ODI Australia v England ODI Series (NOV 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bailey and Co keep going back to the well with the Abbott's and Kane Richardson's of the world.

Both capable but are they really taking us anywhere?

Perfect opportunity to have gotten some young blood into the squad I would've thought.
A young batting all-rounder might have been a good like-for-like match.

Bailey and Co keep going back to the well with the Abbott's and Kane Richardson's of the world.

Both capable but are they really taking us anywhere?

Perfect opportunity to have gotten some young blood into the squad I would've thought.
In our last ODI series v New Zealand, Abbott went 10 overs 2/31 and 5 overs 2/1. I think he probably deserves to be kept going back to for a bit yeah.

Do people at a 50th really chase each other around like 10 year olds?
mum had a food fight at hers and then decided to jump on a tresell table almost broke her ankle

Maxwell out with a fractured leg as a result of an incident at a birthday party. Sean Abbott now in the squad.
Serious question, Maxwell is 34 years old. (just turned). With the injury looking long-term and most likely now, he will miss the entire Big Bash this season.

I wouldnt say he is an automatic lock now for the future captaincy for T20 as many have touted. Could this be the end of his career for the national team? I dont think his form has been that particularly great either. Bobs up with 1 good performance from every 6 games or so.

Serious question, Maxwell is 34 years old. (just turned). With the injury looking long-term and most likely now, he will miss the entire Big Bash this season.

I wouldnt say he is an automatic lock now for the future captaincy for T20 as many have touted. Could this be the end of his career for the national team? I dont think his form has been that particularly great either. Bobs up with 1 good performance from every 6 games or so.

Would look at moving him on after the ODI World Cup next year in India. I see Maxie playing only one format t20

I have serious reservations about maxwell playing pace thought it was noticeable in the warm games and World Cup that he has an issue against pace

T20 only at 34 plus can get a few more years out of him if he concentrates on one format only

(Log in to remove this ad.)

already got M.Marsh, Stoinis and Green in the squad and in any case would find it difficult fitting them all into the same XI.

still gotta try and squeeze them all in with warner, head, smith, marnus and carey.
So it will be interesting to see how we line up come Thursday with maxi out

Does Stoin take his role in the batting order at seven??.....Do we play Agar as the extra spinner to cover maxi??

So it will be interesting to see how we line up come Thursday with maxi out

Does Stoin take his role in the batting order at seven??.....Do we play Agar as the extra spinner to cover maxi??
I think Head has played good as opener from the games Ive seen him there.

Something like a :

Warner
Head
Steve Smith
Labuschagne
Stoinis
Carey
Ashton Agar/Cam Green
Cummins
Hazlewood
Starc
Zampa

I know the team has a familiar feel to the Test setup.......Adelaide played a bit spin friendly in the last T20 world cup matches so Ashton Agar a chance to play.

I think Head has played good as opener from the games Ive seen him there.

Something like a :

Warner
Head
Steve Smith
Labuschagne
Stoinis
Carey
Ashton Agar/Cam Green
Cummins
Hazlewood
Starc
Zampa

I know the team has a familiar feel to the Test setup.......Adelaide played a bit spin friendly in the last T20 world cup matches so Ashton Agar a chance to play.
Looking at that order I would have Green above Stoinis and carey.....

1. Warner
2. Head
3. Smith
4. Laubschange
5. Green
6. Marsh
7. Carey
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Zampa
11. Hazlewood

Remove this Banner Ad