Another US mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

All kids say from 10 years old should be armed with at least a pistol it's there right.
The older kid's 16 and up for sure an Ar-15.
Body protection also is important bullet proof vests for every child/student in America should be mandatory.
Maybe head helmets.With sniper vision.

I think hall monitors should be like sentries and manning gatling guns at strategic locations in the school also

Is sadder when you consider there will be industry lobby groups in favor of school shooter drills.

Pushing hard for these bulletproof plates to insert into your kids school backpacks:

AR500 Armor® Level III Backpack Body Armor

Designed to be inserted into your everyday carry backpack providing rifle protection under concealment. AR500 Armor® Backpack body armor integrates into your existing backpack under cover. Our Backpack Armor will fit into your school bag laptop pocket, hydration pocket, or laptop carry bags capable of accepting up to 15.1” laptops, in most cases also in conjunction with your laptop. The ideal choice for staying prepared in everyday life.

https://www.ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-backpack-plate.html

From the reviews section:

''I purchased this backpack plate for a multi-hit capable option that I could take with me to school and not draw a lot of attention.''

''Bought it since I'm a student and the dimensions fit exactly into the zippered slot on one side of my laptop bag.''

''Fits in both my laptop bag and my backpack for school.''

''This is a great plate, fits perfectly in my school backpack.''

''Great product... Fits great in both of my boys packs.''

In what ******* world is this even a thing. Making sure your kids have lunch ready and some body armour for school.

I think hall monitors should be like sentries and manning gatling guns at strategic locations in the school also

Probably go the automated option on the sentry guns, just shoot anything that moves

12322dac190e8dc0955c6d6ef01595dddeb7970e.gif

Either that or just nuke the school from orbit. Its the only way to be sure.

Don't have a problem with handguns or some shotguns and rifles.

But FMD Joe Bloggs doesn't need 6 semis and autos and to be able to be kitted out like Rambo at Walmart to be able to wipe out a crowd in seconds - the only people who should be using those are the military.

Downtown LA was scary at night. Not been to Chicago yet. Will be city or North side when i do though.

Houston scared me as I didn't want my Western Victorian slightly ocker bogan to be misconstrued by someone in Texas having a bad day.

My Uncle in NJ did take me to Uncle Dick's Sporting Goods where he could have got a bolt action .22 for $99 (holiday special) plus sales tax (scope was extra) - that was interesting to get to look at and hold and check out the vast array they had.

But FMD Joe Bloggs doesn't need 6 semis and autos and to be able to be kitted out like Rambo at Walmart to be able to wipe out a crowd in seconds - the only people who should be using those are the military.

Downtown LA was scary at night. Not been to Chicago yet. Will be city or North side when i do though.

Houston scared me as I didn't want my Western Victorian slightly ocker bogan to be misconstrued by someone in Texas having a bad day.

My Uncle in NJ did take me to Uncle Dick's Sporting Goods where he could have got a bolt action .22 for $99 (holiday special) plus sales tax (scope was extra) - that was interesting to get to look at and hold and check out the vast array they had.
I'm anti gun here every day of the week and regard the post Port Arthur gun reforms as one of the very few times I can mention John Howard without throwing up a bit in my mouth but if I was American I'm almost sure I would carry a gun and make sure I knew how to use it. Not a ridiculous mass killer ones but something to make sure that if it came to a fight at least it would be a fair one which is pretty sad in itself.

I didn't think they could get autos, only the military can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My uncle in NJ has a handgun locked and stored safely.
I'd prob do the same myself if i lived there TBH.

Good idea to have a firearm handy just in case you have an urgent need to commit suicide or shoot the guy that cuts you off in traffic. I mean, what else is it useful for, except for your kids to accidentally shoot each other on the one occasion in a thousand you forget to lock the gun safe?

The idea that a firearm is useful for "personal safety", i.e Joe Public successfully fighting off a felon is laughable. Do you take your gun with you to the front door when someone knocks, just in case? Even in the USA, other than a copper or a crim, you can count the number of times someone has saved their own life with a firearm on the fingers of one hand. Rates of suicide and accidental deaths by firearm are off the scale though.

Good idea to have a firearm handy just in case you have an urgent need to commit suicide or shoot the guy that cuts you off in traffic. I mean, what else is it useful for, except for your kids to accidentally shoot each other on the one occasion in a thousand you forget to lock the gun safe?

The idea that a firearm is useful for "personal safety", i.e Joe Public successfully fighting off a felon is laughable. Do you take your gun with you to the front door when someone knocks, just in case? Even in the USA, other than a copper or a crim, you can count the number of times someone has saved their own life with a firearm on the fingers of one hand. Rates of suicide and accidental deaths by firearm are off the scale though.

