile to listen to. And credit to him he doesn't just rag on things saying it's wrong but specifically says what could have been done to make something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back