Are dogs the most overrated thing in the modern world?

Are dogs the most overrated thing in the world?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Most dogs are also fine at cafés if they can be quiet, still and the owner has them under control.

However, I understand and respect that not everyone appreciates sitting next to a dog while eating so I would not take a dog to a café unless that particular place made it clear they accommodate dogs and I had a dog that can sit quietly without disturbing any one else. It's the same with children, not everybody likes eating next to loud, smelly and bored children. Perhaps parents who can't leave their four year olds at home simply don't go to cafés or restaurants if their child can't sit quietly like everyone else in the venue.
Children should be seen and not heard.

Same with fat people, ugly people and anyone that spends 2 and half hours of their evening watching reality TV.

This could also fit in the 'things in life you just don't get' thread, but why do so many dogs enjoy eating cat poo?

Vets warn not to give dogs chocolate or sweet treats as it is apparently dangerous for them, but if they are eating cat poo (surely one of the most disgusting substances known to man) then I think chocolate is the least of their worries.

One word - 'Yuck!'

This could also fit in the 'things in life you just don't get' thread, but why do so many dogs enjoy eating cat poo?

Vets warn not to give dogs chocolate or sweet treats as it is apparently dangerous for them, but if they are eating cat poo (surely one of the most disgusting substances known to man) then I think chocolate is the least of their worries.

One word - 'Yuck!'
Better they eat it than roll around in it.

One word - 'Yuck!'

Not a fan of cat poo coffee?

I like dogs and cats.

I don't like little dogs or designer dogs like pugs or French bulldogs. I think it's incredibly cruel to breed dogs that have breathing problems.

I would love a dog like a husky or German sheppard but I live in an apartment and they deserve a backyard.

Wouldn't dress them up or create social media for them though. I don't even have a social media for me.

5 years late on the OP but no. While cats exist dogs will never be the most overrated thing.

There are zero redeeming qualities to cats. Dogs will play games, be your best mate, work for a living if necessary, sniff out illnesses. Cats are just straight up campaigners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have two old Jack Russells who still seem to be in relatively good health but they're just massive pains in the arse. They sleep in the laundry and I have to prepare when I open the door to let them out every morning to be greeted by a lake of pee and piles of crap.

The female has just started randomly vomiting every morning after going outside, eating her dentastik and coming back in. They're old, so they're basically like cats in how they pass their days: just infinitely smellier and dirtier. They don't like other dogs, so we have to plan around that whenever we go anywhere, including the in-laws holiday house.

They're not all bad: they're incredibly gentle and patient with our kids and others, they're friendly to all people and they genuinely love us (they're not like those weird antisocial ankle biters). I'll be sad when their time comes. But it will be a good 5-10 years at least (if ever) before I'd consider getting another, because to a large extent - they're a pain in the arse.

5 years late on the OP but no. While cats exist dogs will never be the most overrated thing.

There are zero redeeming qualities to cats. Dogs will play games, be your best mate, work for a living if necessary, sniff out illnesses. Cats are just straight up campaigners.
They will also make a s**t ton of unnecessary noise, and s**t where they like whilst you pick it up as you walk them !! lol.
tell me again how dogs are so awesome...

They will also make a s**t ton of unnecessary noise, and s**t where they like whilst you pick it up as you walk them !! lol.
tell me again how dogs are so awesome...
Not awesome. Just not as s**t and overrated as cats.

Back