I think the official stats on how many times someone has brandished a firearm and resulted in the incident not having them injured or anyone else was above 30,000 a year.

The number of times having the gun saved you would be an impressive number of fingers.

I think the official stats on how many times someone has brandished a firearm and resulted in the incident not having them injured or anyone else was above 30,000 a year.

The number of times having the gun saved you would be an impressive number of fingers.

You are saying that 30,000 Americans were saved from being shot (or saved someone else from being shot) by drawing a firearm in a year? I call bs. I suspect the correct figure is close to 3.

If you mean 30,000 people have drawn a firearm and waved it about, that means nothing. Since in 29,995 of those cases, no one would have been injured had these people chosen not to brandish a firearm.

On the contrary I wonder how many Americans brandished a firearm to "avoid" an incident and instead triggered one, like being gunned down by confused or fearful police who have difficulty recognising the person brandishing a firearm is actually trying to protect the public.

I still can't work out if you don't do statistics or you work for the NRA.

You are saying that 30,000 Americans were saved from being shot (or saved someone else from being shot) by drawing a firearm in a year? I call bs. I suspect the correct figure is close to 3.

If you mean 30,000 people have drawn a firearm and waved it about, that means nothing. Since in 29,995 of those cases, no one would have been injured had these people chosen not to brandish a firearm.

On the contrary I wonder how many Americans brandished a firearm to "avoid" an incident and instead triggered one, like being gunned down by confused or fearful police who have difficulty recognising the person brandishing a firearm is actually trying to protect the public.

I still can't work out if you don't do statistics or you work for the NRA.

CDC says
" Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008. "

So perhaps your misconceptions are the problem all along?

CDC says
" Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008. "

So perhaps your misconceptions are the problem all along?

Send me a link to the article where it says this. I want to see this quote. No way this is true.

In my initial post I was quite obviously talking about people who were not engaging in per-planned illegal activity like heading out to buy drugs. So if this 500,000 to 3 million includes that group of people, then you are skewering your own argument that gun ownership benefits personal safety rather than threatens it.

BTW I have previously worked in the crime and justice statistics field (in Australia).

Send me a link to the article where it says this. I want to see this quote. No way this is true.

In my initial post I was quite obviously talking about people who were not engaging in per-planned illegal activity like heading out to buy drugs. So if this 500,000 to 3 million includes that group of people, then you are skewering your own argument that gun ownership benefits personal safety rather than threatens it.

BTW I have previously worked in the crime and justice statistics field (in Australia).

The article claims "Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals" and then completely fails to prove this point.

All reputable sources of gun statistics report much lower rates of defensive gun use. And it still doesn't weed out defensive gun use in illegal situations (i.e drug deals). A victim still can be involved in illegal activity.

I stand by my original claims that the chance of using firearm to successfully protect oneself when not involved in illegal activity is vanishingly small. The only thing I will concede is that there is more than 3 or 5 cases a year.

A far more credible and balanced article...

" In fact, Cook told The Washington Post that the percentage of people who told Kleck they used a gun in self-defense is similar to the percentage of Americans who said they were abducted by aliens. "

NED-2618-sales-of-firearms-in-the-United-States_09hGtVJng.jpg

Gun sales are peaking in the US at the moment with the looming election and the other factors at play (pandemic, divided politics, racial tensions)

US sounds like a powder keg at the moment waiting to go off

NED-2618-sales-of-firearms-in-the-United-States_09hGtVJng.jpg

Gun sales are peaking in the US at the moment with the looming election and the other factors at play (pandemic, divided politics, racial tensions)

US sounds like a powder keg at the moment waiting to go off
This is pretty similar to what happened in 2016 though wasn't it? Not uncommon in an election lead up I would suggest given the NRA would be riling up saying the second amendment is up for grabs.

I didn't think they could get autos, only the military can.

There is literally next to no difference between the two in terms of speed of fire.

In fact for mass killing, a semi auto fire is the better choice. You'll kill a lot more people with controlled semi automatic fire than you would holding down the trigger for a burst (unless you're firing a 'beaten zone' into a tightly crowded group of people like what happened in Vegas).

Speaking from experience, this dude has some good drills:

That's civilian arms, and civilian shooting by the way. Not military.

He doesn't do much rapid fire in there (a little at 1:30); mainly reload, change of fire position and left/ right switching and fire on the move. When he does get to rapid fire, you can see just how quickly a person with good drills can kill dozens of people in literally seconds with a semi-automatic intermediate cartridge rifle/ carbine or a handgun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back