List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can we assume that the Hill, Daniher, Papley and Martin deals have all been agreed in principle but are being held over for effect for the televised trade deadline tomorrow.

The contrived, stage managed aspect of the trade period is just cringeworthy...

Three knee recos mate. Plus a big salary going with him.

Would you pay more?

Basically the Giants swapped Patton for Jacobs.

If all it's costing is basically salary, that's essentially a swing at a free agent who isn't officially a free agent.

The token pick exchange is nothing for such a low risk high reward thing 🤷‍♂️

Hawks need a forward so Sicily can stay in the backline, if Patton gets fit it's a total steal. 2nd or 3rd would've been fairer IMO.

Patton will dominate for years at hawthorn. Serious player

Patton’s cooked .

Three knee recos and a turning circle that makes The Q Stick look nimble.

I cringe every time he lands after a bit mark and when he try’s to turn sharply , he looks so gangly and about to do an injury.

Hate seeing good players injured but, sadly , he has been hit with the same Michael Appaness stick ..... big boys that are not nimble or flexible enough to take the rigours of AFL.
Kids like this are unfortunately a Orthopaedic Surgeons cash cows.
Sad but true.

Should have been an NFL guard .

GWS are taking a massive salary dump getting rid of him, needless to say that coin will go to offset the ramped up contract that they will be putting in front of Cameron.

Patton will start ok and then will once again get niggling injuries at best and at worst....... don’t even want to write it.

Last edited:
Freo board spends weeks posturing and beating their chest about a 2019 first and 2020 first coming in for Hill. Bell is the saviour. Finally they’re playing hard ball.

It’s an awkwardly placed first (given they have Henry to bid on) and a future second rounder (in the draft they’ve spent weeks bashing as compromised). Meltdowns imminent.

They want to win trade period so badly, poor things. Love getting our deals done early and just watching the melts.

News media reckon the deal is about to be done of Hill for pick 10 and a future second.

Would be hilarious if true given they knocked back 6 and a future second days ago.
Bell being a prick would have cost them 4 spots.

News media reckon the deal is about to be done of Hill for pick 10 and a future second.

Would be hilarious if true given they knocked back 6 and a future second days ago.

And if Henry gets bid on at pick 8 by Melbourne then * me, You'll hear my laughter in Cockburn from Osborne Park.

I feel like Melbourne are going to bounce back next year, they have too much talent not to...as long as they don't butcher their pre-season injury management again.
Are they better than Tigers, eagles, pies, giants? Wouldn’t think so, also think fair chance that they won’t be better than lions and dogs.

All it then takes is one or two other teams to be bette than them and it’s a massive win to north

How often to do clubs end up paying part of the salaries of players they've traded out? Is that standard practice and why some deals look like a bit unbalanced?

Salary and who pays what is the unknown part of some trades that as you say may make deals look unbalanced

Steven to Geelong for a bag of chips for instance. He’s on good money so if Geelong are taking his contract as is then St Kilda get cap relief at a time they’re chasing Hill, ZJones, Ryder and Howard whilst trying to retain Bruce

On face value it looks like saints get reamed but as part of a bigger picture it is a bit less silly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If all it's costing is basically salary, that's essentially a swing at a free agent who isn't officially a free agent.

The token pick exchange is nothing for such a low risk high reward thing 🤷‍♂️

Hawks need a forward so Sicily can stay in the backline, if Patton gets fit it's a total steal. 2nd or 3rd would've been fairer IMO.

Hawks has gotten some bookends in Patton and also Frost who should allow Sicily to go fwd ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Freo will get 10 and a future first with freos future second going back.
10 will get sucked up by the Henry bid. Still not completely around the whole bidding process but have they just cost themselves a second top 10 talent by declining pick 6?

If they had 6 and 7 for example and a bid comes at 8-10 they just have to balance the points with remaining picks? They ballsed that up big time if so. 6+7+Henry or 6+Henry(10)+future second..

So Hawks have nabbed both Scully and Patton for two fourth round picks over the last 12 months. If I was a GWS fan I'd be ******* livid
As a gws member due to living in Sydney and hating the swans, not overly livid. Would prefer higher picks but meh. Getting off players they can easily replace isn’t bad.

Annoying thing is both go to the Hawks who don’t really need the charity

10 will get sucked up by the Henry bid. Still not completely around the whole bidding process but have they just cost themselves a second top 10 talent by declining pick 6?

If they had 6 and 7 for example and a bid comes at 8-10 they just have to balance the points with remaining picks? They ballsed that up big time if so. 6+7+Henry or 6+Henry(10)+future second..

Not if the big for Henry comes after 10, which is entirely possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawks have plenty of first round picks on their list, they just didn't use first round picks for them lol. Scully, Patton number 1 picks and O'meara would have gone number 1 if not for the mini draft preselection in which he went number 1 anyway.

Wingard, Scrimshaw, Burgoyne, Schoenmakers, Smith, Mitchell.

Thats 9 first rounders on their list, 3 of which were or would have been number 1 picks lol.

We have 10 or 12 depending on how you count. As we now know (after the Lycett business last year) the AFL doesn't count compensation picks or end of round priority picks as first rounders so im calling it as 10.

At this stage after the draft it will be 10 a piece. I'd like to think we're in a better place.

One report saying pick 6 and future second wasn't actually offered and that the report stating it was was incorrect. Saints offered 6 and future third and Dockers wanted 6 and future first and talks broke down. Can't remember where I heard this but Vic media do like making Freo look bad.

That Port trade isn't as bad as it looks IMO.

Ryder has like 1 season left before he dies, arguably not in their B22 anymore with Slyce around, might as well give the bloke away.

Future third for Ryder and future fourth
18 for Howard
12 for 10

Let’s assume they did just give Ryder away. The late picks are largely irrelevant anyway. That 18 and 12 for Howard and 10 is good work nonetheless.

Great deal for the Saints.

Peter Bell looking stupid = great day
Bell has looked stupid since he thought his team was in with a sniff over Tim Kelly. The only reason they weren't ruled out like last year was so Geelong didn't get bent over by us. No doubt in my mind Wells told Kelly something along the lines of "Look, we'll get you to West Coast, but don't rule out Freo so that we get a decent return."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back