News Andrew Dillon the new AFL CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

images
Thats on tv right now.

Apparently this guy has a history of using NDAs and secret payoffs to make the AFLs problems go away, particularly inhouse staff/misconduct issues.
Caro has written about it from memory. There will be no change to the AFLs corrupt boys club mentality under his watch.

He's been in charge of AFL integrity since 2013 so no need to comment on that and has been in charge of game development, which has him in charge of the relationship between head office and local leagues from 2017-2021. Local footy is in terrible shape, particularly in Vic and Tas, two heartland states that are run by the AFL so I'm not sure how he is getting a tick for that.

He was AFL general legal council through the Essendon saga, helping steer the actions of the AFL which very nearly landed Gil and Mike Fitzpatrick in court facing allegations of deceptive and misleading conduct.

Hes been inside the AFL for 20+ years so I'm sure he knows where the bodies are buried and is truly "one of the boys" having earned his stripes in the opinion of the commission but there are some question marks around the success of a few of the projects he has had his finger prints on over the journey.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely fantastic news, I can really see the game getting better with this reputable appointment

turtle falling GIF

Andrew D is.

Haere Ra
would be like one of those corporate flogs that grew up a Richmond supporter but barracks for his company/ the money more over his childhood club

Apparently this guy has a history of using NDAs and secret payoffs to make the AFLs problems go away, particularly inhouse staff/misconduct issues.
Caro has written about it from memory. There will be no change to the AFLs corrupt boys club mentality under his watch.

He's been in charge of AFL integrity since 2013 so no need to comment on that and has been in charge of game development, which has him in charge of the relationship between head office and local leagues from 2017-2021. Local footy is in terrible shape, particularly in Vic and Tas, two heartland states that are run by the AFL so I'm not sure how he is getting a tick for that.

He was AFL general legal council through the Essendon saga, helping steer the actions of the AFL which very nearly landed Gil and Mike Fitzpatrick in court facing allegations of deceptive and misleading conduct.

Hes been inside the AFL for 20+ years so I'm sure he knows where the bodies are buried and is truly "one of the boys" having earned his stripes in the opinion of the commission but there are some question marks around the success of a few of the projects he has had his finger prints on over the journey.
From ‘The Boys Club’ written by Mick Warner .
069B510D-3274-4D38-9816-35405BC9509F.jpeg

no coincidence westacott is finishing as f1 ceo at the same time mclachlan in finishing as ceo - methinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back