Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they voted for Coalition policy 80% of the time while in opposition I don't really see them looking to change that much
I am disappointed (much less than you) with Labor, but I don't think that is entirely fair

It doesn't give anyone any confidence (business or investment) that with a change of Government any legislation won't be repealed. Bipartisan support is important, and is much better to work cr@p than to work with a changing landscape.

I am disappointed (much less than you) with Labor, but I don't think that is entirely fair

It doesn't give anyone any confidence (business or investment) that with a change of Government any legislation won't be repealed. Bipartisan support is important, and is much better to work cr@p than to work with a changing landscape.
We don't have bipartisan support when Labor is in power, all they do in opposition is help the coalition advance.

It's much harder to repeal legislation than to put it in to begin with the idea that Labor have to vote with the coalition for the good of the economy.

* the economy, it's meant to work for us not the other way around

We don't have bipartisan support when Labor is in power, all they do in opposition is help the coalition advance.
And I despise the LNP for this very reason. It is such a waste of everything to keep on fighting the same battles. Move on, provide some confidence to work with.
* the economy, it's meant to work for us not the other way around
It is. Perhaps not as well as it should, but it is working for most* individuals.

*you don't need to highlight shortfalls

And I despise the LNP for this very reason. It is such a waste of everything to keep on fighting the same battles. Move on, provide some confidence to work with.

It is. Perhaps not as well as it should, but it is working for most* individuals.

If you don't highlight shortfalls, how the * do you recognise them?

On SM-F936B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're looking at the impacts of worldwide issues, and of long-term structural issues we have in Australia, and responding with "Labor is in power right now when impacts are being felt, so it's their fault and if they don't magically fix it immediately they'll get or should get turfed out in favour of the parties in power for most of the last 3 decades while we built towards the structural issues we have, and where we saw the issues I've referred to, start to bite before they left office [though they weren't actually new]".

Now, you're more pessimistic on Labor's fortunes, and as raised the Voice polling doesn't track with Labor's polling so that isn't a significant connection to be made. But if the media and the public lay all the structural issues at Labor's feet in the lead up to the next election (when compared to the alternative), then that goes to show that our media and education system have failed more than anything.
The ALP have increased immigration to an insane amount - far beyond what our current infrastructure can handle. Not just housing, but with regards to hospital capacity and public transport, just to name a few.

As a direct consequence, the ALP have consigned more Australians than ever to homelessness.

We have built plenty of houses over the last decade, never before have we built more. This is not a supply issue. This is the direct consequence of decisions made by the ALP.

We then have a treasurer who, with a straight face I may add, tells us that wages are growing when in fact, they are going backwards in real terms.

We have a treasurer who can't add up, who has never worked a real job in his life, in addition, to a PM who has also never worked a real job in his life.

I'm quite happy betting against this government long term, because eventually, the lack of talent and the lack of fortitude will shine through - if it isn't already.

The immigration issue remains the central disgrace and indicative of a government that, to be quite frank, deserves to be turfed out at the next election on the available evidence.

The ALP have increased immigration to an insane amount - far beyond what our current infrastructure can handle. Not just housing, but with regards to hospital capacity and public transport, just to name a few.

As a direct consequence, the ALP have consigned more Australians than ever to homelessness.

We have built plenty of houses over the last decade, never before have we built more. This is not a supply issue. This is the direct consequence of decisions made by the ALP.

We then have a treasurer who, with a straight face I may add, tells us that wages are growing when in fact, they are going backwards in real terms.

We have a treasurer who can't add up, who has never worked a real job in his life, in addition, to a PM who has also never worked a real job in his life.

I'm quite happy betting against this government long term, because eventually, the lack of talent and the lack of fortitude will shine through - if it isn't already.

The immigration issue remains the central disgrace and indicative of a government that, to be quite frank, deserves to be turfed out at the next election on the available evidence.

You mean the immigration levels that rose rapidly while the Coalition were in power and because of approvals they made, during 2022, which would have kept climbing? After little immigration for 2 years. It's hard to take this seriously because if immigration was slashed, we'd plunge into a recession which you'd also blame on Labor.

If there weren't many empty houses, and prior governments had put effort into affordable housing measures, you'd have a point.

Laughable on the talent point. You'd back the alternative who puts up the mad monk, Turnbull who couldn't stand up to the fringes of his Coalition even when he had nothing left to lose, ScoMo the failed tourism bureaucrat and the soul-less Dutton. Cool, let's return to those who helped bring us potentially the most corrupt government in Australian history.

