Another US mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

Ultimately this is a culture problem with America thats so deeply rooted and sustained by the interests who make money out of it that significant change is unlikely. You just have to see s**t like this to understand the mentality of what the average gun loving American stoutly believes is their God given right:
FTmQnUJXEAAVlce
I see your Massie and I raise you Boebert.

FGDYXgKXoAUSK7G

Honestly, the Democrats should just fundraise off a "F**K Joe Manchin" t-shirt and tell him to piss off out of the party. They're going to lose the House and Senate anyway.

Making Manchin the issue might someway, somehow change the midterm landscape. Doubtful though.

Would take a brave president to try and enact meaningful gun reform. If the rumours of Biden only wanting to be president for one term are true, we might see some put to vote under his presidency. The backlash would go down when he stands down.

The backlash would be in the November midterms where he would lose the House and be totally hamstrung for the remaining 2 years of his first term.

"F**k your gun free zones"

This is how the leader of Texas is dealing with the massacre...
nuy8gb5k7i191.png

So I guess the parents can be content their literal children are with what, Jesus now or some s**t?
The old thoughts and prayers
And it will be the same the next time as well

If the US senators cant agree on gun restrictions or control, then they could easily pay for 2 security guards at each school across the country.

Theres 130,000 schools in the US. It would cost 13 billion a year to staff 2 armed security at each school. The war in Afghanistan cost 800 million per day.
The shooter got past the law enforcement the school had. Doesn't work

I think they must be praying to the wrong god going by the amount of thoughts and prayers over the years.

If you want tangible evidence that he (or she) isn't listening, this is another notch.
No no no no no.

It just proves you're not showing enough faith through church donations. That's all. Give more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why is this still newsworthy
like australians dying of covid, ukranians and russians dying due to putin, senseless american gun deaths should not be news outside of the USA

Its a regular thing
I have railed at the USA on this forum, to have (presumably) US posters criticise how I "hate freedom"

Well USA * you and * your second amendment which is as worthwhile as the toilet paper I just wiped my arse on
you will not learn
* your supreme court, pack of political appointees with no merit

I DGAF if my post gets worked out an I am perma banned from the USA. * the US

Edit And I told work colleagues the exact same sentiments as well. Some of whom have USA relatives and family too.

If the US senators cant agree on gun restrictions or control, then they could easily pay for 2 security guards at each school across the country.

Theres 130,000 schools in the US. It would cost 13 billion a year to staff 2 armed security at each school. The war in Afghanistan cost 800 million per day.
Two guards? Covering a say 40,000 sq m campus? Not to mention the fact these shootings are usually done by a student or an alumnus who has intimate knowledge of school grounds. You seriously think that’s going to stop a motivated shooter reaching a classroom?

If you've never been to the US this is your HOW TO GET ALONG WITH AMERICANS GUIDE - only slight purporting the truth in parts

1. Put on your "clueless Australian tourist" gimmick
2. Get real thick on your accent
3. "Ain't America great?" ANSWER From what we've/I've seen so far it's pretty amazing
4. "You REPUBLICAN or DEMOCRAT?" ANSWER I'm Australian we don't have those type of parties
5. "What's Australia like?" ANSWER If you don't live on the coast...desolate, barren and quiet
6. "What do you think of the President?" ANSWER We don't see a lot of him on Aussie TV unless it's real important
7. "What does kangaroo taste like?" ANSWER like venison - ideally in a stir fry or slow cooked with lots of marinade or beef stock
8. "Y'all want a FOSTERS?" ANSWER We'd like to try some great American beer whilst we're on vacation (Michelob was my fave)
9. "How long did it take to save up to come here?" ANSWER 2 years/3 years/4 years are the only 3 options you can use
10. "Whaddya drive?" ANSWER a sedan/a compact (unless you want to proudly show off pictures of what you actually drive)
11. "How far away is Australia?" ANSWER 8000 miles from LA and 10000 miles from New York
12. "Your English is pretty good" ANSWER I should have learned more before our vacation but i'm glad you can understand me

Ted Cruz is a f***ing moron. Claims the Dems and media are "politicising" the shooting, while standing there and politicising the shooting.

Who was the NBA coach ranting about 50 GOP senators holding the country to ransom, then stormed off? Put that coach in a room with Cruz. And give the coach a baseball bat. And tie Cruz to a chair.

Did I mention Ted Cruz is a f***ing moron?

(I know he's not the only one, he's just symbolic of how f***ed some of those idiots are in the head.)

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say, other than Ted Cruz is a f***ing moron.

Enough of this “the time has come for Americans to take a stand on Guns!!” nonsense.

Americans will NEVER take a stand against guns.

As long as their political system is rigged to allow a Republican minority population to command a majority in state and federal legislatures aided by courts stacked by Republicans no long term gun control will ever happen. Period, so it’s not worth discussing.

Question is why don’t we have an honest conversation in Australia about why this diseased, violent, corrupt society is our “number one ally”. They obviously do not share Australia’s values on this topic, and a lot of other issues too (healthcare, criminal justice, religion etc). Why don’t we align more with the free of guns, free healthcare providing secular EU? Why not Asian societies that value collective safety over individual “freedoms”? Australians seemed supportive of strict measures to combat Covid versus the USA where they let it run rampant.

Well once they go full dictator mode by 2025 that convo should really ramp up even more than now.

Lol and how to they plan to address this “evil”?

They gonna fix to SHOOT IT! After they PRAY AGAINST IT! And just in case those two fool proof things dont work, they'll DEFLECT! To things like immigration caravans and books that hurt kids or some s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back