Test Changes for... India 23 Edition + Post-match chat...

Remove this Banner Ad

Warner looks absolutely cooked. He is going to be a walking wicket in India.

Our batting lineup has some serious holes in it but our main concern is shall we pick this guy who averages sub 20 vs a guy who has 300 test wickets lol

Smith is going to need to carry the batting like last time it would seem.

Our batting lineup has some serious holes in it but our main concern is shall we pick this guy who averages sub 20 vs a guy who has 300 test wickets lol

I don't see Head making many either. Little bit of spin last night in the Big Bash and he looked completely at sea.

India are going to roll out dustbowls because we only have one good spinner and only Smith is proven against quality spin

And there's no SOK like there was back in 2017 to catch India offguard

I think it's going to be a bloodbath

India are going to roll out dustbowls because we only have one good spinner and only Smith is proven against quality spin

With 1 weeks prep and key players playing Big Bash I have to agree lol.

I agree that they will and i definitely think they win at home. However it does bring us in to it a little, some of those Indian batsman have been exposed by spin. Virat has looked awful against it in recent years. If the pitch is truly a spinners paradise it may make games come down to a couple crucial partnerships.

I agree that they will and i definitely think they win at home. However it does bring us in to it a little, some of those Indian batsman have been exposed by spin. Virat has looked awful against it in recent years. If the pitch is truly a spinners paradise it may make games come down to a couple crucial partnerships.
Most of their batsmen are right-handed, they're not going to fear Lyon spinning it in to them

Who's your second spinner?

Most of their batsmen are right-handed, they're not going to fear Lyon spinning it in to them

Who's your second spinner?

More bounce that is when Lyon is most dangerous probably why despite him not being close to a test spinner we have to play Agar. I still can’t believe we haven’t taken Kuhermann.

Don’t underestimate how big a loss Pant is been their second best bat for a few years. How fit is Jadeja going to be…and a Bumrah is out. Those are 3 key losses.

Jadeja ain't a loss when they have Axar

I would play Boland, if you don't have a competent spinner play your best bowlers

Pant is a massive loss no doubt but not enough to offset our ability to play spin

Don't get me wrong.... if they play Agar and he kills it I will be thrilled

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree on the Agar point, he does offer some (not as much as Green mind) flexibility
Versatility is the word I'd use Jim. Bats, bowls and is a brilliant fielder. I also heard that Starc is likely to miss 2-3 and Green only the one. Had it been the other way round, I expect CA may have added Aaron Hardie to the squad as cover for Green. I'd also prefer Handscomb over Renshaw in the starting X1 as one of our better players of spin. We will certainly need him if those pesky Indians dish up a typical Nagpur dust bowl in the first.

Pant is been their second best bat for a few years
Astonishes me how successful Pant has been given his loose technique. Like Travis Head and a younger Dave Warner, Pant has pinpoint hand eye co-ordination to get the majority of his runs, the rest is with reckless abandon. Pant will have an up and down career.

Last edited:
Yep. Reason we have to play Handscomb for Green and dare CA bite the bullet and replace Head with Renshaw who is a better player of spin. We need our very best at Nagpur as that will be the nastiest dust bowl of the series. To be honest Usman has improved his spin play since last tour over there. Can get cemented to the crease tho early in his innings so needs to show intent from ball one as do all our batsmen and not allow their spinners to settle. Failure to do this and they will be calling the shots then batting becomes one hard gig on their decks.

Last edited:
Versatility is the word I'd use Jim. Bats, bowls and is a brilliant fielder. I also heard that Starc is likely to miss 2-3 and Green only the one. Had it been the other way round, I expect CA may have added Aaron Hardie to the squad as cover for Green. I'd also prefer Handscomb over Renshaw in the starting X1 as one of our better players of spin. We will certainly need him if those pesky Indians dish up a typical Nagpur dust bowl in the first.

Astonishes me how successful Pant has been given his loose technique. Like Travis Head and a younger Dave Warner, Pant has pinpoint hand eye co-ordination to get the majority of his runs, the rest is with reckless abandon. Pant will have an up and down career.
Renshaw played the spinners better than Handscomb did last time we were in India. Was only dismissed 3 times to spin that series and faced well over 300 balls of Ashwin and Jadeja. Handscomb is a good player of spin but I feel like his ability is a little overstated, he got out to Roston Chase and Brathwaite in the PM's XI match...

Renshaw played the spinners better than Handscomb did last time we were in India. Was only dismissed 3 times to spin that series and faced well over 300 balls of Ashwin and Jadeja. Handscomb is a good player of spin but I feel like his ability is a little overstated, he got out to Roston Chase and Brathwaite in the PM's XI match...
I changed my post to include Renshaw over Head but this first draft was the one quoted. So both Renners and Pete playing for mine. Doubt that CA will dump Trav given the form he has been in here at home. But they should. The decks he played on this summer are nowhere near the typical Indian one.

Head in India worries me too. Unfortunately they're never going to make too many changes to a successful line-up so if Green is out, they will most likely play Renshaw at no.6. If that is the case, would rather Renshaw at 5.

pretty sure khawaja, marnus, head, green and carey haven't played test cricket in india

I changed my post to include Renshaw over Head but this first draft was the one quoted. So both Renners and Pete playing for mine. Doubt that CA will dump Trav given the form he has been in here at home. But they should. The decks he played on this summer are nowhere near the typical Indian one.
They won’t drop head for the first test

Remove this Banner Ad

Back