Last edited:
While I don't blame the federal ALP for low wage growth this year, they're trying hard to polish a turd and market it as gold.

And one of the last pearler from liberal types on exit that ‘huge pay rises for the masses will only make inflation worse ( bit we are getting one ourselves guy?’

Mate just post a link to the rwnj sites you are getting this from

Libs won't change so Labor either need to or they're admitting that they aren't actually really different from the coalition.
The current political climate we are in is the coalition want to win, Labor want people to like them (while mostly still pushing us down the neoliberal path the coalition set)

The excuse for everything bad done is "the economy"
It is not working for most, most are working for it.

Tim Gurner's speech is how the donors for the parties think and the fact both majors are captured by these sorts is the real problem stopping things from getting better.

The excuse for everything bad done is "the economy"
It is not working for most, most are working for it.

Tim Gurner's speech is how the donors for the parties think and the fact both majors are captured by these sorts is the real problem stopping things from getting better.

Spot on. 100%

You mean the immigration levels that rose rapidly while the Coalition were in power and because of approvals they made, during 2022, which would have kept climbing? After little immigration for 2 years. It's hard to take this seriously because if immigration was slashed, we'd plunge into a recession which you'd also blame on Labor.

If there weren't many empty houses, and prior governments had put effort into affordable housing measures, you'd have a point.

Laughable on the talent point. You'd back the alternative who puts up the mad monk, Turnbull who couldn't stand up to the fringes of his Coalition even when he had nothing left to lose, ScoMo the failed tourism bureaucrat and the soul-less Dutton. Cool, let's return to those who helped bring us potentially the most corrupt government in Australian history.

I don't doubt the lnp would have increased immigration if they stayed in government....I'm not convinced to the same degree, but fairly sure they would have nonetheless.

Scott Morrison wouldn't have feigned concern for the poor/underclass/workers that albanese and the alp does.....he simply wouldn't have cared and not have wasted time pretending to.

Albanese pretending to care irks me more than Morrison's general indifference....but that is just me.

People calling me right wing on this thread, for expressing concern at the amount of women and.children who are undoubtedly sleeping in cars and homeless shelters.....really is quite illuminating how many people nail their colours to their political mast.....

I'd ask voters not to vote for either of the majors. I know I won't be on the available evidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate just post a link to the rwnj sites you are getting this from
20230913_100057.jpg

This on top of the "race for space" during lockdowns.....which caused many households to shrink as people moved into their own places/larger places (to allow wfh)....when perhaps they were share housing previously or living with one other person previously.

Source: MacroBusiness

View attachment 1801711

This on top of the "race for space" during lockdowns.....which caused many households to shrink as people moved into their own places/larger places (to allow wfh)....when perhaps they were share housing previously or living with one other person previously.

Source: MacroBusiness
Pretty sure we've been over this graph and what it means with you 3-4 times now

I don't doubt the lnp would have increased immigration if they stayed in government....I'm not convinced to the same degree, but fairly sure they would have nonetheless.

Scott Morrison wouldn't have feigned concern for the poor/underclass/workers that albanese and the alp does.....he simply wouldn't have cared and not have wasted time pretending to.

Albanese pretending to care irks me more than Morrison's general indifference....but that is just me.

People calling me right wing on this thread, for expressing concern at the amount of women and.children who are undoubtedly sleeping in cars and homeless shelters.....really is quite illuminating how many people nail their colours to their political mast.....

I'd ask voters not to vote for either of the majors. I know I won't be on the available evidence.

I believe Albo cares, certainly more than the alternative. I've outlined in other posts why there might not be as much action on issues as some of us would like to see, that's not an excuse though.

I haven't called you right wing. I've referred to people favouring a return of conservatives to power, which is what will happen if Labor is ousted from government in our system. Advocate for minor parties sure (I'm probably closer to Greens than Labor), but for the forseeable future there's 2 alternatives.

Now this may not be you, but it is interesting how you don't hear as much about the homeless from conservatives when conservatives are in power. Almost like it's wielded as a political weapon (much like the Voice). It helps their cause when they can blame it on foreigners taking houses too.

I believe Albo cares, certainly more than the alternative. I've outlined in other posts why there might not be as much action on issues as some of us would like to see, that's not an excuse though.

I haven't called you right wing. I've referred to people favouring a return of conservatives to power, which is what will happen if Labor is ousted from government in our system. Advocate for minor parties sure (I'm probably closer to Greens than Labor), but for the forseeable future there's 2 alternatives.

