ODI Australia v England ODI Series (NOV 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have liked to see Renshaw play over Labs in this. Great List A form for Qld, Somerset and Aus A the last year and actually bats 4 for Qld unlike Labs who looks out of position when he bats 4 for Aus.

Handscomb should be Australia's #4 in this format
Not the worst option, feel like Renshaw has more upside though in the long term, has made the same amount of List A 100's in the last year or so as Handscomb has made in his career. As long as it's someone that has actually shown they can bat in the middle order and not just shoehorning another opener in to the middle I'll be happy.

Last edited:
Not the worst option, feel like Renshaw has more upside though in the long term, has made the same amount of List A 100's in the last year or so as Handscomb has made in his career. As long as it's someone that has actually shown they can bat in the middle order and not just shoehorning another opener in to the middle I'll be happy.
I would rather green

will be interesting to see with what XI they go with in game 1.

the 4 batting allrounders plus agar could be battling for 2 or 3 spots.

warner
head
smith
labuschagne
MAXWELL
M.MARSH
STOINIS
GREEN
carey
agar
starc
cummins
zampa
hazelewood

Englands squad announced on ICC:

England ODI squad

Jos Buttler, Moeen Ali, Sam Billings, Sam Curran, Liam Dawson, Chris Jordan, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Jason Roy, Phil Salt, Olly Stone, James Vince, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Luke Wood.

But with Malan injured and same too for Mark Wood and no Ben Stokes and Alex Hales. Stokes retiring from ODI cricket and Hales might get a call up again if Malan cant make it.

Jason Roy called up.

My only question is how motivated the Poms will be, after playing on the Sunday, possibly having to hang around till the Monday for a reserve day. Reckon the motivation might not be there. Their priority will be on winning the T20 World Cup.

Englands squad announced on ICC:

England ODI squad

Jos Buttler, Moeen Ali, Sam Billings, Sam Curran, Liam Dawson, Chris Jordan, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Jason Roy, Phil Salt, Olly Stone, James Vince, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Luke Wood.

But with Malan injured and same too for Mark Wood and no Ben Stokes and Alex Hales. Stokes retiring from ODI cricket and Hales might get a call up again if Malan cant make it.

Jason Roy called up.

My only question is how motivated the Poms will be, after playing on the Sunday, possibly having to hang around till the Monday for a reserve day. Reckon the motivation might not be there. Their priority will be on winning the T20 World Cup.

Not to fussed on there motivation NYRB we can only control us and I am expecting a better performance than what we have seen lately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill have a stab at the crowds for this series

1st ODI: Adelaide 13,500
2nd ODI: Sydney 16,500
3rd ODI: Melbourne 18,500

The Sydney crowd will be higher than Melbourne. They’ve always drawn bigger crowds for ODIs and the Sydney game is on a weekend as well.

But yeah reckon those predicted attendances are in the right ballpark

Look, if you can't get more than 20,000 to Australia vs England in a city with more than 5 million people, you've probably lost the right to host big matches ever again.

Maybe give them a test against a minnow nation, but start it on a Tuesday or something.

And we'll complain when nobody turns up to that, either.

Its a bit difference coming from a T20 World Cup to a ODI series. For alot of people Id imagine, some will struggle to adjust to the game and may lack the attention span to watch the games. Having 2 of those games on the weekdays doesnt help as well.

Yeah these ODIs feel pretty meaningless, England have a good excuse to lose if they've been circuiting post WC win. Am still keen to get the G and see some cricket though.

Maxwell out with a fractured leg as a result of an incident at a birthday party. Sean Abbott now in the squad.

Bailey and Co keep going back to the well with the Abbott's and Kane Richardson's of the world.

Both capable but are they really taking us anywhere?

Perfect opportunity to have gotten some young blood into the squad I would've thought.

Yeah but we have to wait a few years before the young NSW players come through :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back