Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea what his kicking is like but that's an almost perfect ball drop.
I noticed on Jen's latest training videos that sometimes Adams still lets the ball go instead of guiding it down on to his foot. The result is, it doesn't hit his foot in the perfect spot & can float away off the boot.

Edit - The Adams ball drop was on the CFC video not Jen's.

Last edited:

We're definitely listing Brisket. I mean Briskey lol.

The club has just followed him on insta. So has a bunch of other players.
Might have been the reason for the applause yesterday.

Just hope we don't Officially do it until late as Possible Just in case IF he gets Injured

Just hope we don't Officially do it until late as Possible Just in case IF he gets Injured
would be a project/development player anyway. Injured or not. They wouldn't be expecting him to make an instant impact.
Not sure when they'll announce it. They do have until the start of march, but I suspect it'll be in the next couple weeks.

It's a concern for his Round 1 chances, but it's not a surprise. Becasue he missed most of the season, it's being forgotten that it wasn't that early in the calendar year that he did his knee. He did it at the end of June - so it's only six and a half months into an injury that is regularly an 8-12 month injury.
PCL isn’t usually an 8-12 month injury as a general rule. Players have been known to get back in 10 weeks from them.

That’s some quality stalking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PCL isn’t usually an 8-12 month injury as a general rule. Players have been known to get back in 10 weeks from them.

I thought he'd done his ACL. Just read that he did his PCL and MCL. Also just read that return to play after knee surgery tends to be longer when it's multiple ligaments involved -eg. his injury is worse than an ACL, so I don't think he's behind schedule.

Last edited:
I thought he'd done his ACL. Just read that he did his PCL and MCL. Also just read that return to play after knee surgery tends to be longer when it's multiple ligaments involved -eg. his injury is worse than an ACL, so I don't think he's behind schedule.
Nah it’s not worse than an ACL. The club initially hoped that he would be able to play finals, so clearly they were hopeful of a shorter timeline. I think he’s probably at the point now that they could ramp him up if needed, but at this stage they’re probably just taking it deliberately slow to make sure he’s cherry ripe for 2021.

If Briskey is now 197cm then... with his 94cm running vertical leap result at the combine... I reckon that about almost guarantees him being listed by us. Potentially could be a full back, 3rd string ruck or if he can clunk them... maybe even a ruck forward down the track

But sounds a bit like a project player. Along with mcmahon it might take him a couple of years

The problem is that we need young 195cm 90kg plus players that are ready to play in 2021.

If Roughead or Cox go down we will be exposed. Of that size bracket, only W Kelly and Keane seem ready-ish. And Questions over whether Lynch or Tohill could step up if called upon in 2021

Nah it’s not worse than an ACL. The club initially hoped that he would be able to play finals, so clearly they were hopeful of a shorter timeline. I think he’s probably at the point now that they could ramp him up if needed, but at this stage they’re probably just taking it deliberately slow to make sure he’s cherry ripe for 2021.

I only know what I read today via google, so could obviously be rubbish.

What is PCL reconstruction recovery time?
The PCL takes longer to heal in, and thus requires more biologic healing time, than an ACL reconstruction. This is because a PCL is larger and a larger graft is used to reconstruct the PCL. Most PCL rehabilitation programs rely on a 6-week period of nonweightbearing, utilizing a dynamic PCL brace, followed by a program up to 6 months postoperatively whereby a patient/athlete avoids running, twisting, turning and pivoting. At the 6-month point, if the PCL stress x-rays show good healing of the PCL reconstruction, patients can initiate a jogging program and start side-to-side activities if they have sufficient quadriceps strength and do not have any valgus collapse when they perform a single-leg squat. In our hands, with our professional and Olympic athletes, they are generally able to return to full competition between 9 and 12 months postoperatively. This totally depends upon whether there is solely an isolated PCL reconstruction or if there are other concurrent ligaments that are torn for the PCL.

In terms of the bolded, Jezza was reported to have mcl issues as well.

Last edited:
No I'm saying a) could of b) whos to say he didn't get scarred in following season?

You are just dismissing it for no reason rather then admit it was a possible cause of his softness setting in.

As I’ve said repeatedly, I don’t think what we saw in 2020 is reflective of the type of footy he has, can, and will play. Time will tell.

No I'm saying a) could of b) whos to say he didn't get scarred in following season?

You are just dismissing it for no reason rather then admit it was a possible cause of his softness setting in.

The other factor is that softness may have been there all along, without us noticing. Players aren't often targetted until they have a reputation. So he may have got by in Year 1 without copping much.

The other factor is that softness may have been there all along, without us noticing. Players aren't often targetted until they have a reputation. So he may have got by in Year 1 without copping much.

Was always very outside and poor defensively IMHO, but was still able to back his pace and skill to impact offensively. Didn’t take long in 2018 for other teams to start paying him more respect. Doubt he’ll ever be a crash packs type.

If he does miss the full 12 months, he'll need 3 vfl games to get some match fitness and by then it's almost September and he'll be very rusty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back