Now this may not be you, but it is interesting how you don't hear as much about the homeless from conservatives when conservatives are in power. Almost like it's wielded as a political weapon (much like the Voice). It helps their cause when they can blame it on foreigners taking houses too.
if he cares, it's in that thoughts and prayers way mostly

he loves a tweet and a photo op about how much he cares but he doesn't back it up with policy choices

also, we have conservatives in power right now

its like how the state Premiers love to sleep out rough for homelessness but don't fund services or housing to fix the issue

they will give millions to NPOs to trickle a little down to the people in need though

our whole system is setup to basically funnel tax payer money into the pockets of people that look like they are helping

he loves a tweet and a photo op about how much he cares but he doesn't back it up with policy choices

its like how the state Premiers love to sleep out rough for homelessness but don't fund services or housing to fix the issue

they will give millions to NPOs to trickle a little down to the people in need though

our whole system is setup to basically funnel tax payer money into the pockets of people that look like they are helping
Like the Great Barrier Reef Foundation (GBRF) ?

In comparison to the alternative.

I've already explained why certain people in Labor, including Albo, may feel boxed in to having to settle for smaller changes, siding with the Coalition to paint a smaller target. Maybe Labor has been broken in.

We've seen the scare campaigns happen when more ambitious economic reforms get floated. I'd hoped we may have moved past that with the resounding rebuke of the Coalition at the last election, but we can see that fear and misinformation is still a powerful tool in current Australia.

Obviously this is all as intended as you say. I'm still going to favour Labor though when we're talking about the 2 alternative governments, because you may get some moderate changes for the better on structural issues, and you certainly won't have the same extent of social conservatism influencing policy. Likely less corruption too. We already know what we get with the alternative and it's worse.

Like the Great Barrier Reef Foundation (GBRF) ?

yep

current Labor has taken on the model the coalition has been using for years

the headline announcement of funding is all that matters

its also why the $3 billion the greens are crowing about is unlikely to actually do much

because there is nothing concrete on how its going to be spent or what on, just "housing"

so I guess you can add the greens to that as well

its what we get when the media just report the soundbite without analysis

also nobody wants to keep tabs on these projects as they run and highlight what is happening as the project goes on

so at best 5 years later you get an "feature" on how it all went wrong followed by an announcement from the new government on the "fix" and the cycle repeats

In comparison to the alternative.

I've already explained why certain people in Labor, including Albo, may feel boxed in to having to settle for smaller changes, siding with the Coalition to paint a smaller target. Maybe Labor has been broken in.

We've seen the scare campaigns happen when more ambitious economic reforms get floated. I'd hoped we may have moved past that with the resounding rebuke of the Coalition at the last election, but we can see that fear and misinformation is still a powerful tool in current Australia.

Obviously this is all as intended as you say. I'm still going to favour Labor though when we're talking about the 2 alternative governments though, because you may get some moderate changes for the better on structural issues, and you certainly won't have the same extent of social conservatism influencing policy. We already know what we get with the alternative and it's worse.
labor had the capital after election to do this

they've squandered if over the last 18 months doing basically nothing

Albo is part of the problem with current labor and has been for decades, he created his power base selling out the left of the party in NSW and he has done more for the right of the party than almost anyone in the party

I really don't understand why people think he's boxed in when he's spent decades being this guy

In comparison to the alternative. I've already explained why certain people in Labor, including Albo, may feel boxed in to having to settle for smaller changes, siding with the Coalition to paint a smaller target. Maybe Labor has been broken in.

Obviously this is all as intended as you say. I'm still going to favour Labor though when we're talking about the 2 alternative governments though, because you may get some moderate changes for the better on structural issues, and you certainly won't have the same extent of social conservatism influencing policy. We already know what we get with the alternative and it's worse.
I've said in the other thread that I think at least part of fervour of the no campaign is based on a fear that if this is approved it might embolden the Albanese government into further reforms.

I've said in the other thread that I think at least part of fervour of the no campaign is based on a fear that if this is approved it might embolden the Albanese government into further reforms.
dude they'd spend the next 18 months patting themselves on the back for this until the next election was run

labor had the capital after election to do this

they've squandered if over the last 18 months doing basically nothing

Albo is part of the problem with current labor and has been for decades, he created his power base selling out the left of the party in NSW and he has done more for the right of the party than almost anyone in the party

I really don't understand why people think he's boxed in when he's spent decades being this guy

They painted themselves a small target though. Now, I'd like them to break some promises, use the general mandate they were given and be bolder, but in our system that may be the quickest way to a single term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back