Another club betting scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! FFS!

Its hard to say what sort of penalty should be imposed.
Surely the AFL cant hold the club responsible, but I guess they can "expect" the club to respond appropriately.
So what happens to what is essentially a club employee?What is in his employment contract?
Suspension ( free holiday ) is hardly a punishment for someone who is not a player.
Can an employee be fined by their employer? Surely not.
Reasigning of duties, official warning, what?

Hey, Greg Denham.

At least you got two of the colours right :rolleyes:

How incredibly foolish to all but name a team, and get it completely wrong.

Denham is fookin useless. Add him to the long list of footy media 'personalities' who are constantly getting it wrong and apparently know sweet F all about the subject they're paid to analyse, football.

A couple of Fridays ago on KB's show before Carlton v Hawthorn he said Yarran was a bonefide 'superstar', refused to back away when called on it
then follwed up by saying that Carlton's backline was stronger than Hawthorn's. Seriously :eek::confused:

He's a joke.

Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! Wrong thread! Go to correct thread! FFS!

Excuse me Mister, is this the right place to talk about Luke Ball:eek:

wrong thread! Go to correct thread!

Nooooooooooooo. Right thread.

I was responding to a post by a St.Kilda supporter. I never brought up Beams.

How about you direct your whining at the right person?

Well if it's been 'more than confirmed' it shouldn't be too hard to dig up some of said confirmation?
There isn't any because it just further confirms that apart from Heath Shaw's foolish $10 bet, any other controversy involving Collingwood in the past three years has been either overblown, or in said case, completely unfounded and made-up. Mainly by St.Kilda supporters who are still either bothered by their own players involvement with her, Luke Ball joining Collingwood for nothing and/or last years Grand Final(s).
Why are you in denial? Ed as always assured his players walked away virtually untouched.
In denial about what? Do you have any source since it is "more than confirmed?" I think you're the one in denial and refuse to accept that there isn't any such confirmation of course.
Getting a .... little off topic.
Yes, some St.Kilda supporters did drag it off-topic, but there is not much to add to this topic, but hopefully they've stopped now. It seems Dean Wallis of Essendon apparently placed a bet on the outcome of a quarter quad match. Whether he did that on behalf of someone else, and the match he betted on, and whether it was a winning bet or not, has not yet been confirmed. It probably won't be for a couple of days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon must have all their premiership points stripped.

Meaning whoever finishes 9th gets their finals spot.

Nobody cares about Beams, McCarthy or Duthie. Shut up about them people.

Only Saints still do.

Everything in footy is overblown by the media.
BUT, Beams and McCarthy were scarcely named as I recall it, despite being at the scene during a pretty sordid sort of an event. ( Nothing illegal though ). SImilarly Beam's invovement with Kim Duthie was somehow hushed up.

The Beams, McCarthy thing might have been overblown by Big Footy :) but on Big Footy what comes around goes around.

First post in here that derailed everything. But of course, it's the PIES posters that seem to be copping it.

@bubblegoose, again pal, direct your cheese and whine elsewhere.

It seems Dean Wallis of Essendon apparently placed a bet on the outcome of a quarter quad match. Whether he did that on behalf of someone else, and the match he betted on, and whether it was a winning bet or not, has not yet been confirmed. It probably won't be for a couple of days.

Only a moron would think it makes any difference.

The rule is NOT that you are allowed to make bets for other people.
The rule is NOT that you cannot profit from betting.

Only Saints still do.

First post in here that derailed everything. But of course, it's the PIES posters that seem to be copping it.

@bubblegoose, again pal, direct your cheese and whine elsewhere.

SORRY if i dared to disagree with a comment made by the Great Kiss Stephanie regarding a totally irrelevant topic. :rolleyes:
I was not the first to mention those names.

Essendon must have all their premiership points stripped.

Meaning whoever finishes 9th gets their finals spot.

hehe yeah I'm sure the AFL would go for that. Why have an Essendon v Carlton final when you can have a North v Carlton final?

In any case, I'm sure Brad Scott would politely turn the opportunity down, as they don't want to "fall into the finals" anyway, do they?

Simple.

Exclude em from this years draft and next years first round.

Ridiculous idea. ( From a supporter of that club again ).

a) Essendon FC did not stand to gain from the action.
b) The action was taken by an Employee

There could be an expectation that the AFL expect Essendon to take action against their errant employee, but I cant see that it could go much further than that, and I expect the club will take a suitable action.
What action they will/can take remains to be seen.

Ridiculous idea. ( From a supporter of that club again ).

a) Essendon FC did not stand to gain from the action.
b) The action was taken by an Employee

How do we know? Essendon have the hand out currently to build Tullamarine Towers.

I'm sure all club staff are being asked to contribute, especially a long time servant like Wallis.

Maybe this was his way - in these straitened financial times and all - of coming up with his share.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back