List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say, I think people are reeeeeally overvaluing Pick 91 here.

No way, we got our last Brownlow medallist with pick 88. Should be looking for the next Dangerfield with 91.

I dont think anyone is overvaluing it. Just dont think we should use it on someone that is a known quality and average. We have later RD picks for that.

We should use it on who we think two years on the main list would be best served.

Ah chee looks like a year to year prospect. Much rather use a main list spot on a kid who needs development.

Source?

The West today behind pay wall Im guessing.

The article ( West ) think we will most likely take a speculative pick on a midfielder at pick 46 with Shuey (29 yrs of age ) and Gaff might be a chance to go home also reckons we could look at a ruckman if players we want don't slide to our pick 46 .

Last edited:
Sounds like we take best available at pick 46 then ....key forwards are handy and hard to find . I'm not totally against it especially as a top midfielder will be hard to find at our picks .

Emerson Jeka key forward type from Vic
WCE have had some interest in him and should be available at 46

Pity he cant kick straight.......... always a bit of a shortcoming for a KPF.
If he had a half decent kick on him then he would be off the board by pick 25, does everything else well , except kick accurately.
He makes Joe Daniher look like a sharp shooter.

So he would be a pass from me.
Expecting much better options to be available with pick 46.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity he cant kick straight.......... always a bit of a shortcoming for a KPF.
If he had a half decent kick on him then he would be off the board by pick 25, does everything else well , except kick accurately.
He makes Joe Daniher look like a sharp shooter.

So he would be a pass from me.
Expecting much better options to be available with pick 46.

Kicking for goal would have to be the easiest skill to teach.
We have so many KPP though, don't see how a flawed kid ever gets a game.

You did have it at one stage , hard to keep up ...you have done well I think ?

We did. Adelaide have it now.

I'd love one ore two more before 25...guys like Gould, Sharp, Taylor and Pickett offer some interesting options for us.
I'd trade our 2020 First for 15 and 20 or 14 and 24...even 17 and 24...even 15 and a 2020 second back if Henry isn't bid on by then

We did. Adelaide have it now.

I'd love one ore two more before 25...guys like Gould, Sharp, Taylor and Pickett offer some interesting options for us.
I'd trade our 2020 First for 15 and 20 or 14 and 24...even 17 and 24...even 15 and a 2020 second back if Henry isn't bid on by then

Sharp would be handy as a WA junior is rising in draft calculations but you can't expect too much 7&8 are good picks .

The issue for me is not wasting "pick 91" on Ah Chee, but that we'll be giving him 1 more year than we originally intended (or that he deserves) if we didn't re-list him as a rookie. I'm assuming that we have to give players picked up in the ND a 2 yr contract.

I think the 2 year rule only applies to first year draftees or there is some other limitation. Could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back