Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of competitor watch Jamal Murray has pulled out of the tournament for Canada. Needs more to time to recover post playoffs.

Jokic called it much earlier for Serbia.
may be better for Canuck team either Tokyo or Paris , team all behind MJ(SGA) no competing for looks/usage/leadership

Wonder if they're gonna talk to Patty, Joe and Nick about the Olympics. Goulding probably not there either. Would love to see Cooks at the 4 there. If they do have the conversation then it has serious gaps:

Giddey/Daniels
Green/Exum
Thybulle/???/???
Cooks/White/???
Landale/Reath

Landale slots into Cooks' spot and Cooks into Kay but we need another couple of 2/3's. Concerning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if they're gonna talk to Patty, Joe and Nick about the Olympics. Goulding probably not there either. Would love to see Cooks at the 4 there. If they do have the conversation then it has serious gaps:

Giddey/Daniels
Green/Exum
Thybulle/???/???
Cooks/White/???
Landale/Reath

Landale slots into Cooks' spot and Cooks into Kay but we need another couple of 2/3's. Concerning.
Can't play Thybulle and Cooks together. Just not enough shooting.

Well done to Reath. Well deserved.
Happy for him, he deserves it after his World Cup efforts. He showed he is a reliable shooter from 3 and provides some rim defence.
Playing with Tisse is a bonus too, pairs of Aussie players training and playing together constantly is great for our national team.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whilst I agree, we have a severe lack of 2/3's
Look out for Alex Toohey to come through possibly in time for the next Olympics at the 3 spot. He's three point shooting has improved dramatically over the last year and if he can make shots from distance at NBL level this season he could yet be a lottery pick in the NBA next draft. The reason I have huge optimism for him is based on his improvement in the last 12 months. He's currently listed just outside the lottery in the first mock drafts but Im expecting that will change when the NBL season starts.

Tyrese Proctor would the best 2 prospect coming through. He was pick projected to go pick 12 in the latest NBA mock draft I saw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back